What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer last night

Archer last night was ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tiger_nick

Bench
Thats the second time in a number of weeks Saints have scored an important try off a blatant forward pass (Sims try against Parra, Barretts last night). If I were them I wouldnt be complaining about the refs.

BWNB

First Grade
tiger_nick said:
Thats the second time in a number of weeks Saints have scored an important try off a blatant forward pass (Sims try against Parra, Barretts last night). If I were them I wouldnt be complaining about the refs.
we would of won i cant see why those dragons fans are complaining they won the game

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Craigshark said:
No, they have selective memories.
Says you. :lol:
Craigshark said:
Willow, stop trying to blame Vagana, for your own teams Captains cat actions, of taking a dive.
You mean as opposed you blaming Barrett for Vagana intefering with the marker?
I've only been stating the facts. You're the one getting the dramatics of hearsay and player name calling.
You clearly don't have a proper grasp on the rules of the game.

BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
Did you guys see kimmorley get taken out in the first half when he kicked , hit high and late.
Yes I did. Did you see five minutes later when Hornby was taken high and late by Vagana after he kicked?

bubs

Juniors
Archer's 10 metres and slowing down the play the ball decisions were against BOTH SIDES all night. So, you could say consistency was shown by Archer.

Unarguable...
Cat Barrett's try. Scored off 1 of the most BLATENT FORWARD passes I have ever seen let off followed by a secondary forward pass not quite so bad. Put the Queens up 10 points and was no doubt the turning point in the game.

Nigel Vagana should have been penalised for his push on the cat Barrett. But still I can see where Archer was coming from. He knows what a disgrace Barrett is in *edit*, and saw it was all an act to get the penalty and let it fly. But still, rules are rules.
I am not saying the Sharks wuld have won if Cat's try had been disallowed, but it has added an element of doubt to the result. An element which we could have all done without.

BWNB

First Grade
Yes I did. Did you see five minutes later when Hornby was taken high and late by Vagana after he kicked?

im not sure if it was vagana or dykes but i did see a atempt at the ball and the kick wasnt good i didnt see it hit high but it is a possiability, didnt hear about it though.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
im not sure if it was vagana or dykes but i did see a atempt at the ball and the kick wasnt good i didnt see it hit high but it is a possiability, didnt hear about it though.
Come to think of it, I believe it was Dykes. They did switch positions for a while.
The commentary may have said Vagana and got it wrong.

In any case, it illustrates my point that referees miss things, often both ways.

BWNB

First Grade
Willow said:
Come to think of it, I believe it was Dykes. They did switch positions for a while.
The commentary may have said Vagana and got it wrong.

In any case, it illustrates my point that referees miss things, often both ways.

yea , mate i saw it all i saw was a good pruessure on the kick cause i was in the northen grandstand, ref had a shcoker some calls didnt go our way.
WHO cares it was the best game iv been to all year and really enjoyed it
im sure all of you would agree we where done proud.
Some said getting within 40 was as good as a win but last nite it was as good as a win...

Willow

Assistant Moderator
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
yea , mate i saw it all i saw was a good pruessure on the kick cause i was in the northen grandstand,
It was right across the nose actually. I have the pic now if you'd like to see it.;-)
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
WHO cares it was the best game iv been to all year and really enjoyed it
im sure all of you would agree we where done proud.
Some said getting within 40 was as good as a win but last nite it was as good as a win...
Well I don't care and I'm delighted. The Sharks really dug deep and made a game of it.
But I wouldnt go as far to say it was as a good as a win for you guys. That sort of joy won't see you winning too many games for real.

Iafeta

Referee
Craigshark said:
No, they have selective memories.
Willow, stop trying to blame Vagana, for your own teams Captains cat actions, of taking a dive.

Was Vagana's actions against the rules or not?

Yes or no?

Answer the questions, stop trying to use Barrett as an excuse. What a cat of a post.

BWNB

First Grade
if vagana was penalisded last nite the game would have no momentum, cause it happend all nite

Craigshark

First Grade
No, because in my opinion Vagana didn't do anything to take Barrett out of the play. Barrett took himself out of the play by taking a dive.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ahhh... None are so blind as those who will not see.

Craigshark... have you ever heard the tale of the Emperor's New Clothes?

melon....

Coach
Taxi driver...Im only going to say this once. Open your biased eyes. archer kept you in the game, when teh jok Sharks fell asleep for 5 minutes and The Sox ran in a3 tries, 2 of them were questionable forward passes.

arcger saved your arses...along with Cronulla's uselessness.

Craigshark

First Grade
Willow said:
Ahhh... None are so blind as those who will not see.

Craigshark... have you ever heard the tale of the Emperor's New Clothes?

Whatever. If Barrett's try off the 2 forward passes wasn't awarded, we wouldn't even be here talking and going around in circles about this. So i think you got the better end of the deal.

[b said:
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE[/b]] Did you guys see kimmorley get taken out in the first half when he kicked , hit high and late.
Willow said:
Says you. :lol:

Ha Ha In this case 2 wrongs make a right :lol:

Iafeta

Referee
Craigshark said:
No, because in my opinion Vagana didn't do anything to take Barrett out of the play. Barrett took himself out of the play by taking a dive.

Did Nigel Vagana in ANY way SHAPE or FORM do anything to impede/provoke/push Trent Barrett?

Yes or no?

When is it going to sink in?

Riddell

Juniors
Tamazoid said:
Barrett being deservedly taken out by Vagana had no impact on whether or not the try was scored.
Umm yeah it did because it shoulda been a penalty - meaning No try. I can't believe some of you are saying that Vagana touched him in the chest. Either you didn't see the incident or your just pulling yourself. He quite forcefully hit him in the face - i can't see how this isn't a penalty. anywayz there is no point arguing but how i see it is:

Barrett's try Forward Pass - No try
Gallens Try - Penalty - No Try
10metres and play the ball was shocking all night from both sides
they are the facts

Overall bad calls against both sides . . . so now move on

BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
we would of won i cant see why those dragons fans are complaining they won the game

ok . . . you think that :lol:

Latest posts