What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer last night

Archer last night was ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SHD

Juniors
1: Archer was sh*t and combined with the wet weather to make the game a total scrap fest. Fortunately for the sharks this resulted in two wet bar of soap style trys to flatter them and suffocated the Dragons backs. Still the better team won regardless, and margin hardly matters at this point.

2: It was quite a violent shove / palm to the face, and Vagana apologised to Barrett soon after it. He did this because it was excessive and he acted out of frusturation. Any idiot who says what Vagana did is the same as simply putting your hand on a markers shoulder as you play the ball is simply that.

Humphrey

Juniors
taxidriver said:
For mine Archer was the reason the Sharks were in the game last night.
QUOTE]

Seen it the exact opposite way mate and I dont support either side.

I thought his poor control of the ruck saw the Drags get away with a lot of niggle and a lot of dirt, not to mention holding down too long. Think a ref with better control would have seen Sts penalised a bit more and out of the game

Albinomonkey

Juniors
Big_Bad_Shark_Fan said:
BWNB sometimes i think we r the only 1s with some sense on here
like i said if u wanna penalise vagana for touching barret thered be another 30 penalties in every game. play the balls always touch the markers, its a habbit in nrl. there was nothing wrong with wat vagana. did a little push to the chest which he somehow fell to the ground off (cat).

which game were you watching? it was in the face.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
yes because im sure no-one was grappling like he was holding onto dear life , like barret was
Nonsense. Stop making stuff up. There was no 'grappling' or 'hanging on for dear life'. Barrett was standing there and got whacked in the face.

thommo4pm

Coach
People keep saying Barrett's try was a forward pass, but nobody mentions the fact that Vagana's try should not have been a try.

Gallen's last try was definately no try that has already been covered in posts in this thread.

Vagana scored after Paul Gallen had knocked the ball out of the hands of his team mate.
Gould said on the commentary that it was knocked out by Dean Young, it was bloody knocked out by Gallen who was in a accidental offside position.
Peachey then grubbered through and Vagana scored.

Sorry, play should have been stopped when gallen stripped the ball out.
Young's hand was nowhere near the ball.

Another woeful and terrible decision from the officials on Saturday night.

Surely

Post Whore
You win some you lose some, both sides received some rough calls, in the end i doubt it affected the outcome.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Surely said:
You win some you lose some, both sides received some rough calls, in the end i doubt it affected the outcome.
Yep... and well said.

wolverine

Juniors
Did anyone notice the high shot that someone did on Kimmorley after kicking...Kimmorley stayed down had fuggin blood running down his face and yet there was not penalty. As for Vagana he shouldn't have done it but Barrett was definitely in the wrong for slowing the play the ball down for a period of time. As for the Barrett try...it equals forward pass...a Sharks win(take out my bias) would've been fair...they looked the better side all night(except for a few flashes of Barrett brilliance)

Riddell

Juniors
wolverine said:
...a Sharks win(take out my bias) would've been fair...they looked the better side all night

I disagree but at least you said it in a sensible manner unlike many other sharks fans

Willow

Assistant Moderator
wolverine said:
Did anyone notice the high shot that someone did on Kimmorley after kicking...Kimmorley stayed down had fuggin blood running down his face and yet there was not penalty.
Yes it has been discussed. Was that the only high shot you noticed?
Blooding running down his face... absolutely... I can understand why this would shock the average football supporter. But you're letting the team down there. If you're to keep within the tone set by our resident reactionists, you should describe it as 'blood gushing out of every pore and orifice'... it just doesnt sound right otherwise.
wolverine said:
As for Vagana he shouldn't have done it but Barrett was definitely in the wrong for slowing the play the ball down for a period of time.
He was just standing there.
wolverine said:
As for the Barrett try...it equals forward pass...a Sharks win(take out my bias) would've been fair...they looked the better side all night(except for a few flashes of Barrett brilliance)
LMAO. OK, I'll take out your bias.