What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels in the media

Gronk

Staff member
Yeah multiple player options where your best players can almost walk out whenever they like is what the smart clubs do.
So you don't understand them either.

Riddle me this Batman, if Moses just signed a contract to end 2026 with no options attached, how would that be better for the Eels ?

1724109116206.png

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I understand Gronk doesn’t care how stupid he looks just so he can Simp for club which is about to win yet another spoon.

We are doing it correct it’s everyone else doing it wrong.

Gronk

Staff member
I understand Gronk doesn’t care how stupid he looks just so he can Simp for club which is about to win yet another spoon.

We are doing it correct it’s everyone else doing it wrong.
Just say you don't understand and we can be done with this.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
All he said was that a team struggling for form, significant injuries, an out of whack roster and coming second last did not have pride in their jumpers. Whereas the teams he compared them with, who have glam rosters and nearly all their players available, do.

And then he made a disjointed rant about options, which he clearly doesn't understand.

I understand why you like the tone of the article, but really it was a superficial drunk-Uncle-Frank-sitting-alone-at-the-bar rant.
Gallen thinks they are ‘get out clauses’

King-Gutho94

Coach
Now he uses Gallen to back up his claims lol, a bloke who he has sledged on here for years. What a whombel.
If its to win an argument then yeah.

I recall in 2022 when some were falling over themselves with Gallen's opinion defending BA over picking Jake and happy to get it out on the forum that it was the right call.

And nepotism never existed because Gallen said it didn't.

All of sudden Gallen has NFI idea again.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
If its to win an argument then yeah.

I recall in 2022 when some were falling over themselves with Gallen's opinion defending BA over picking Jake and happy to get it out on the forum that it was the right call.

And nepotism never existed because Gallen said it didn't.

All of sudden Gallen has NFI idea again.
I love how Gallen had NFI when he supported the coach but now he can’t understand player options he’s a genius

King-Gutho94

Coach
I love how Gallen had NFI when he supported the coach but now he can’t understand player options he’s a genius
Gallen is a drug cheat and a grub.

He isn't the first person to call out the club for this so i don't think anyone on here is calling him a genius.

He is always happy to kick the club while were down.

We have more PO's in our squad atm then actual wins for the season let that sink in.

7 - PO's
5 - Wins

EelEtric

Juniors
If it is possible to answer seriously without going directly into "sledge the club and MON" mode, why do you think a club would offer a PO to someone like Moses or Brown? And why would Melbourne offer one to Welch and Grant?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Gallen is a drug cheat and a grub.

He isn't the first person to call out the club for this so i don't think anyone on here is calling him a genius.

He is always happy to kick the club while were down.

We have more PO's in our squad atm then actual wins for the season let that sink in.

7 - PO's
5 - Wins
We have the most this year with 7, the Storm have two. Its not even an Apples to Apples comparison which we all know Pou and Gronk love to spin their BS.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The only reason all these opinions are appearing from Gallen, Hooper and co, is eels sells media....while other clubs like broncos and raiders get a free ride....gee look at the raiders, they have done nothing for the last 4 years...gone 10th, 8th, 8th and coming 12th now and will miss the finals this year......horrible...

keeping on saying, while yeah we need to fix a few things, we aren't traveling anywhere as bad as what the media is reporting......our form has been half decent considering who we have had out...

and there are reasons some of most the promising rookie coaches wanted the eels gig....the roster is ok, we have some promising juniors coming through, and cap is in ok shape (as opposed to what the media is reporting).

we have Moses, Hopgood, lomax, Paulo, matterson, longi, Simonson and guymer to be added to side that played against the Roosters...I am certain those 8 players would have made a massive difference....along with Ryles and co...

TheRam

Coach
Well yes it does, which is the whole point of it. The option is a benefit to the player. What the club gets out of it is during negotiations. Just like how your insurance premium is worth a dollar value to the insurance company, a PO has a dollar value to the club. This is taken into account during the negotiation process. If a club is offering or agreeing to a PO it is understood that the player pays for it.

They could've all gotten massive overs too for all we know, but the sensible assumption is that nothing is free. Most players don't have a PO, either because they and the club can't agree on what it was worth, or just because players know that if they want a PO they can't expect as much money. Like how so many people don't bother paying for insurance. They think the money is better off staying in their pocket.

On the other hand, a club option is worth money to the club, and a player agreeing to it will expect the club to pay extra for it. Because clubs have to worry about the salary cap (and players don't), club options are rare. The extra cost of the CO inflates the player's contract under the cap while a PO effectively reduces it.

Listen, wake the F up.

Do you think that we signed Brown for unders because we gave him perpetual PO's? From all reports he is on a very decent wicket.

Sure a desperate club may have offered him a hundred grand more or so, but do you really think that he would have speared off and gone to say the Tigers? Quality clubs would not have paid him more than what we have I can assure you. Which would be upwards of $800K.

He was given multiple PO's because we have weak and ineffective people in charge of R&R that have no idea how to set the club up for long term success. Period!

The proof is in the pudding and that's why we are in the predicament we are in right now and the laughing stock of the league and have been for a very long time even when we are a team that has a capable roster too. No one including opposition players feel or think we can go on with it and win the title for varying reasons and it all starts at the top.

JokerEel

Coach
The only reason all these opinions are appearing from Gallen, Hooper and co, is eels sells media....while other clubs like broncos and raiders get a free ride....gee look at the raiders, they have done nothing for the last 4 years...gone 10th, 8th, 8th and coming 12th now and will miss the finals this year......horrible...

keeping on saying, while yeah we need to fix a few things, we aren't traveling anywhere as bad as what the media is reporting......our form has been half decent considering who we have had out...

and there are reasons some of most the promising rookie coaches wanted the eels gig....the roster is ok, we have some promising juniors coming through, and cap is in ok shape (as opposed to what the media is reporting).

we have Moses, Hopgood, lomax, Paulo, matterson, longi, Simonson and guymer to be added to side that played against the Roosters...I am certain those 8 players would have made a massive difference....along with Ryles and co...

You missed Doueihi ffs

Latest posts