What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone struggling to get Cat1 tix for tomorrow night?

Knight87

Juniors
Rd 1 2002 Souths vs Roosters at SFS got 35,316. The only reason why that game got the crowd it did was because it was Souths first game back after being booted out at the end of 1999. After their poor run of form continued in the next few years, their home crowds slowly started to diminish, until last year.

Karmawave

Bench
Reports I have heard are conflicting, and that the crowd tonight is going to disappoint. Similar to the massive build up the Roosters v Souths got in Round 1 - the crowd was sh*thouse compared to the publicity surrounding it. I hope there's a massive crowd, but don't hold your breath on 40K.

I mean, everyone gloats about the game never being in a better position - bullsh*t.

2 out of he first 3 weeks, Better Homes & Gardens outrated Friday night Footy in NSW, and in general, even if crowd numbers are being seen as being " up ", there's a hell of a lot of bullsh*t being spun by the "official " attendance readouts.

The game has never had so much publicity, unprecedented publicity, and if all that extra publicity means gaining a mere 1 or 2 thousand more on average over a competition with 16 teams - then thats pretty ordinary anyway.

Reports I have heard are conflicting, and that the crowd tonight is going to disappoint. Similar to the massive build up the Roosters v Souths got in Round 1 - the crowd was sh*thouse compared to the publicity surrounding it. I hope there's a massive crowd, but don't hold your breath on 40K.

I mean, everyone gloats about the game never being in a better position - bullsh*t.

2 out of he first 3 weeks, Better Homes & Gardens outrated Friday night Footy in NSW, and in general, even if crowd numbers are being seen as being " up ", there's a hell of a lot of bullsh*t being spun by the "official " attendance readouts.

The game has never had so much publicity, unprecedented publicity, and if all that extra publicity means gaining a mere 1 or 2 thousand more on average over a competition with 16 teams - then thats pretty ordinary anyway.

How about you post a link to prove the bolded comment?

Karmawave

Bench
How about you post a link to prove the bolded comment?

Mate not everything is easily linked from an online webpage.

Do yourself a favour and go buy Fridays Daily Telegraph, pull out the MAIN GAME liftout, and read the TV section on the right hand side of the backpage.

Sitting here trying to find links to every factoid going around is ridiculous.

better still EA, the link that proved NYC out rated the whole Super 14 round on Fox. True.

lol

That too.

Everyone's an expert aren't they, I'm reasonably sure that this bloke's comment is based purely on OZTAM figures.

Last time I looked, Sydney isn't NSW.

And even if it did, why would anyone make that comparsion?

Mate not everything is easily linked from an online webpage.

Do yourself a favour and go buy Fridays Daily Telegraph, pull out the MAIN GAME liftout, and read the TV section on the right hand side of the backpage.

Sitting here trying to find links to every factoid going around is ridiculous.

No, I've seen the ratings, I know what you've said is either misinformed or just bollocks. If you want to make ill-informed comments based on unreliable sources, don't cry when you get pulled up on them.

And please, the Telegraph isn't a reliable source of what day it is, let alone TV ratings.

Karmawave

Bench
http://www.oztam.com.au/documents/2008/E_20080323.pdf

There's Sydney showing 433,000 viewers for Better Homes and bloody Gardens.

Which was more than 100,000 viewers than Friday Night Football last week.

Here is someone else verifying this - shock horror.

http://blogs.news.com.au/dailyteleg...comments/josh_massoud_1pm_friday_nrl_preview/ ( scroll down to his 7th response.

Now, the question is, where are your statistics and links that DISPROVE this. Where are your sources that show the listed ones above to be unreliable or bollocks? Where is YOUR link to show Friday Night Football outrated Better Homes and Gardens in NSW?

OZTAM only covers Sydney. FFS, I actually already told you that in an earlier post.

See, you're ill-informed (believe what the Tele says at your peril) or you're just plain wrong.

This link shows you, and show you the links, to the REGIONAL figures for NSW.

You know, the areas that aren't Sydney, the areas not covered by OZTAM.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=104804&page=220

Hell, I don't even see BH&G on two of them....

Karmawave

Bench
Sydney is the most populated area of NSW is it not? Are we not competing on a National stage as well? This is called the National Rugby League. Its all well and good that Wagga or Bathurst or wherever else that isn't Sydney is watching the footy, but when its a handful of people compared to a metropolitan area, it shouldn't be trivialized to merely defend it should it?

Are you suggesting that by winning the regional areas of NSW, that overall, Friday Night Footy outrated BH&G overall? ( based on the smaller numbers of regional viewers when compared to the massive numbers in Sydney that play a major part in NSW ratings ) - of course not. The NRL is played in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, and you'd think the " National Rugby League " would rate on a national scale. Unfortunately it doesn't. It can't even win in the capital of RL - Sydney.

As for the Foxtel ratings, I don't know which member here made that comment, and its up to them to verify what they have written.

Are you not concerned that in Sydney ( a population of 4Million people ) on a Friday Night, a key rugby league area, is being outrated by BH&G?

juneauquan

Juniors
Sydney is the most populated area of NSW is it not? Are we not competing on a National stage as well? This is called the National Rugby League. Its all well and good that Wagga or Bathurst or wherever else that isn't Sydney is watching the footy, but when its a handful of people compared to a metropolitan area, it shouldn't be trivialized to merely defend it should it?

Are you suggesting that by winning the regional areas of NSW, that overall, Friday Night Footy outrated BH&G based on the smaller numbers of regional viewers when compared to the massive numbers in Sydney that play a major part in NSW ratings?

As for the Foxtel ratings, I don't know which member here made that comment, and its up to them to verify what they have written.

Are you not concerned that in Sydney ( a population of 4Million people ) on a Friday Night, a key rugby league area, is being outrated by BH&G?

I am only concerned with Sydney FTA numbers ... the rest of QLD and NSW FTA AND Pay TV numbers I am thrilled with.

Especially Pay TV numbers. If memory serves me correct, Rugby League destroyed all other programs (including AFL and Super 14). And when I say destroyed, I mean OBLITERATED!!

juneauquan

Juniors

Are you suggesting that by winning the regional areas of NSW, that overall, Friday Night Footy outrated BH&G overall? ( based on the smaller numbers of regional viewers when compared to the massive numbers in Sydney that play a major part in NSW ratings ) - of course not. The NRL is played in Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane, and you'd think the " National Rugby League " would rate on a national scale. Unfortunately it doesn't. It can't even win in the capital of RL - Sydney.

By the way, which week did BH & G beat RL? Was it last week? A week featuring Broncos and Roosters (2 teams in a matchup I wouldn't think garner big ratings)

Karmawave

Bench
Trivialising the poor Sydney numbers is all well and good.

However the fact remains, it is the largest city, a rugby league heartland.

Not to mention Sydney is the home of more NRL teams than any other area.

The apathy that is apparent towards the game in the city is of massive concern.

Latest posts