What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Api Korisau

SBD82

Coach
With McCollough another year older and no other proven hookers signed for 2023, i think Korisau should be a target for the club.

I wouldn’t break the bank for him, but he is someone that has a huge influence at Penrith, and I think his impact on their recent success has been largely underestimated.

Obviously he’ll be in high demand, but he’s the complete package. I think we’d be silly if we didn’t at least make inquiries.

thebigredv

First Grade
Hodgson or Mahoney would have been perfect fit for the dragons. Much like the results of games these days, I don't even mind that much if we win them over I just want to know we fought valiantly to get it done.

A vaccinated Korisau would be brilliant also. Anyone on here could not honestly say they wouldn't be thrilled with landing a hooker that can actually disrupt the other team's defence. It's not fantasy. It's a decent signing for the future to shore up an area of concern.

I hope there are more of these threads. I'm not in denial about abhorrent deficiencies in our team. We've done the waiting now we need results.

This Year?

Immortal
If we want Api's signature just have a team day and ask the players to bring their wives.
Surely one of them will be hot enough to grab his attention.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Im reasonably happy when I look at our roster going forward except for AM ....imo its a huge downside for us having him as hooker.....Ive never questioned the amount of tackling he gets through but he is so slow and predictable and offers very little in attack....the game has changed so much particularly in the last 2 years and we need more than just experience in that role.....sorry but for mine he just doesnt fit if we are to get a roll on...

be55

Juniors
Im reasonably happy when I look at our roster going forward except for AM ....imo its a huge downside for us having him as hooker.....Ive never questioned the amount of tackling he gets through but he is so slow and predictable and offers very little in attack....the game has changed so much particularly in the last 2 years and we need more than just experience in that role.....sorry but for mine he just doesnt fit if we are to get a roll on...
Spot on mate...and he's signed for 2023 as well...I posted when we signed him, that signing him to a three year deal, when he was 31 years old and coming off of a serious hamstring injury was one of the most mind boggling recruitment decisions I'd ever seen...He was universally recognised as one of the slower dummy-halves in the comp before the injury...Absolutely crazy 🤪

Mojo

Bench
Spot on mate...and he's signed for 2023 as well...I posted when we signed him, that signing him to a three year deal, when he was 31 years old and coming off of a serious hamstring injury was one of the most mind boggling recruitment decisions I'd ever seen...He was universally recognised as one of the slower dummy-halves in the comp before the injury...Absolutely crazy 🤪
Yes, hooker is our Achilles’ heel. Reading the tea leaves I suspect Hook and crew have something in reserve for this position. McC might yet prove to be the stop gap, after all - ie; forward-planned to enable a staged and steady transition in a ‘pivotal‘ position. If this proves to be the case I will be the first to applaud. If not, I fear it’s going to become a very stark weakness in an otherwise very sound squad next season.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Yes, hooker is our Achilles’ heel. Reading the tea leaves I suspect Hook and crew have something in reserve for this position. McC might yet prove to be the stop gap, after all - ie; forward-planned to enable a staged and steady transition in a ‘pivotal‘ position. If this proves to be the case I will be the first to applaud. If not, I fear it’s going to become a very stark weakness in an otherwise very sound squad next season.
The clip I saw from training, Mbye was passing a lot from dummy half.

denis preston

First Grade
I would love to see a spine of…
1. Sloan
6. Amone
7. Sullivan
9. Hunt

However, after listening to Ramsey talk about the punishment his body took in the 1st year of week in, week out NRL, it may be unrealistic in 2022.
This. Sloan perhaps can swap with Ramsey in some games but Amone & Sullivan may need some stints in Ressies . I'm sure Hook & the conditioning staff know what they are doing.

saints4ever

First Grade
Let's hope.
There's a difference between dicking guys around, swapping and changing shit

And then taking care of young guys so they can be ready for first grade not made into mince meat

Latest posts