What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone notice the attempted trip?

Simo

First Grade
I cant see if there is a thread on this so apologies if there is but in the dogs v eels game did anyone else notice the canterbury player attempt to trip the parra player who had the ball?

I cant recall of the top of my head the exact moment but parra either scored or came close as there was a replay of the play which showed the trip (attempt) but no mention of it by the commentators.

The group of people I was with all saw it but havent heard anything since.

I dont know the dogs player (wasnt a regular tv head like mason or anyone, was white not an islander).

Id love to see it again to have a better look to make sure it was a trip but from what I saw on the night it looked like it to me.

Does youtube still remove NRL videos? Im sure if there is a package of the tries and close tries it would come up.

Simo

First Grade
Willie Mason or Tonga? If so, how goods my memory! Not a well known face and not an islander!

_Johnsy

Referee
yeah it was mason, you know what they say out Mythbury way if you cant win, just cheat.

St. Brett

Juniors
I thought I saw Jonathon Thurston try to trip a Worriors player yesterday too before they scored on the wing.
I dunno.
He raised a leg in the air.

_Johnsy

Referee
noticed something as well, however i thought he tried to kick the ball out of a players hold when attempting to score a try.

Bman26

Juniors
St. Brett said:
I thought I saw Jonathon Thurston try to trip a Worriors player yesterday too before they scored on the wing.
I dunno.

i thought he tried to kick the ball out of his hands.

innsaneink

Referee
St. Brett said:
I dunno.

Yep...me too.

They showed a replay of the incident from head on.

Skram

Juniors
Bman26 said:
i thought he tried to kick the ball out of his hands.

Me too, it wasn't a bad effort too but had it connected with the players head it would have been bad news.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol:

The boot is well and truly laid in.

Funniest part is, the person taking most interest is a Dragons fan.

_Johnsy

Referee
one comment about the mason attempted trip, the other about an incident in the other semi. Jeesus you are lame Rimmah, someone must have hacked my account and posted that. :lol: :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No, you've been active in a number of threads crying out about the Bulldogs. :lol: Pathetic.

_Johnsy

Referee
Timmah said:
:lol:

The boot is well and truly laid in.

Funniest part is, the person taking most interest is a Dragons fan.

You coment on this thread, shown to be wrong again!!!!!!!!!!!!

_Johnsy

Referee
I will dumb it down for you, you commented on this thread about my involvement being the main source of input re: giving it to the dogs. I showed my input that related to your accusations, and you were wrong.

I remember someone kicking up a stink, on numerous occassions when a forum was trying to be hijacked, Rimmah the tryhard forum cop.

Hypocrite.

dragonfire

Bench
St. Brett said:
I dunno.

looked more like he kicked out with his leg rather than just a plain trip. I think it is going into dangerous territory when players try to kick a ball out of a players grasp personally, almost as bad as the fullbacks who lead with their knees/thighs into guys trying to stop tries.

Simo

First Grade
Skram said:
Me too, it wasn't a bad effort too but had it connected with the players head it would have been bad news.

I thought they banned players from trying to kick the ball out of players hands.

Remember that Matthew Ridge try save years ago and it got a heap of publicity. Im sure I remember it being canned after that.