What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

anyone really excited about origin

Johns Magic

Referee
InLuVaNdLuVinIt said:
So is that why the kiwi's won the tri-series then isnt it?

The best players didn't play in the Tri-Series. Lockyer and Johns were both out. Not to mention Bailey, Tahu, Hindmarsh, etc.

The Kiwis faced the real Kangaroos side last Friday.

Who really cares about origin anymore, dont you get bored watching the same players run around year after year? Given they dont really reward form anymore when selecting teams

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
The best players didn't play in the Tri-Series. Lockyer and Johns were both out. Not to mention Bailey, Tahu, Hindmarsh, etc.

The Kiwis faced the real Kangaroos side last Friday.

So by your standerds, the so called 'real Kangaroos' didnt play the 'real Kiwis' then when you consider Jones, Wiki, Vatuvei, Hape and Vainikolo weren't at the ANZAC test.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
i prefer the tests, becoz other teams dont have the political propoganda as the aussie test teams, NSW and QLD teams, to have Karmicheal Hunt in the team, is enough sed and these kinda decison occur all the time in origin (Finch is Former NSW player FFS)

Knightmare

Coach
As always, I'm looking forward to Origin, cheering on NSW and hoping the Blues can win it again. Anyone who thinks the Blues are too dominant these days should think back to the 80's, when Queensland won all but 2 series in 7 years.

Mr Saab

Referee
Razor said:
Sonny Bill, Marshall, Cayless, etc.

Test football has by far the better players on the field.

etc? yeah continue. Keep naming players from the kiwis that would make origin.
Cayless wouldnt. Benji and SBW would.

t-ba

Post Whore
Razor said:
I'd rather watch test football. Make SOO just 1 game a year and introduce a 3-test series against NZ mid-season.

The day that comes to be seriously considered will be a great day for RL.

Saab: You honestly think J. Cayless' form over the last few years wouldn't have warranted an Origin call up?

I'm not really that keen on either to be honest. But unlike Origin, International RL has a genuinely exciting and potentially massive future, and it's that 'vision' (to use a Ribotism) that I hold onto when I support the international game.

Johns Magic

Referee
InLuVaNdLuVinIt said:
So by your standerds, the so called 'real Kangaroos' didnt play the 'real Kiwis' then when you consider Jones, Wiki, Vatuvei, Hape and Vainikolo weren't at the ANZAC test.

In the 2005 Origin series, only about 5 players who played wouldn't have been chosen for NZ last week if they were Kiwis.

Minichiello, King, Gasnier, Cooper, Tahu, Rooney, Barrett, Kimmorley, Johns, Anasta, Kennedy, Fitzgibbon, Hindmarsh, Bailey, Buderus, Ryles, Wing, Simpson, Watmough, Ryan, Slater, Ty Williams, Berrigan, Bowen, Bowman, Sing, Lockyer, Thurston, Flannery, Crocker, Price, Cam Smith, Civoniceva, Ross, Carl Webb, Menzies, Harrisson and Gower would all have walked into that side.

In fact only Thorn, Parker, McGuire, Carroll and Nutley mightn't have made it, and I'm betting a couple of them would've been picked anyway.

Brent Webb, Webster, Toopi, Tupou, Vagana, Faiumu, Kidwell, Anderson, Leuleuai, Fa'alogo, Nathan Cayless and Pritchard would have all been pushing sh*t uphill to get near an Origin selection if they were Aussies.

Only Whatuira, Marshall, Jason Cayless, Wiki and Roy Asotasi would get an Origin jumper from that outfit, and with the quality of Aussie centres around, Whatuira wouldn't be a shoe-in in any case.

Mr Saab

Referee
t-ba said:
Saab: You honestly think J. Cayless' form over the last few years wouldn't have warranted an Origin call up?

Jason yes, he is a very good prop, Nathan.......no

Ferocious Dogs

Juniors
Origing time is awesome. This year QLD may have a slim chance. This is the time of year when enemy supporters from all clubs unite angainst the toad scum. Bring it on.

Latest posts