What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Griffin feeling the heat?

davi

Juniors
The speculation is starting that he is in trouble and the Panthers were favorites at the start of the season to win the premiership now they are 2-6. I'm not sure but I haven't seen them closely enough, but I've read Trent Merrin and Matty Moylan are in forms slumps. The off-field problems of Bryce Cartwright plus his injuries, and the drink ban on Moylan and two other players probably haven't helped things. James Tamou also hasn't been delivering after getting that big contract.

Gus Gould was asked about it before round 8, and he said it still early days. Thats true, in fact Panthers didn't really turn things around till the secound of half of last season. But they can't afford dig themselves in a hole too much or they won't get out. Top four spot is looking less and less likely.

Easily the biggest disappointments in the comp right now.

Jetka100

Juniors
In respect of Tamou, as a Cowboys fan I wasn't that concerned about losing him. Would have been nice having him with Matt Scott's injury, but I think Jordan Mclean coming in next season more than makes up for his loss and Mclean will continue to improve. Tamou's best days are behind him.

Spot On

Coach
I've deadset seen Tamou play a handful of games where he's been great. He's not your first hit up prop, nor does he lead the pack in any way.

For a bloke his size, and he is f**king huge, he really does disappoint.

He talked it up before Origin last year and was horrible.

He's now one of the highest paid props in the game and for the life of me I can't work out why. Said as much when I read what Gus was giving him before he left the Cows.

I know he is capable of better but even at his absolute best, week in, week out, he is no world beater. A welcome addition to an already strong pack but no world beater.

He needs to send Matt Scott a regular cheque as a thank you for the coin he's grabbed from Gus.

BuffaloRules

Coach
don't know which idiots had Panthers as premiership favourites

certainly wasn't the bookies

I seem to recall seeing a betting market pre season that might have had them favourites...

Bookies aren't infallible and there was a lot of wankery about them before a footy was kicked in anger...

TheVelourFog

First Grade
I seem to recall seeing a betting market pre season that might have had them favourites...

Bookies aren't infallible and there was a lot of wankery about them before a footy was kicked in anger...

half the comp are considered "favourites" at any given time

means nothing

gregstar

Referee
i'd suggest that griffin is on a hiding to nothing.

he has beesting head looking over his shoulder.

i'd also suggest that the players are not as sh*t hot as we're told they are.

Life's Good

Coach
Gould picked a good time to allow the Sh*tfield puff piece otherwise it would be stinking up worse than it is. Like has been said earlier there are players that are out of form & weight of favouritism looks to be playing heavily on them. Add the Cartwright mess to the Hangover 3 and things don't look good.
The talent is there(have to give credit for last year) to turn things around but FMD, Griffin ain't the most inspiring sort of bloke you would look to for a Tony Robbins type leadership style.
Anyway, Gould never really did say when the 5 year plan was starting or if he meant the 5 years should be classified as consecutive so it should be all sweet.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I think the biggest prblem there is there are too many chiefs & not enough Indians.

Cleary, Moylan, Martin/Cartwright, Merrin, Wallace, Peachey etc all seem to be fighting for the ball and no one is tucking the ball under their arm and running hard at the line. Too much sideways stuff.

Much better last year when Cleary was the single focal point and dominant half.

Griffin is a complete dud and i hope Brisbane put 50 on us this week. The squad is easily top 4 and the way hes killed the attack this year is truly amazing. Even forwards like Merrin who was only behind Tamololo last year now suck

Latest posts