What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anthony Griffin

Rich102

Staff member
Watched the interview on NRL 360.
I thought he handled himself well.

Was interested in a couple of his comments.

He said he was attracted to the Panthers because of their talent pool.
But then went on to say something along the lines of:
A lot of clubs have good junior strength but not the coaching talent to turn them into reliable NRL players,
Boy, has that applied to the Warriors in the past!
He also said when you first pick a player for NRL you have to show a bit of confidence in him and allow him to cement a place; not bounce him up and down.
How many players have we seen given a week in grade, played OK and then straight back to reserves?

I think we could do a lot better. Hopefully we will learn. But I am not confident.

Cold Roses

Juniors
There are signs of it this year. It's all about the balance. Papali'i seems to have been well managed so far. He got a taste of first grade last year along with getting big minutes in ISP. This year he seems to have the motor to go the distance, the question for me would be, are the big minutes this season blunting his effectiveness or not? On the flip side, I think it was a huge mistake by Kearney to play Vuna as well as Papali'i against the Titans. Too much inexperience in the pack at one time. They got kudos for enthusiasm in a flat performance, but how effective were they really?

A lot of it comes down to how good the junior actually is to begin with. A lot of conversations on here have touched on a lack of basic skills with our juniors. I suspect the Panthers don't have as much of a problem with that in their junior ranks.

Campion

Juniors
I think Papali'i has been tremendous this season, dare I say a revelation. So, we at least managed that one right!

Latest posts