What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another UK thread!!!!

RedV

Juniors
Seems our e-mails and phonecalls have made no difference, fellas.

Went into GAME in St Helens today, the guy was very friendly and spent a good 10 mins discussing the game with me. Anyway, the shortened version of what he said, is that the XBOX and PC will actually be here EARLIER than the PS2. Why? Because of the glitch with Sony a month or so back. Apparently the XB and PC have been ready to go for a while.

Saturday 13th - XBOX and PC
Friday 19th - PS2

Also, anyone with an order at Game in St Helens - the figures given to me were 800 copies of the game, to 900 PRE-ORDERS. The message is get there quick and get your copy, because some people are going to be seriously pi$$ed off. Make sure you're not one of them!

I have a preorder with Gamesters in Wigan, so thought I'd check with the bloke there as well. He told me Saturday 13th for PS2 as confirmed by the distributors, Alternative. He also told me he had been assured there would be enough pre-orders to cover those made at Gamesters. He seems like a genuinely good guy and is doing his best for everyone. He said XBOX and PC could make the 15th, but would more than likely be the 19th.

So I took a deep breath and phoned Alternative Software. Confirmed release date? Not a chance! "Some time next week, mate." Why?! I explained to him the different things I had been told, and he just basically fobbed me off with 'I don't know why that's happened mate. Sorry.' I asked him why the game was delayed and he couldn't answer me, just said it was to do with getting a shipment of the game.

Alternative are a joke. I guess we can now confirm for sure that is THEM at the heart of all the problems - not for their incompetence, but for their dishonesty. If anyone from Alternative reads this, please just be honest.

Wigan Warrior

Juniors
Its a viscious circle really.

Everyone including the shops are just guessing when the game will be ready.

When i e-mailed Alternative about a week ago to see if the release date of the 12th was on track they told me that the X-Box and PC version had already been manufactured and where ready to go.If that was true then why are they now telling the shops that the PS2 version will come out before the X-Box and PC? From what Mario said the other day,it is a fact that Alternative have cocked up somewhere along the line.Being a company based outside the North West of England they are probrably still choking the chicken over Johnny Wilkinsons drop goal and cant be bothered to send the games out.

Im beginning to think ill get my PC version from GP store in NZ before my PS2 version from the UK.Im much more looking forward to the PS2 though because i always think games play much smoother and nicer on the consoles without any problems.

I dont give a toss if Alternative are reading this or not,they are tossers and have told blatant lies to everyone whos phoned or e-mailed them.I hope they make no money at all from distributing the game.

Latest posts