What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer wins the grand final

TheDalek079

Bench
is this joke of a thread still going?Saints beat us fairly, and the refs don't come into it. guess some people are too biased against saints and can't accept that they didn't choke. haters gonna hate....

haters_gonna_hate.gif

j0nesy

Bench
Is that Luke Pattern? :lol:

Bloody hell it looks like him.

This thread cracks me up. Talk about your slimmy little whingers. The usual candidates that have been trolling the Dragons for months, calling us chokers, have now resorted to blaming the referees :lol:

Firey_Dragon

Coach
Subtract 6. 14-0 to Roosters at half time, different story. No explanation needed.

The first Rooster's try wasn't a try. You can't rake a ball with your leg, Leilua planted it on Soward's leg and it went forward, any sane person would have called that no try, it was a square up IMO. But it doesn't make such a good story if you look at both sides of the equation.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
lmao, deadset looks like him ay

I'm pretty sure it's him, even at the ground before seeing the photo I commented to a mate that I thought he was out there on the field. Probably a send off with a few of his old mates before he goes over to the UK. A bit strange that he managed to make it into a team photo like that though :lol:

Frustrated Fan

Juniors
That refereeing performance was embarrassing considering the NRL grand final is considered the pinnacle of Rugby League. Is that the best we can get?

I believe the Dragons were always going to win but we didn't get a true result. I backed the Dragons but I expected a better spectacle than that.

The refereeing was a ecomplete farcical joke!!!!

blake1979

Juniors
nope it was plenty dumb enough

I don't think Bennett was saying to his team at half time- 'fellas, we're still in this- Carney missed those conversions'

Not everything is about the Dragons mate, it would have been beneficial for the roosters though dipsh*t , when the dragons scored early in the second half they wouldnt have went behind.

ByRd

First Grade
I'm pretty sure it's him, even at the ground before seeing the photo I commented to a mate that I thought he was out there on the field. Probably a send off with a few of his old mates before he goes over to the UK. A bit strange that he managed to make it into a team photo like that though :lol:
:lol::lol: you gotta love the general (if it was him)

goodsmeagol

Juniors
The first Rooster's try wasn't a try. You can't rake a ball with your leg, Leilua planted it on Soward's leg and it went forward, any sane person would have called that no try, it was a square up IMO. But it doesn't make such a good story if you look at both sides of the equation.

You're right, you cant rake a ball with your leg but you can strike out with it , which Soward did, kicking the ball away, hence legit try to Anasta.
What you cant do is pass the ball with both feet in touch (Morris), missed by touchy (Jeff Younis) which then results in Gasnier try - not legit.
What you also can't do is push a player in the back when he's contesting a bomb, as Morris did to Perrett, but once again Younis missed that too. Both Ray Warren and Sterlo called for a penalty - no dice. Resulting drop-out gives Saints another try. Just to complete the trifecta, Younis then calls back Carney "forward" pass for Leilua try, which replays show to be flat.
Thats 18 points for Saints on the back of dodgey decisions by one incompetent official. Show me where official blunders cost Saints 18 points? On top of that , they give Dean Young a benefit of the doubt try!
Need I mention a 5-2 penalty count in Saints favour?

Enjoy the title dragons fans but dont kid yourself that you did it on you own.:roll:

18to87

Coach

Spot on.

kurt faulk

Coach
You're right, you cant rake a ball with your leg but you can strike out with it , which Soward did, kicking the ball away, hence legit try to Anasta.
What you cant do is pass the ball with both feet in touch (Morris), missed by touchy (Jeff Younis) which then results in Gasnier try - not legit.
What you also can't do is push a player in the back when he's contesting a bomb, as Morris did to Perrett, but once again Younis missed that too. Both Ray Warren and Sterlo called for a penalty - no dice. Resulting drop-out gives Saints another try. Just to complete the trifecta, Younis then calls back Carney "forward" pass for Leilua try, which replays show to be flat.
Thats 18 points for Saints on the back of dodgey decisions by one incompetent official. Show me where official blunders cost Saints 18 points? On top of that , they give Dean Young a benefit of the doubt try!

