What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anti-Violence Ribbon

ibeme

First Grade
I have a proposal.

What if REAL Bulldogs fans, in a protest against the violence, wore a bright coloured ribbon to all games. This ribbon would indicate our stance against the violence, and would also indicate that we are not their to take part in violence.

It would also apply pressure to the thugs, singling them out. By not wearing one, you're telling the world that you're a candidate for thuggery.

Just a thought.

t-ba

Post Whore
I'll chuck $100 on them wearing the Ribbons and beating up some 8y.o opposition fans and their mothers...

ibeme

First Grade
I didn't say it was a solution.

It's a visual pledge you're making to represent your club in the best possible light, and it sends a message. It makes a statement. We've got to do something. It would have to be something that the club promotes, so that it reaches the supporters.

TRANSLATION

Juniors
ibeme said:
I have a proposal.

What if REAL Bulldogs fans, in a protest against the violence, wore a bright coloured ribbon to all games. This ribbon would indicate our stance against the violence, and would also indicate that we are not their to take part in violence.

It would also apply pressure to the thugs, singling them out. By not wearing one, you're telling the world that you're a candidate for thuggery.

Just a thought.

Its a great suggestion. Send this message to Peponis mate, I think it's great. It shows the Real fans are not going to put up with it.
:clap:

BTW, You one of the classiest people on here. :clap:

Godz Illa

Coach
It's a token gesture and a sham. People aren't morons - they can see straight through this kind of charade. I'm sorry, but I think it's a terrible idea. The Dogs have become the pillar of ignominy and I dont think a bunch of cheap ribbons will change that.

MEE

Juniors
Would the ribbons be attached with a pin? I wouldn't trust a bulldogs fan with a pin.

ibeme

First Grade
It could also be used to indicate 'safe areas' in the ground. People wanting to avoid violence can head to where everyone is wearing one.

Razor

Coach
It could also be used to indicate 'safe areas' in the ground. People wanting to avoid violence can head to where everyone is wearing one.

What's stopping people who plan to be violent wearing one of those ribbons?

Godz Illa

Coach
Exactly right. I guess right before they hand you a ribbon they have to ask "Are you planning on engaging in violent behaviour tonight?" and if you answer "Yes, I am actually" they don't give you a ribbon.

Munky

Coach
George_Illa said:
Exactly right. I guess right before they hand you a ribbon they have to ask "Are you planning on engaging in violent behaviour tonight?" and if you answer "Yes, I am actually" they don't give you a ribbon.

Back in the mid 90s on flights going to the US they asked if you were planning terrorist acts.

ibeme

First Grade
Razor said:

What's stopping people who plan to be violent wearing one of those ribbons?

I think they're too brazen to bother with it. They like to intimidate people. They make no attempt to hide or conceal their attitudes. It's part of the thrill for them

ibeme

First Grade
George_Illa said:

They could set up a stand or something (the details would have to be worked out) and charge for the ribbons, directing all proceeds to an applicable charity. This would act as kind of a deterrent for those that aren't serious about getting one, but those who are serious about making a statement would make the effort.

lozza

Juniors
it's not a solution but it is definatly a good idea.

Shows that even bulldogs supporters don't like the violence either.

The decent Bulldogs supporters need to do something to show the louts that they are in the extreme minority and aren't welcome in your community.

This wouldn't be a bad idea, I agree.

ozbash

Referee
Kurt Sherlock's Mo said:
The decent Bulldogs supporters need to do something to show the louts that they are in the extreme minority and aren't welcome in your community.

This wouldn't be a bad idea, I agree.

totally agree,
the true bulldogs fan has to let these mongrels know they are not wanted and i guarentee that the club/s , nrl and authorities would be right behind them.