What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are Manly a Bonafide Chance?

Moffo

Referee
They are sitting at 11/1...Juicy odds for mine given the odds of every other team...

They have quality forwards, a good halfback, good hooker and an explosive feedback. Whats the saying that this is all you need for a good team?

Hmmm

(Don't worry, I'm on the dogs as well) :lol:

Dutchy

Immortal
They have the Heart, The Passion, The Pride - They can win it.

They win games because of their pride not their skill.

Dont write us off

Raider_69

Post Whore
they are looking at a decent price if you looking for an extremely dark, dark horse
but for mine, they cant win it

dogs, melbourne, parra or st george

Sugar

Bench
imo they have a genuine chance,sitting pretty in 3rd atm,pigs are goin well still have bk to come back, orford still improving(not at his best yet)and that flying fullback stewart (hope he doesnt score to many more for merritts sake)
bulldogs will be a good indicator this week
manly=contenders not pretenders
(cant believe im talking them up hope now i have cursed them);-)

To be honest, Manly has not been the 3rd best team on form. We still have PLENTY of improvement to go especially in attack. All shapes up well for a good final series :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
they were awefull against us,

and seem to rely alot on Kennedy

if he is injuerd, they've got no hope

Sir Biffo

Bench
I said at the pub on saturday night that I was tipping a Manly v St George grand final. Admittedley I'd had about a squillion schooners, but when you think about it last year at this stage (where everyone is tipping Bulldogs Melbourne) who was tipping anyone but Parra Saints.

colonel_123

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
they are looking at a decent price if you looking for an extremely dark, dark horse
but for mine, they cant win it

dogs, melbourne, parra or st george

Any particular reason why you think this?

I don't think they've got as good a chance as the Bulldogs, Storm or Eels (I'd have them at least equal with the Dragons) but I certainly wouldn't write off a team that has good players in some key positions (notably 7 and 1) some decent players in the 3/4 line including a top line centre and a no non-sense back row all led by Kennedy who is a genuine game breaking forward playing near enough to the top of his game...

willvillain

Juniors
You bastard Moffo! How could you do this to us! Just when I was getting my hopes up about this year.... you do this..... :)

But seriously, I am starting to think that once BK comes back Manly are a real genuine chance. Parra are going great at the moment, but the injuries to all their props will start to show - their excellent backrow will surely start to suffer the effects of playing the props role on top of their normal workload soon... Dogs minus Asotasi and Tonga are still my tip to win it. Too much class in the forwards even without big Roy. etc etc etc.

The thing I am loving about the team at the moment, is that they are winning a lot of close games. I think back to last year and remember so many games where we were done at the death of a match, this year it's been the opposite - we seem to be able to snatch victory where we don't deserve it. That's why I rate us as a decent chance in the finals.

>zuzu<

Juniors
Personally i think they can. They have really good attacking flare, and Orford, whilst inconsistent, he is starting to find his feet in the Manly jumper. BK is firing up, and is career best form. Stewart.. well.. I dont need to write anything bout this kid. Likewise for Steve Bell. There only worry for mine is there front row. Kite has been playing pretty good, but as for his partner, well.. Jason King is becoming the next Jason Ryles. But they still have depth to cover that position. They have class all over the park!

They can win it imo

Raider_69

Post Whore
colonel_123 said:
Any particular reason why you think this?

I don't think they've got as good a chance as the Bulldogs, Storm or Eels (I'd have them at least equal with the Dragons) but I certainly wouldn't write off a team that has good players in some key positions (notably 7 and 1) some decent players in the 3/4 line including a top line centre and a no non-sense back row all led by Kennedy who is a genuine game breaking forward playing near enough to the top of his game...

Dont think they have a halfback who is good enough under pressure to win a premiership, i also think their backline is largely pretty ordinary when compaired to the strike power of the real heavy weights

their forward pack is IMO a tad over-rated, they are nothing without BK

philstorm

Juniors
Yeh true. It will be a great finals series Scuba. Manly have only recently got back most of their full-strength team members. Hopefully with Slater, Crocker and Cross back, we'll make a charge again in the finals.