What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Griffin feeling the heat?

Pedge1971

First Grade
Griffin is a complete dud and i hope Brisbane put 50 on us this week. The squad is easily top 4 and the way hes killed the attack this year is truly amazing. Even forwards like Merrin who was only behind Tamololo last year now suck

But surely the playing group has to take some ownership?

He had them playing good footy last year and they have a history of being 1 year on, 1 year off. Injuries have played a part historically but it was the same under Cleary.

Not defending Hook but the players and Gould (who punted Cleary and seems to have his paws all over recruitment) have to shoulder some of this.

Besides, you sack Hook and who is your coach? Jason Taylor is free........

blaza88z

Coach
Griffin is a poor man's Wayne Bennett, he has the personality traits of Wayne Bennett but it's clear he's struggling to coach a side which should be competing amongst the top 4

They're not defending very well, their attack all year has been shit, they belted Newcastle but I thought that was mainly because Newcastle dropped their heads, it was individual plays rather team tries with the spine linking with one and other

beave

Coach
Tamou struggling deluxe when he doesn't have the luxury of Matty Scott and Lolo doing the hard work for him, geez who would have thought?

$750k a year for that plodder was mind blowing, Gould and co are pretty good judges of player generally, f**k knows what they were thinking signing that heap.

I guess it's payback for taking Kikau off us the buggers.....

Pedge1971

First Grade
It is funny but I reckon both Bennett and Gus have lost some of their lustre. Once considered sage masters whos views could not be questioned, in old age I think they are f**king up quite a bit.

f**k, Gus even gave Rothfield an interview last week. Is that the act of a sane man?

Bennett seems obsessively paranoid about the media whereas before he easily manipulated them.

Past their use by date?

Spot On

Coach
Dunno, Gus did say it was a weak comp at the end of last season, that coincided with Penrith's run to the finals.

Was Gus actually hinting that his own club wasn't really playing that well last year???

He does hedge his bets a lot.

Johnny88

Juniors
P.Kent said that Griffin under coaches the team lets them do what they like on field.
Mabe they need a new approach. Don't think Gus would sack him this season unless he starts to look tired.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
But surely the playing group has to take some ownership?

He had them playing good footy last year and they have a history of being 1 year on, 1 year off. Injuries have played a part historically but it was the same under Cleary.

Not defending Hook but the players and Gould (who punted Cleary and seems to have his paws all over recruitment) have to shoulder some of this.

Besides, you sack Hook and who is your coach? Jason Taylor is free........

f**k off, this guy is shit. Sure, maybe you can say some of our players are overrated - I can live with that. But there are clear selectional (let's drop CHN for Hiku on the bench!) and tactical (let's not kick for position but instead crab side to side hoping for some miracle defensive f**k up) weaknesses that can only be blamed on the coach.

Pedge1971

First Grade
f**k off, this guy is shit. Sure, maybe you can say some of our players are overrated - I can live with that. But there are clear selectional (let's drop CHN for Hiku on the bench!) and tactical (let's not kick for position but instead crab side to side hoping for some miracle defensive f**k up) weaknesses that can only be blamed on the coach.

Not playing direct enough I agree. But to say it is all Hook when they are playing nothing like they were in finals last year tells me it isnt just him.

Should you have kept Cleary then?

Anyway sack him and watch the improvement under Jason Taylor or Elliot.....

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Not playing direct enough I agree. But to say it is all Hook when they are playing nothing like they were in finals last year tells me it isnt just him.

Should you have kept Cleary then?

Anyway sack him and watch the improvement under Jason Taylor or Elliot.....

Who do you support? Wanna swap coaches?

Tiger5150

Bench
I am late to this thread but I would just like to say to Penrith.......thank you, thank you so much...For Ivan Cleary.

If Gus does nothing else, at least he gave us this. But can we also please have TMM back?

Pedge1971

First Grade
I am late to this thread but I would just like to say to Penrith.......thank you, thank you so much...For Ivan Cleary.

If Gus does nothing else, at least he gave us this. But can we also please have TMM back?

Whichis why I think Teflon Gus needs to shoulder some of the shit being thrown at Hook.

That and some interesting signings.