What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer wins the grand final

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
oh you got me there... it would have been 40 - 0 to roosters if it wasnt for the refs, how silly of me...

Nobody said that. What honest people are saying is it would have been 8 - 0 until about the 60th minute, in favour of the Roosters, if not for the refs

applesauce

Bench
Exactly. These idiots don't understand that Dragons only started playing the better football when the refs illegally put them in the lead and gave them all the momentum

f**king ref scum

Roosters were the better team at half time, despite the ilegitimate tries from the Drgoans and penaties not called from the ref.

Had the Roosters held a lead of 12+ at halftime (which they rightly should of) the Dragons would of stuggeld to take it out. But thanks refs for f**king up another game guess we will never know...:x

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Roosters were the better team at half time, despite the ilegitimate tries from the Drgoans and penaties not called from the ref.

Had the Roosters held a lead of 12+ at halftime (which they rightly should of) the Dragons would of stuggeld to take it out. But thanks refs for f**king up another game guess we will never know...:x

Exactly right. I'm not even a Roosters fan, don't even like the scum. But fair is fair.

The dragons were gifted victory by the refs.

Roosters were out and out robbed. All momentum was stolen.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
No doubt there was some terrible, TERRIBLE calls today, but the Dragons deserved their win. They were the better side in the end, the Roosters dropped their bundle in the 2nd half.

Well the first try should never have been allowed. A call like that kills a game. From there, the Roosters could have scored and the game changes dramatically.

Archer just continued on from 2009 and justified the criticism.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
No doubt there was some terrible, TERRIBLE calls today, but the Dragons deserved their win. They were the better side in the end, the Roosters dropped their bundle in the 2nd half.

It's funny how Dragons were the better team in the 2nd half when the refs put them comfortably in the lead.

Don't you think?

If not for the 2 wrongly awarded tries at the start of the second half it would have been a much different half.

Refs gave the Dragons all the momentum. Roosters were never going to win such an uphill battle.

Case in point. I made this thread 20 minutes before the game finished. As it's obvious the false calls drained the Roosters completely.

Eagle_Rocker

Juniors
It's funny how Dragons were the better team in the 2nd half when the refs put them comfortably in the lead.

Don't you think?

If not for the 2 wrongly awarded tries at the start of the second half it would have been a much different half.

Refs gave the Dragons all the momentum. Roosters were never going to win such an uphill battle.

Case in point. I made this thread 20 minutes before the game finished. As it's obvious the false calls drained the Roosters completely.

Again it was disappointing that there were so many bad calls, but I think there were also some poor calls the other way also (not as many though). The NRL definately must do something about the refering. But you can't blame the refs for some of the Roosters big guns not playing anywhere near their best (most notably Carney).

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
Again it was disappointing that there were so many bad calls, but I think there were also some poor calls the other way also (not as many though). The NRL definately must do something about the refering. But you can't blame the refs for some of the Roosters big guns not playing anywhere near their best (most notably Carney).

I mean if the Roosters won i'd be happy, and proably trolling on a few Dragons fans right now.

But when I sober up tomorrow, with or without a Roosters victory, I'd deadset slam the refereeing. That's on my child.

The refereeing was woeful. Even if it was woefully fair it would still be woeful.

I just can't believe refs can be so bad. I'll put it this way; Most soccer games are called better without f**king video ref technology.

I can't believe how poor the standard of NRL reffing has been this season. I really can't.

mave

Coach
Let's be honest, the Dragons were the better team BUT, the refereeing was horrible not to mention the missed touchy call in the opening try (though can be forgiven, sight blocked).

The touchy was 3 metres away from the touchline..... Because the players were 2 metres over the touchline.

It stands to reason that the player was out.

20knights10

Juniors
Congrats to the StGI fans. Regardless of the inept refs it's your title to hold all years. Even the harshest critics of the refs would have to agree that had it been their team they'd be disregarding the criticism and celebrating the final score.

But it's a sad day for the sport when the climax of the season ends with such a dismal performance by the adjudicators. If there isn't a serious review of the standards that seem to be accepted soon then I'll seriously consider abandoning the "sport".

mrpwnd

Bench
Highest degree of immaturity i've ever seen for a while.
Ref or no ref, the better team won, the dragons deserved the win as much as any premiership winning side.

BLKOUT!

Juniors
I don't blame the Dragons for the referees performance or for capitalizing on it, but it's geniused that they had so much of an impact on this game.