What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archer wins the grand final

Rexxy

Coach
Like manna from heaven

IMG_3096.jpg

dice

Juniors
Willow and Taxi Driver now trying to link me to comments made by others. Nice one dumbasses.

You have zero credibility.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Dice

It goes beyond the grand final. The Tigers were stitched as well. No way in the world were the refs going to eliminate their boss' team with a penalty to the Tigers for the breaking of Tuqiri's ribs with late knees.

1979_finch_1.jpg

Wow, that's quite conspiracy theory there Dicey.

Are you saying that Robert Finch is corrupt because he wore a Dragons jersey in the 1970s? But hang on, the Dragons didn't exist before 1999 according the dog food eaters. lol.

And what of Ian Schubert? You know, if I saw anyone posting that Roosters were getting away with rorting the cap in 2002 because of this pic below, I'd laugh them out the room. And I did when such ridiculous accusations were made.

00000960-image.jpg

From the Roosters Hall of Fame (roosters.com.au)

Yes, anyone who suggests impropriety without proof and has the 'courage' of penning it behind a fake name is an idiot in my books. Idiot.

Btw, nice lifting of the pic too. Didn't know you were such a keen visitor to Dragons supporters websites.

And still waiting for your 'proof' that Des Hasler said the GF was a rort. Put up or shut up Dicey.

2010Dragons

Bench
This thread is still going !!!!!!!!

Dice,

Robert Finch played for the Dragons and his son Brett Finch played for the Roosters, Parramatta and the Storm.
Does this mean Robert Finch fixed favourable calls to the Roosters, Parramatta and the Storm???

Thats like say Ian Schuburt does not audit the rooster because he played for them.

Get a grip....build a bridge and get over !!!!!:crazy::crazy::crazy:

YES the referees made mistakes....its been happening since day dot.
We are all humans and humans make mistakes.....such is life.

taxidriver

Coach
hey willow, you're famous!

Twenty
user_offline.gif

icon1.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by dice
I have just posed the question of the value of finals football on LU. No doubt the Saints supporters will twist it around.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/sh...d.php?t=371686

Mate, why would you post there?

The site is owned by stmerge ****wits and that Willow bloke is the biggest liar known to forumkind.

If you must, tell them The Mayor of Balmain says hello. :D

Willow

Assistant Moderator
:lol: At last. I'm famous in the Henhouse. Look out girls... I'll be there in a minute.

Dr.J

Juniors
"They needed a big break (and rain) to get back into it."

lol.

Damn that Archer. He even organised the rain!

The rain is relevant. If it is raining in the second half it is a massive advantage to whoever has the lead. It is much safer to play low risk football in the rain, whereas if you are pushing passes and offloads to score points when behind, these stuff up in the rain.

Archer didn't organise the rain, but he did organise that the Dragons weren't chasing a substantial lead in the second half. You can debate all you want about whether the Roosters should have been 4-0 or 8-0 or 12-0 or 14-0 up at half time. There were lots of debateable calls in the Grand Final due to the poor standard of refereeing, but the only one completely non debateable was that Brett Morris was further into touch without being blown than any player has been since they started videotaping games. The Dragons should have been NIL at half time and not even the most biased Dragons supporter can possibly claim that try.

Robert Finch might have been the only person who still thinks that Morris was in, as he has been silent on the matter since the game.

If the Dragons are on nil at half time, the Roosters have a significant lead and the rain comes down, then would the Dragons have had the same success in the second half pushing passes in the rain?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The rain is relevant. If it is raining in the second half it is a massive advantage to whoever has the lead. It is much safer to play low risk football in the rain, whereas if you are pushing passes and offloads to score points when behind, these stuff up in the rain.

Archer didn't organise the rain, but he did organise that the Dragons weren't chasing a substantial lead in the second half. You can debate all you want about whether the Roosters should have been 4-0 or 8-0 or 12-0 or 14-0 up at half time. There were lots of debateable calls in the Grand Final due to the poor standard of refereeing, but the only one completely non debateable was that Brett Morris was further into touch without being blown than any player has been since they started videotaping games. The Dragons should have been NIL at half time and not even the most biased Dragons supporter can possibly claim that try.

Robert Finch might have been the only person who still thinks that Morris was in, as he has been silent on the matter since the game.

If the Dragons are on nil at half time, the Roosters have a significant lead and the rain comes down, then would the Dragons have had the same success in the second half pushing passes in the rain?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwrL9MV6jSk

Last edited:

Rodent

Bench
Dr. J, all you can say is that the whole game would have been different had Brett Morris been ruled into touch. HTF can you say from that, the dragons would have been nil at half time? That's ludicrous. That would have changed EVERYTHING. All that bad call did was allow Saints to continue with possession. If the correct call was made who's to say the next time Saints got down there Soward doesn't put the same kick in for Gaz leading to a try?
It's sliding doors. Maybe Saints score an intercept try from a Roosters scrum move? The whole game would have been different. Saints played better than the Roosters. Does anyone believe the Roosters were the better team?
It will never be remembered as anything other than a dominant win by the best side in the comp.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
The rain is relevant. If it is raining in the second half it is a massive advantage to whoever has the lead.
That'd be the Roosters. Half time Roosters 8-6.

