What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone have any spare tickets to offload?

dragonfan12

Juniors
sadly missed out on the final tickets

If anyone wants to sell spare ticket/s on face value ill be very interested

sorry to spam....but desperate times call for desperate measures for my passion for the dragons

have not gone to a dragons grand final in this lifetime if that makes any difference. Watched the 90s losses thru the TV and maybe my presence will make a difference to the outcome of the game hahah

please i dont mean to offend anyone here...so please keep criticism to yourself

Thanks

GO DRAGONS!!!

dragonfan12

Juniors
hi

Sadly no...all my friends didnt want to get a membership. They are usually busy with work and uni but we do manage 3-4 games a year

im not the kind to just go to games alone as its not that fun, so didnt get a membership

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Going to the games alone can be heaps of fun if you stand with the Army, mate -- I often go to games alone, but you make friends with people in the Army pretty easily if you want to!

dragonfan12

Juniors
Yeah i totally deserve that...haha

i have to admit though i find the dragon army a bit dauntin with their big signs and big men lol...i mean im a very devoted fan (i think)

i travel to the local pub alone just to watch a game if its on foxsports

and try to scope as much footage as i can on the web on the dragons

i guess the next step is makin friends with the dragon army... :p

dragonfan12

Juniors
while im here does anyone have any tickets to sell?

I did get a reply via pm but sadly my post count isnt high enough to reply back.

Can ppl with legit offers please pm me contact details so i can contact them back?

dragonfan12

Juniors
Cheers mate, but those prices are really over inflated. I tried there first yeah.

I planned earlier on Monday nite that i would get on the ticketek website right at 9am (which was advertised as the time it would be available for the public) on the dot but no go. I wished ticketek would have let the public it was sold out the nite before

I did read that some guy managed to get tickets at 8am...which i dont how...as it was only advertised for sale at 9am

But yes only have myself to blame

blacklock

Juniors
Cheers mate, but those prices are really over inflated. I tried there first yeah.

I planned earlier on Monday nite that i would get on the ticketek website right at 9am (which was advertised as the time it would be available for the public) on the dot but no go. I wished ticketek would have let the public it was sold out the nite before

I did read that some guy managed to get tickets at 8am...which i dont how...as it was only advertised for sale at 9am

But yes only have myself to blame

you wont get any tickets at face value with the match sold out ;) low supply + high demand = high prices!

_Johnsy

Referee
The prices are not over inflated. A simple economics lesson dragonfan12.

When a commodity is originally for sale it has a certain value, and is in limited demand it's price will be the same because the demand has not increased.

However as soon as the commodity (limited number) is sold out, no longer available at the original market value, they/it become more valuable. The demand increases.

If demand has increased you will have to pay more for it, as it's value (derived from demand) has increased.

So at this point, as you are either a bandwagon fan, or not enough of a fan to become a member and think ahead and purchase GF tickets to ensure you purchase at the best price available.

Otherwise pay the true market value.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Hang in there dragonfan12. There's a chance some tickets will be getting offloaded today.

People are not allowed to sell them for profit on the forums so you should get any available for cost price.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Just that there might be a couple from someone - will know more later.

dragonfan12

Juniors
cheers guys will see how it goes

Now johnsy I completely understand what you mean, it is pure economics, if people choose to sell their tickets above market price, I hold no dislike to these people at all. That is to their choosing.

If anything Im probably targeting the small number of fans who want other fans who arent prepared to pay more to have a good time and for good will

Like for example I remember a year where I couldnt attend Big Day Out, and knowing that I could have made profit didnt even enter my mind, because I know some poor bloke somewhere who would love to go just as bad, as the next person but couldnt afford it. It may be true I would never know if that guy, was poor or not....but I felt I as a music lover did my bit for some fan to enjoy and have a great experience to watch their favourite band, on the main stage.

I will however defend the case, that I am a true dragons fan not a bandwagon fan. I may not support the team financially through memberships but I do spend maybe a bit too much time thinking about them. It is true I have been a fan since ive moved in the area since the 90s

I still keep old newspaper clippings of dragons games....first one that pops in my mind is the riddell penalty goal with 14seconds remaining to beat the broncos by a point. If you were a true dragons fan, you would have loved that game. You would remember it. You would also not forget when a famous player like Ricky Walford comes on stage for school assembly and you stare at him in awe.

Ok enuff ranting by me....in the end im just as happy to watch the game on tv...that is fine and I would still have a great time. However I dont know when the dragons will make the grand final next, so Im just putting abit of hope and effort out there.

If it doesnt come back, its not the end of the world.

Again i really hope im not causing anyone any stress with my posts. If anything it should substantiate that there are some diehard fans out there, even if they dont have the money to prove it

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Even if you don't end up with tickets, as Doug says, register for the Live Site at Kogarah Jubilee ... you can get in early and you will be guaranteed a spot for the post-match celebrations (win or lose), and it will be an amazing night.

_Johnsy

Referee
Dragonfan12

fair enough, just so you know i offloaded my spare ticket earlier in the week at cost. A day or two earlier and you would have been able to snap it up.

Best of luck getting a ticket.

dragonfan12

Juniors
Cheers for the hope...yeah as the day draws closer, the lesser the chance and hope ill be able to get tickets

thats ok though.....in the end i still only have myself to blame..

will definitely get down to kogarah oval on sunday though

thanks again