What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer wins the grand final

Front-Rower

First Grade
The roosters got the call of the decade in the 80th minute against the Tigers in week 1 of the finals . No one has any right to say the refs were making it hard for the roosters. Especailly seeing as Hayne was officating today and he was the one who made the call of play on from "that scrum".

Greenbits

Juniors
Sorry. Did I miss something? Yeah Morris put his foot on the line. But the biggest clanger of the match was awarding the Roos$ters first try.

What other calls are people upset about?

hellteam

First Grade
Was at the ground so didn't really get to see the morris decision, but I honestly can not believe the roosters were awarded that first try.I really, really can't believe it.how many times during the year do you see players put the ball down on opposition players legs etc then knock it on. And then for some reason, harrigan gives it a try.

sovereign

Juniors
f**k off tossbags whinging about the refs winning that game.. the f**k ups were pretty even, anasta try? creagh's 'lost' ball etc etc.

Roosters got flogged with or without the refs help.

cleary89

Coach
Your team just won the grand final and you're in here gloating about it! You don't have a dick idiot....

What trains do you catch that serve beers? Probably too poor to afford an iphone so wouldnt know that they have the internet on them

n r l f a n

Juniors
Dragons were the better team. Roosters are the biggest chokers, up at half time to a team that has trouble coming bac from any margin! bahahahahahhaha

pantherz9103

First Grade
Referees made mistakes for both teams. The Dragons won emphatically and were far more deserving of the premiership than the Roosters, or any other team for that matter. One of the more dominant premiership successes in recent times. The only properly consistent team in the competition, the rest were so up and down throughout the year.

kay

Juniors
It shouldn't matter who deserved the win, or if this call evens up that call. eg. Morris runs out, roosters get the ball. We then don't see the dragons from the kickoff set kick to leilua who is believed to 'knock on'.
I as much as every other fan just want to see decent refereeing so there is no conjecture about a result. It's just ridiculous, the refereeing was shocking, and has been for a while.
The dubious calls that weren't of subjective nature, which people are asking for, that I recall are:
The aerial contests favoured Dragons. Perrett was run off his course from making a contest with Morris and then gives away a penalty fair enough. However, Morris then pushes Perrett in the next contest, that is not legal, you can't just push someone in a better position than you.
Young propels the ball forward into Aubusson (off his chest into aubusson's arm, disputable yes but in ordinary play that is how it would play it out)
Minichiello is tackled before he even gets the ball off an inside pass.
The offsides from forward passes.

Meh, Archer has been their best all year. Disgraceful against Parramatta in round 1 and both times against us he won them the game so I'm not surprised. We went something like an hour or more between our penalties it all went to script we got our second and final penalty when the game was over.

Refs were terrible both ways.

I would be interested for you to point out which ones went against the Dragons, you struggled last time I asked you to do this when we defeated Brisbane so this will be a laugh.

Last edited:

smi962

First Grade
Referees made mistakes for both teams. The Dragons won emphatically and were far more deserving of the premiership than the Roosters, or any other team for that matter. One of the more dominant premiership successes in recent times. The only properly consistent team in the competition, the rest were so up and down throughout the year.

I agree with him :), those who believe the refs cost the roosters the game are the same deluded and bitter f**wits who have spent the last month talking up the choke. What an awesome night!

Ron's_Mate

Bench
At half time I said - if the Dragons win this GF they can't claim it was because they were the better team. The officials were dreadful & mistakes were made that favoured both teams, however the crucial mistakes got the Dragons on top & gave them momentum. Not suggesting any conspiracy, just woeful incompetence. It's a hollow victory at best.

Danish

Referee
And here I was thinking it was only my bias thinking we were dudded.

Should have been 14-0 at halftime, no risk. Morris clearly out, carney's pass clearly not forward. 14-0 at half time and it's game over.

That doesn't even look at mini being tackled without the ball, perrett being pushed in the back, young knocking on into maubs, horny passing forward for nightingale's 2nd....

Penalties 5 or 6 to 1 after 70 minutes. A f**king disgrace

aussie7798

First Grade
I would be interested for you to point out which ones went against the Dragons, you struggled last time I asked you to do this when we defeated Brisbane so this will be a laugh.

The two biggest ones as i saw it wont go into all the smaller ones

1 Roosters first try, enough said everyone knows that it was not a try

2 Weyman taken high, Seriously what does the video ref do they got a great angle of Conn obviously lining up Weyman with a swinging arm he hit him and Weyman plays no futher part in the game. That for mine is a send off.

Intent, No question
Connects, Yes

Should be a send off.

Mong

Post Whore
Lol Danish..

Boo f*cking hoo mate.

Whinge all you like.. All that matters is that the 2010 premiers are the Dragons.

All you bitter w@nkers can cry all you like. The best team won the game.