Rain was there throughout the match, it started getting heavier at half time. I could see the heavens opening up and I knew we had to score early in the second half. It was a big test in the conditions, and the team came through with flying colours.

Although I'm sure you have another "but" up your sleeve.
Dr.J said:
It is much safer to play low risk football in the rain, whereas if you are pushing passes and offloads to score points when behind, these stuff up in the rain.
Yeah, must been a bugger to see Saints make most of their mistakes in the first half, then run 26-0 in the second half.

Dr.J said:
Archer didn't organise the rain
Phew! That's a relief.
Dr.J said:
but he did organise that the Dragons weren't chasing a substantial lead in the second half.
You should seek help.
Dr.J said:
You can debate all you want about whether the Roosters should have been 4-0 or 8-0 or 12-0 or 14-0 up at half time.
Not debating any of that. The score was 8-6 at half time. The Roosters were in front. It was up to them if they were ready to go on with it.
Dr.J said:
There were lots of debateable calls in the Grand Final due to the poor standard of refereeing, but the only one completely non debateable was that Brett Morris was further into touch without being blown than any player has been since they started videotaping games.
So your own statement is that there was only one clear-cut referee error. Well I don't agree. We should have been attacking the Roosters line after Perrett got away with a knock-on. Plus the Roosters should never have gained field advantage when Creagh had the ball stripped. Those are just two that spring to mind.
Dr.J said:
The Dragons should have been NIL at half time and not even the most biased Dragons supporter can possibly claim that try.
I'm claiming it. It happened two rucks after your Hindenberg crisis, and Easts couldn't get their defensive line ready. Players train so they can scramble in defence. Some teams are better at it while others crack under the pressure.

The difference between the two teams was when the Roosters were gifted field advantage by a ref error, Saints held them out.

We don't blame the ref when we miss tackles or fail to mark up.

But hey, let's run with your work of fiction that it was 8-0 at half time.

Dr.J said:
Robert Finch might have been the only person who still thinks that Morris was in
Did I say fiction? You're now getting into the realms of fantasy.
Dr.J said:
as he has been silent on the matter since the game.
I wouldn't know. What's your point?
Dr.J said:
If the Dragons are on nil at half time, the Roosters have a significant lead and the rain comes down
Apparently 8-0 according to you. 'Significant'?
Dr.J said:
then would the Dragons have had the same success in the second half pushing passes in the rain?
It was 26-0 in the second half.

Did you get a chance to look at the stats? Even with your work of fiction, it would be 26-8 at full time.

And we were pushing passes now? I though we played a boring style of football. lol

All you have are IFs and BUTs mingled in with paranoid conspiracy theories. Does it get anymore pathetic?

Look, you can be a sore loser about it that gives you comfort. Embarrass yourself as much as you like.

Personally I thought it was tremendous effort from the Dragons, the 2010 premiers :clap: . And I congratulate the Roosters on a fine season.

Firey_Dragon

Coach

Can you point me to a game where a player has ever been deemed to rake a football with a thigh? Other than the GF of course.

Morris was out, Leilua didn't score either... Biggest square up I've ever seen. At best if the first half was reffed correctly, the Roosters go into half time 4 points ahead instead of 2, that is of course looking at it with blinkers on and assuming those events don't change the course of the game.

In the end the Roosters were completely and utterly dominated in a 2nd half, through no fault other than their own. They capitulated. They had the opportunity to go on with it but failed to do so. Their inability to capitalise on opportunities and elementary errors in the 2nd half, without having the ability to defend them is what cost them the game. Not the refs, not the rain, not baby jesus, just the Roosters.

Last edited:

20knights10

Juniors
That's 9 posts a day mate.

And that includes the offseason...

But srsly who cares?

ps: Dragons won the Grand Final 2010
Actually it's about 23 posts a day. Like one an hour if you only sleep 1 hour a day. Every day for 7 years. I don't care but I can see why he tries to downplay post counts.....

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Actually it's about 23 posts a day. Like one an hour if you only sleep 1 hour a day. Every day for 7 years. I don't care but I can see why he tries to downplay post counts.....
Not his fault. The ref gifted him those posts.

Doomednow

Bench
How about that time some people thought the referees gifted the game to St George and some people thought they didn't?

Pissant Johnsy can you do a headcount and tell me how people are in this crowd

Inaugural%20crowd.jpg

More importantly how many Dragons fans are there? 50,000? 1.5 million?

Latest posts