What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any funny stories of after friday night?

lingard

Coach
My wife hates Rugby League. My twelve year old son has never shown any interest at all. But on Friday night I was watching the game, and Josh came in and sat down and ended up watching half the first half and all of the second half with me. He was making comments like - "Gee, that Jarryd Hayne is clever", and "wow, that was a great run", etc.

After the game, I was over the moon. I had a cup of tea and went to bed. Priceless.

Nikki

Coach
Took me half an hour to drive down Marsden St and was hi 5'in drivers going in the opposite direction. Felt sorry for the coppers who were blocking off all the streets leading to Church St. Was one of the last cars to make it into the Leaguesy before they shut that all off too after they started rocking cars trying to make it thru. With all the drums and what not kinda felt like a Bulldogs win :lol:

hilltop hood

Juniors
Had a commitment on Friday night and after listening to most of the game on abc got home in time for the second half. Bounced around the lounge room like an idiot and needed to get out and express my happiness.

Packed the wife and little one into the car and headed into Church St. Drove around a few times and each time the streets got slower and slower until eventually it was just a car park full of Blue and Gold and horns blaring. Absolute magic...

Anyway was stopped at the LC lights and saw the bus and crowd so thought I'd have a look. Parked on the footpath, jumped out and walked down and the first bloke I run into is the man himself, Daniel Anderson in the background just watching.

Now I have done quite a bit of coaching over many years and have a great deal of admiration for DA dating back to his time with our lower grades. I rate him very highly and was rapt when he got the job.

All through our run to the finals I have hoped for an opportunity to have a chat with him and when the opportunity arose, I shook his hand, offered some euphoric jibberish and moved on.

Blew it!!! :oops:

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
I drove my car up a gutter i was so keen to get to the Leagues Club! :lol:

JessEel

All through our run to the finals I have hoped for an opportunity to have a chat with him and when the opportunity arose, I shook his hand, offered some euphoric jibberish and moved on.

Bless!! :lol:

We were lucky enough to find Tim Mannah and his family at ANZ after the game, and knowing Tim a little bit we said hello and told him how proud we were.

Rowdy came over to see him and he looked up and asked her something - can't remember but it was something simple like "how are you?" or "what's happening?"
God Bless my bestie Rowdy - she just looked at big Timmy and whispered... "i don't know what to say.."

We all laughed and got hugs anyway. and his family took photos of us. Officially in the Mannah family photo album! :cool:

Seccie

Juniors
Had never seen such a outpouring of love for a team which started with the awesome (I took some videos of them) mosh pit like "ole ole ole" chants at ANZ

yep, i started that 'ole ole ole oleeee parraaaaa parraaaa' because ppl were starting to repeat the same chants.

awesome awesome night. the scum are out. the eels are in the grand final. incredible.

dazeely

First Grade
Bless!! :lol:

We were lucky enough to find Tim Mannah and his family at ANZ after the game, and knowing Tim a little bit we said hello and told him how proud we were.

Rowdy came over to see him and he looked up and asked her something - can't remember but it was something simple like "how are you?" or "what's happening?"
God Bless my bestie Rowdy - she just looked at big Timmy and whispered... "i don't know what to say.."

We all laughed and got hugs anyway. and his family took photos of us. Officially in the Mannah family photo album! :cool:

great stuff Jess.

was John there with the family? Are you aware if its good news for him and his recovery.

JessEel

Yea said Hi to John - he said he was ok - It was very much Tim's moment, i wanted to ask move but he kindof waved me away and just said "im ok, im ok"
Plus Tim had a fair hold on my bag and i still had a few Mannah's to be introduced to! :lol:

yy_cheng

Coach
Yea said Hi to John - he said he was ok - It was very much Tim's moment, i wanted to ask move but he kindof waved me away and just said "im ok, im ok"
Plus Tim had a fair hold on my bag and i still had a few Mannah's to be introduced to! :lol:

So you and Rowds can be sister in laws.

Jessica Mannah
Rowdy Mannah

natheel

Coach
i didnt go out i watched the replay as i had a gig with the band so missed the live game, but my brother who is also a huge parra supporter was at the pendle hill inn on the turps and he rang me semi sober at 11.30 talking my ear off but mind u i was talking his ear off about kingston haha

then again an hour later when i was asleep he called and had totally forgot he had called me

then at 4 am he called again and again forgot he had called me so i had the same convo times in one night with the same person, though i wasnt complaining i love talking anything parra eels

JessEel

hahahaha - we do that with WittyzChick after a few beers sometimes too...