What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone interested...?

Anonymous

Juniors
Triple M has their annual rock showdown thing happening at the moment... so how about we have the first (possibly last) The Music Forum rock showdow?

How would it work? We get 64 artists, work out a draw and have them go toe to toe until a winner emerges. Stickify a few polls at the top of the forum. Say there were four bouts a week, we'd get it all out of the way in 16 weeks.. just about in time for the Grand Final.

Anyone keen? I'd be happy to do all the hard work. :p

We could decide once and for all who the king of rock and roll is.

ParraMatt

Bench
Yeh I think we should also have a Punk one. Ill be able to do this one. I think we have enough punk lovers on here. Then at the end, Punk could go up against Rock, And whoever makes up a rap one goes up against them aswell to find our winner.

Forum Idiot

Bench
im so sick of MMM. why would they have their shitty rock countdown crap so many times? if youve had it once why do you need to do it agin? go away triple m! you mindless bunch of repetitive merkins!

Matt23

Staff member
I'm not sure this will work, it is a good idea in theory though, and the sticky's will bring about complaints :?

choc_soldier

Coach
I had a look at their "list" last night.

No Queen. [-(

Therefore it is crap. I thought they were played on there... ah well, I listen to NOVA mostly anyway these days.

choc_soldier

Coach
But it's a great idea El Garbo.

But it's a matter of getting it down to 64... everyone will have their own opinions.

Maybe we should start off a thread asking everyone to state their top 5 bands, keep it open for a month or so, and then work off that...

Anonymous

Juniors
Like I said, I'm happy to do the hard work, as long as it gets the interest.

Nominations are a good way to go I think, with a points system. The 64 highest scorers are in. I don't reckon stickies would be a problem - the Sharks forum has a massive load of stickies and it doesn't keep the punters away.

Godz Illa

Coach
El Garbo said:
I don't reckon stickies would be a problem - the Sharks forum has a massive load of stickies and it doesn't keep the punters away.
Yeah but we're talking about people here, not Sharks supporters. lol

ParraMatt

Bench
I hope NFG are in the 64, I know its rare but they are at number 3 on the charts in America now, Have had 7 Singles released all hitting charts. I'd love them to be a qualifier to make the 64, Maybe even have qaulifiers to all those bands that are on the border line to make it in.

Latest posts