What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anxiety

Bazal

Post Whore
I too have had anxiety my entire life.
As a kid I just couldn't sleep. Doctor put it down too "an overactive imagination "
This past year I have been severely sleep deprived. I don't get to bed until around midnight because I fear going to bed & worrying about stuff. Once I get to sleep I continually wake up.
This went on for months, then the pounding heart & racing pulse started happening There is no way in the world you can sleep when you feel like you have just run a marathon. I find it impossible to relax.
Now i dread going to work, dread going out & just want to stay in bed all day.
I have seen my GP a few times about it and last week was put on some medication. They are supposed to help me sleep and the first night they did, although it was hard to get up the next day.
The 2nd night worked well too, and on Sat I felt better than I have in such a long, long time. Sat night sleep was an issue & last night I barely got 3hours. Ifelt on the verge of a panic attack which is a new symptom.
And now I have called in another sickie at work because I just could not function without sleep.

I have another appointment with the doctor this week so will have to see if we can sort out a better dosage for the medication I guess.
I know my job & pre-existing illness are the main culprits, but even things like going to my sister's wedding last year freaked me out, cause I did not want to deal with talking to people I was unfamiliar with.
And being type 1 diabetic, I'm over the strain of taking all the steps to care for myself in the simplest of situations.
Even walking the dog involves testing sugars levels. Depending on the result,, I may need to snack first so my levels don't drop too low. Then I fill my pockets with sugary items incase the exercise of walking makes them drop too low and I have a "hypo". Then I tell my boyfriend what route I will take, my estimate of how long it will be & take my phone. All in case something goes wrong & aI need to call for help or he can come find me if I don't come home when expected.
Now times that by everything you do every day for the last 36 years it's just too much to bear sometimes....

It's a f**king awful thing to have. How'd you go in the time since this?

Latest posts