What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone struggling to get Cat1 tix for tomorrow night?

at least 30,000, hopefully closer to 40,000
when bought tix tonight hardly any left.

Cat 1 in level 4 on the try line which means not many left at all.

most behind the posts gone too.

only in the corners.

if they crack 40,000 it will be awesome

eels_fan_01

Bench
If a Dogs game is going to get around 20 thousand, the pax is like 10 thousand or so before the night/day of the game.

ozzy_ozman

Juniors
dallymessenger said:
at least 30,000, hopefully closer to 40,000
when bought tix tonight hardly any left.

Cat 1 in level 4 on the try line which means not many left at all.

most behind the posts gone too.

only in the corners.

if they crack 40,000 it will be awesome

mattyg was telling me that 41, 600 tickets have been sold so far which i hardly doubt it

i bought my ticket to the souths/easts game a week and a bit before the game and my pax is 17491 so i doubt 17,000 tickets were sold 2 weeks in advance when the turnout was about 20,000 ... so i doubt the pax has much bearing

eels_fan_01

Bench
I reckon 10 thousand Dogs fans will show up tomorrow night to get a ticket, just the way they are...nothing bad about it aslong as they are at the game.

ozzy_ozman said:
mattyg was telling me that 41, 600 tickets have been sold so far which i hardly doubt it

wouldnt surprise me if its that high.

ticktek wouldnt be holding any back now this close to the game.

the bottom sections are very full and lots of section 4 have gone so thats around 40,000.

i wouldve gussed 35,000 myself atm

eels_fan_01

Bench
Dont get your hopes up.

Im hoping for 30 so anything other than that would be brillant.

If the crowd comes up and its like 23 thousand f**k that would be lame!

mattyg

Bench
i'd be mighty pissed off if its 23 thousand!!

can't wait...im leaving straight from uni so ill get to the game in time for Toyota Cup. I'll probably be there before gates open. I'll get to see the crowd pour in :) I stand by my 36,000 prediction but it would be awesome if we could get more

JK

Not many people missing this game. I know people from Canberra, Brisbane and Melbourne coming for this one. :)

Danish

Referee
I genuinely hope this becomes the first sydney game in recent memory to live up to both its crowd estimates and grudge match expectations....

All too often we are let down because of overhyping from the media aoubt 40,000 people and a physical affair. I hope its not a 25,000 blow out.

Simo

First Grade
i bought my ticket to the souths/easts game a week and a bit before the game and my pax is 17491 so i doubt 17,000 tickets were sold 2 weeks in advance when the turnout was about 20,000 ... so i doubt the pax has much bearing

Was that the game where there were people sitting in the very top tier (which they dont normally open) when there were still plenty of seats down the bottom?

PAX has normally been pretty right at Origin time, maybe they are related to tickets in certain bays and opening some bays distorts the figure?

Simo

First Grade
Not that i'm really expecting it but whens the last time we got 40,000 to a non final game in Sydney?

Hmm good question, probably back in the days of the match of the round at the SCG.

I cant recall one of the top of my head (not including double headers obviously)

JW

Coach
Never, I think you'll find.

Not including the double headers at ANZ, of course.

Knight87

Juniors
Roosters vs. Manly at SCG, May 1974. Got 50,130. That's the last match to have obtained more than 40,000 in Sydney, for a regular season match.

Knight87

Juniors
Highest attendance for a Sydney match during the regular season (in the modern era), excluding matches at the S.C.G, was 37,981 between Roosters and Manly at the Sydney Football Stadium (July 1996)

Simo

First Grade
Highest attendance for a Sydney match during the regular season (in the modern era), excluding matches at the S.C.G, was 37,981 between Roosters and Manly at the Sydney Football Stadium (July 1996)

Monday night football to if i recall??