What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arana Taumata

holman

Juniors
Just Read the Daily Telegraph and we are releasing Taumata Immediately to the Cowboys for the rest of the season 2010 and also 2011. I havent seen him play but have read some good reports in the forum about him, would have to be better than FITZHENRY.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Just Read the Daily Telegraph and we are releasing Taumata Immediately to the Cowboys for the rest of the season 2010 and also 2011. I havent seen him play but have read some good reports in the forum about him, would have to be better than FITZHENRY.

Ah yes, but who protects Fitzhenry? Sheens.

As a longer therm prospect you'd take Taumata over Fitzhenry any day at this stage of their careers but Taumata had no chance against Sheens. He just joins the ranks of those that fell foul of Sheens biase / prejudice in selections.

meltiger

First Grade
I'm no Supercoach defender, but hasn't he been injured? Pretty hard to break into the team when unfit lol

In Fitzsh*tneys defence, he hasn't done a large amount wrong.

R2Coupe

Juniors
He was reported to be on when signed, $100,00 a year for two years. It is a sensible move for both the player and club.

innsaneink

Referee
I'm no Supercoach defender, but hasn't he been injured? Pretty hard to break into the team when unfit lol

In Fitzsh*tneys defence, he hasn't done a large amount wrong.
He was over his injuries some time ago....Fitzys also been injured.

weststigerman

Juniors
Fitzhenry is a winger, Taumata is a 5/8 or centre. Does it now make sense why he doesn't come in to replace fitzy?

Taumata has been extremely inconsistent in NSW cup. For every one good play there are about 5 shocking mistakes. We don't need another one of those, good luck to him.

Didgi

Overall opinion of this bloke's potential? I'm interest with how he would go at centre mainly.

westie

Bench
Fitzhenry is a winger, Taumata is a 5/8 or centre. Does it now make sense why he doesn't come in to replace fitzy?

Taumata has been extremely inconsistent in NSW cup. For every one good play there are about 5 shocking mistakes. We don't need another one of those, good luck to him.

Correct, we don't need another one. What we could do is replace a bloke who doesn't do anything good and still comes up with ludicrous mistakes of all varieties.

perverse

Referee
how many clubs has this bloke been to and still not nailed a first grade spot?

Dogs, Storm, Knights, Tigers... and now Cowboys?

N.C.

Juniors
Didn't he do some time up at Brisbane as well? Thought we were his fifth...

Spot

Juniors

Incorrect, Fitzy is a GOD. He can play anywhere

macnaz

Staff member
Just a reminder for anyone interested that Arana is picked in the Cowboys starting side tonight against the eels in the centres. will be good to see how he goes

Juniors
Just a reminder for anyone interested that Arana is picked in the Cowboys starting side tonight against the eels in the centres. will be good to see how he goes

For his sake i hope he goes well, for us "so called supporters" to keep our sanity, hope he has a shocker.

gronkathon

First Grade
His defensive lapses tonight should show the reason why he was not considered.

Also that the Cows are light on in halves and view him as a centre should also say something

elyod138

Bench
His defensive lapses tonight should show the reason why he was not considered.

Also that the Cows are light on in halves and view him as a centre should also say something

What defensive lapses?

He missed 1 tackle and made no poor reads, on the side of the field where we have been struggling all year.

He carved up in attack too.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
Even after just watching him play one game im even more convinced WT's need their heads read for letting this guy go. I couldnt give a flying f**k if he has some bad defencive reads, he has only played like 7 nrl games ffs. That stuff can be taught, but he has power ,speed and class which cannot be taught. He could have played anywhere in the backline including wing and fullback... Jeez if u want to have a back sitting on the bench you couldnt have manufactured a better player to fulfil that role. If we had at least given him a chance before releasing him it wouldnt have been so bad . Well done cowboys, just need to swap sides with Tonga the one out hog and your backline will create some tries.

super_coach

First Grade
Iam puzzled to why he was never given a realistic chance at the tigers especially with injuries to Moltzen and lui. With our attack at present looking very poor we could have done with his zip. Anyway we are not privy to what was going on behind the scenes and we all know its very easy to fall from Sheen's grace.

gronkathon

First Grade
You have to be in the crowd there is no doubt but Arana actually was, at least with the players.

Classic case is David Gower. Has done everything asked of him by Sheens and gotten 10 minutes in a mean nothing game. NSW Residents players player 2009, State Cup MVP 2009, 200+m and Man Of The Match NSW Residents 2010.

He was rewarded along with Farlow with being given the off season to train with the NRL squad. This lasted two weeks and they were told the could no longer afford them there. Yet guys like Davis, Pritchard and that useless prick Hyland get a full off season.

I am over Sheens.

FTR I don't think Taumata is the answer we were looking for but he should have been if front of many players in the pecking order for the 17 jersey as he offered actual impact