What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any coverage of the all stars game on eith pay or FTA apart frm WIN at 70

j5o6hn

Juniors
Is our friend 9 showing the all star game or are they doing their usual arsehole trick of ignoring RL again this year.
No wonder the swine are broke is it on Pay as I cant find it on the sports channels

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
Usual arseholes!

Best bit is to find a pub with imparja and hope they are showing it. Paddington generally supports RL so might be worth giving them a ring to see if they have it on.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If you find out can you let me know? Just moved to Perth myself and stinging to watch a game of footy. It would suck of I didn't get to watch it next weekend.

Nuke

Staff member
Ch9 are showing it at their usual 12:30am timeslot. WIN are showing it 5hrs earlier (either at 7pm or 7:30pm ... I forget which), while Imparja will be showing it live I'd assume, which will mean it can be watched at 4:30pm / 5:30pm live (depending on what the kickoff time is ... again, I haven't looked).

It would have been great had Ch9 shown the game live on GEM, however I guess that's too much to ask.

I was told by someone who knows that Ch9 were coming on board with us in WA (finally!) in 2012 and were going to give us a better deal. I wasn't told what their plans were, but I guessed it would involve the Friday and Sunday NRL games on at a decent hour on GEM as well as Origin live on their main channel. That was just my guesses though.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Ok everyone, The Paddo it is! Got an email from them telling me they will be showing it live on the bigscreen. Come along, hopefully the place will be full of RL fans! I've put it out on Facebook and will be in this weeks Red Army newsletter so hopefully we can get a good turn out and support the Paddo who are good at supporting RL. One day I can see the Paddo becoming home of the Red Army for pre match drinks before a coach takes us all to nib!

http://www.paddo.com.au/

joondalup_giant

Staff member
Ch9 are showing it at their usual 12:30am timeslot. WIN are showing it 5hrs earlier (either at 7pm or 7:30pm ... I forget which), while Imparja will be showing it live I'd assume, which will mean it can be watched at 4:30pm / 5:30pm live (depending on what the kickoff time is ... again, I haven't looked).

It would have been great had Ch9 shown the game live on GEM, however I guess that's too much to ask.

I was told by someone who knows that Ch9 were coming on board with us in WA (finally!) in 2012 and were going to give us a better deal. I wasn't told what their plans were, but I guessed it would involve the Friday and Sunday NRL games on at a decent hour on GEM as well as Origin live on their main channel. That was just my guesses though.

Ey Nuke do you know if we managed to find a way to show the game at the club house?

Hoofhearted

Juniors
The game is being streamed live on NRL.com, you will be able to watch it online or on TV if you have a T-Box.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Good to see fans at The Paddo last night enjoying the game. Also spotted ex Western Reds hooker Matt Fuller and RL radio presenter Sully in the crowd.

Swamp

Juniors
As I have posted in the NRL section this game was advertised on WIN @ 7:30PM but was never shown. Instead they reprogrammed Big Momma''s House. What an appalling decision WIN. I dare say I won't received a reply to my email.

Nuke

Staff member
WIN are usually pretty good (compared to their Perth metro area counterpart) when it comes to the NRL. Such a shame that they advertised it yet couldn't follow through. I hate it when that happens.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It beggars belief and I would love to be a fly on the wall in the room where that conversation took place and hear the real reasons they do this. Call me paranoid but can;t help think the only reason is to not promote the code in AFL land, there seems no logical commercial reason to do it.