What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Week another Loss

Monk

Referee
So i was at work and was unable to watch/listen to the game, can someone bring me up to speed on who played well, who needs to spend some time in newtown, and what went wrong overall?

BLKOUT!

Juniors
FPN was good, BJ had some ok moments, Tasi had a nice hit on Bird, nearly everyone else was basically ineffective. Braith's kicking game was awful and the team can't seem to defend on wings at all, they would've had more tries down there if the Titans winger didn't drop one cold with the line open.

FPN had his usual good game against the Titans, that's him done for the year.

Anasta, Minichiello, Graham > Newtown

Tinirau Arona put in a better kick than anything Pearce or Anasta put in. Last week against the Merge it was Friend who put the best kick in, I see a pattern.

Ford is shit aswell. It's a non issue since Anasta and Pearce will never be dropped and Anasta will only be moved out of 6 if/when Carney returns and then he'll be even more useless in 11.

Jacob Miller should have been retained.

This was the 4th time this season the forwards did their job and we came up with nothing. Usually, like last year, the forwards got overpowered in a loss but not this year they've aimed up well with the emergence of Kennedy and players like Arona and now Tasi hungry for a shot. They're not singing on the same page and obviously there is friction nobody knows what is going on, kick pass or run nobody knows what's happening next.

Last edited:

Rooster Legend

Juniors
Kenny-Dowall again had a quiet game. I'm beginning to notice that whenever Carney doesn't play, Kenny-Dowall barely gets as much ball. It's because Carney was always the one giving it to Kenny-Dowall to do his work. Stats speak for themselves - all 5 of SKD's tries this year were scored while Carney was playing.

Bgoodorgoodatit

Juniors
well first let me preface this with saying im drunk. if i stil have your attention then read on..............:crazy:

forwards were pretty good again this week although still prone to the usual lapses in concentration.

backs were lazy didnt get involved, the only one that looked half dangerous was maub (who consequently should be in the forwards)

briath look old and slow (does anyone else remember when he used to make line breaks for the dogs cause i cant remeber when he last made one for us. or created one for that matter)

mini was solid but not dangerous at all which is more than i can say for the rest of our outside backs

halves play looked disjointed and unorganised

kicking game was once again shithouse

had 57 % of the ball and still lost convincingly

pearce kept drifting across the field and throwing pointless inside passes and only took the line on when there was no no one to pass to. (does anyone else think if he played more direct, passing at the line more often his dummy and run game might all of a sudden become more effective)

if mini had dummied and run instead of passing it to bj to drop it we would have won (did anyone else see the size of the hole on the inside)

the whole team seems to have a general lack of concentration and cant keep up any decent level of intensity for more than 10 min at a time. whatever good play we manage is followed up by a few sets of lazy slow play the balls shit line speed and lack of urgency.

we need to go forward before we go sideways.

thats all i got right now...........if i think of anything else ill be back

feel free to add more

Hiekka

Juniors
Spot on BG.

I have been watching Mitchell P closely and 90% of his plays involve drifting across the field and popping an inside ball. I haven't seen one break made using this play.

It seems to be his own trademark because none of the other halfbacks use it more than about 10% of their plays!

well first let me preface this with saying im drunk. if i stil have your attention then read on..............:crazy:

forwards were pretty good again this week although still prone to the usual lapses in concentration.

backs were lazy didnt get involved, the only one that looked half dangerous was maub (who consequently should be in the forwards)

briath look old and slow (does anyone else remember when he used to make line breaks for the dogs cause i cant remeber when he last made one for us. or created one for that matter)

mini was solid but not dangerous at all which is more than i can say for the rest of our outside backs

halves play looked disjointed and unorganised

kicking game was once again shithouse

had 57 % of the ball and still lost convincingly

pearce kept drifting across the field and throwing pointless inside passes and only took the line on when there was no no one to pass to. (does anyone else think if he played more direct, passing at the line more often his dummy and run game might all of a sudden become more effective)

if mini had dummied and run instead of passing it to bj to drop it we would have won (did anyone else see the size of the hole on the inside)

the whole team seems to have a general lack of concentration and cant keep up any decent level of intensity for more than 10 min at a time. whatever good play we manage is followed up by a few sets of lazy slow play the balls shit line speed and lack of urgency.

we need to go forward before we go sideways.

thats all i got right now...........if i think of anything else ill be back

feel free to add more

CMUX

I agree with the sentiments regarding the kicking game. It took Minichiello and Jake Friend to put in decent kicks for us, everything Perarce and Anasta did was crap.

I guess the one positive in all of this is that we are not getting flogged; we have been in all but one game right up until the end. Additionally our defence is mostly aiming up (particularly forwards and we haven’t conceded 30 in a game yet), it is our attack that is letting us down.

Latest posts