What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone think the canetoads will romp it in?

Mr Saab

Referee
Seeing as NSW have only scored over 20 points ONCE since the start of the Andrew Johns less years (2006-2009) then NSW have their work cut out for them. That plus 20 points was in a dead rubber last yr after QLD got on the piss for 7 days....oh sorry was that an excuse or a reason (ask Tim Sheens)

grandorient

Bench
NSW to get up in the first, especially if Barrett gets in to 5/8.

Won't be much in it though, but a few is as good as a 30 point margin.

Queensland the second and NSW the third.

You heard it hear first.

GO

timmybrown

Juniors
I totally agree with OP.

I would love to see blues get up, becuause I'm a cockroach.. but we have a mediocre team at best. Queensland's lineup is far superior.

We have a pretty mixed team, are we are going to cross our fingers and hope they can work seamlessly with each other? It seems to be that way. It's a long shot...

Honestly I can't say there is a team we could put together with our options that could take on the superior QLD team, it's not that we have limited options, it's just QLD have the talent and experience all in one.

Then we have our selectors selecting Jamie Lyon in that position while he admits he is better as a center, nice one selectors, I can see why you are all chosen to be the selectors....:sarcasm::sarcasm::sarcasm: bloody idiots.

At least we can test our Idris and see how he comes out with guns blazing, hopefully he will be switched on, and if so, could display a little bit of what's to come for NSW in the coming years..

For now, I cross my fingers, hope we don't get absolutely SMASHED, and hope that I had it all wrong with my opinion!!!

timmybrown

Juniors
lol, NSW up in the first.

More like NSW up in the first half, and lose it in the 2nd half.
Then QLD 2nd game. QLD 3rd game.

You heard it here first.

Tank30

Juniors
Any NSW with Gidley at FB and Lyon at 5/8 is no chance. Gidley is a bench utility at best and Lyon is arguably the form centre in the NRL. Fb should be Hayne or even Dugan, Tahu to the wing (or dropped if Dugan plays FB) with Lyon in the centres and Barrett to 5/8. FFS pick players in the positions they play week in and week out (and pick the form players in each position), it should not be that hard..

Dazzat

First Grade
I've had a rethink about the score in the first game ... after I saw Andrew Johns strategising with Bellamy on the news.

Queensland by 16 in the first game. Falou and Slater with two tries each.

GGOA

Juniors
Halves play has always been the difference. Good point raised by Saaby that we are lacking with creativity compared to the masters in Thurston and Lockyer.
It will be a cracking game as always though. I just hope NSW win so i can sleep happy that night.

Knightmare

Coach
Remember that Mick uhhhhhhh Hagan is involved with the Maroons once more, so that evens things up a little bit.

stormbati

Bench
Queensland are going down!
Here's the gameplan,
Nsw around the ruck plays in the first 3 tackles,
4th and 5th they'll hit the wide runners in Creagh, Watmough and Waterhouse and leave Lockyer or Thurston in "no mans land"
that's right you heard it here first
and if that doesn't work, we'll just give it to Hayne.

Dazzat

First Grade
Queensland are going down!
Here's the gameplan,
Nsw around the ruck plays in the first 3 tackles,
4th and 5th they'll hit the wide runners in Creagh, Watmough and Waterhouse and leave Lockyer or Thurston in "no mans land"
that's right you heard it here first
and if that doesn't work, we'll just give it to Hayne.

Craig Bellamy ... is that you?

No wait ... its Daniel Anderson.

Latest posts