Enjoy the title dragons fans but dont kid yourself that you did it on you own.:roll:

your boys scored 0 points in the last 60 minutes of the game. i know that's a tough reality pill to take.

Willow

Assistant Moderator

Firey_Dragon

Coach
]You're right, you cant rake a ball with your leg but you can strike out with it , which Soward did, kicking the ball away, hence legit try to Anasta.[/B]

The ball was planted on Soward's thigh, please tell me how someone can "strike out" with their thigh and dislodge a ball?

He had a loose carry and lost the ball, the look on his face when he lost it told the story. That try was a farce, except the only difference between that and the dragons first try was he got to have 10 looks at it first.

Bad calls went both ways, I'm not going to deny that we were lucky with some calls, but to suggest the result would have been different is ludicrous. The Roosters forwards were completely out-muscled in the 2nd half and the Roosters didn't make enough of their opportunities in the first. That is why they lost, no excuses.

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
The only thing apparent is your bitterness.

The Dragons are the 2010 premiers, rightfully so, and even most Roosters fans admit they're the better side.

Your ramblings and anti-Saints sentiment is only making it sweeter for those who wear the Red V, and is only causing more embarrassment for you.

The most hilarious part is that you don't even have a pair - how about telling everyone who you go for instead of hiding behind an innocuous nickname? Softcock.

The dragons are the better team. They're consistantly one of the better teams in the history of the NRL. That doesn't change the fact the refs f**ked the grand final and the Roosters.

I go for the Warriors. Not that it's relevant in anyway

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
You Dragons scum should deadset go on the BBC. Go to the 606 League forum. All the British league fans, who are neutrals and couldn't give much of a sh*t about the NRL one way or the other, they're all slamming the refereeing in the NRL grandfinal.

I'll post some quotes from Super League fans who watched the game with unbiased eyes.....

"2 refs has speeded up the play the ball but doesn't seem to have done much for the overall quality of decision making. The refs and TJs got so many things wrong between them in the NRL Grand Final that I'm actually thinking that SL refs are better than they get given credit for."

"Woeful display from the refs! And I thought we had it bad"

"The best League in the world ruined by the refs. The SL final was better! *faints*"

"After watching Aussie GF I had a wry smile at the comments I and others(not cheese) have had at our standards of match officials.
Even more refs on the field and still you see terrible calls from refs and touch judges. Maybe everything down under is not always better."

"I hope they have a better understanding of the International rules when it comes to the 4 Nations."

"I love wathchin the NRL and admire the standards of all the NRL teams on show. However I haven't been too impressed by the standard of referees"

"Wow these convict refs are awful"

These are just a few comments handpicked from the BBCs 606. Highlighting the SL fans feelings on the grand final ref standards.

Keep in mind none of these guys could give a f**k about the NRL, ST George or the Roosters.

This is the universally accepted unbiased view of the GF reffing

RugbyHighlights

Juniors
The ball was planted on Soward's thigh, please tell me how someone can "strike out" with their thigh and dislodge a ball?

He had a loose carry and lost the ball, the look on his face when he lost it told the story. That try was a farce, except the only difference between that and the dragons first try was he got to have 10 looks at it first.

Bad calls went both ways, I'm not going to deny that we were lucky with some calls, but to suggest the result would have been different is ludicrous. The Roosters forwards were completely out-muscled in the 2nd half and the Roosters didn't make enough of their opportunities in the first. That is why they lost, no excuses.

I honestly don't think anyone is saying the Dragons weren't the dominant team. What I'm saying(and I think a couple others) are saying is that your dominance was on the back of being gifted a few tries and momentum.

Personally, despite wanting the Roosters to win, I felt the Dragons were the better team and wholefully anticipated you to win. My comments at the start of the game was I just hoped it was a close one, such was my respect and anticipation for a Dragons win.

I just don't think the refereeing was fair. At all.

I know all you Dragons are happy in your victory, but wouldn't you have preferred a 6 point victory without farcical refereeing?

At best you can say the refereeing was a joke, at worst you can say it was a joke and went against the Chooks

Latest posts