What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are Manly a Bonafide Chance?

LESStar58

Referee
Moffo said:
They are sitting at 11/1...Juicy odds for mine given the odds of every other team...

They have quality forwards, a good halfback, good hooker and an explosive feedback. Whats the saying that this is all you need for a good team?

Hmmm

(Don't worry, I'm on the dogs as well) :lol:
After tonight..... yes.

If they beat us next week I'll call a Storm vs Sea Eagles decider..... but I'm actually on a Storm/Doggies GF.

t-ba

Post Whore
mightybears said:
manly are no hope to go all the way

Just for you mb, I'm calling a Sea Eagles vs Broncos final. With Rupert Singing the national anthem and the half time entertainment consisting of Flo and Far Side dressed in clown suits...

CharlieF

Juniors
Ice777 said:
My word i thought he choked in Melbourne but only in the F-I-N-A-L-S as i've stated many many times. He was by far my favorite player down here but even i couldn't deny his performances. I love my team, but i'm not that one eyed that i'm blinded to when one of our players has a shocker. As for him being a choker now, again i never called him that because he's had a very good season.

I'm not even saying he'll choke in this years finals because i don't know that as i'm not a f**king claivoyant. But i do have eyes and i know that his fianls series for Melbourne were for the most part very ordinary.

As for Inglis, he sure did play this last year. He played a total of 13 games and scored 7 tries. He was getting the wraps and we knew what the kid could do down here, it's just that nobody took any notice of the Storm up there last year and you finally woke up to how good he is this year.

You didn't even know if Inglis played last year which pretty much sums up how much you know about the Storm. Yet at the same time you're so adament Orford never choked in our finals series. Could that be because he plays for the Eagles now and you don't like hearing that about him? How can you be so sure about this Orford issue when you never even had a clue who Inglis was? Just in case you never knew, Glen Lazarus doesn't play for us anymore :lol:

Sorry to tell you, but Melbourne choked not Orford. They are known for it, unfortuntley you don't have Orford to lay the blame on this time. I wonder who it will be this finals series? The Dragons choke in the Finals as well, except their Fans know it is not one single players fault. Do you get it? If you rely on just one player to lift whilst the rest of the team takes it easy, then you are F???d.

CharlieF

Juniors
mightybears said:
manly are no hope to go all the way

An unbiased assesment. You would have said the same thing if Manly was in the Grand Final leading by 20 with 5 minutes to go.

Moffo

Referee
melb dont have the forwards for finals football. i wouldn't be surprised if they go out in straight sets

Ice777

Bench
Moffo said:
melb dont have the forwards for finals football. i wouldn't be surprised if they go out in straight sets

All i can say to that is that i hope to hell we play your team in the finals. Everyone has been writing off our forwards all year but apparently your greatest forward pack of "all time" are 4 wins behind us KNOB! :lol:

Disco

Bench
i have alot of time for the storm pack, great backrow, sensational hooker, White really looks the goods and there other props in Kaufusi, Crossman and Donnelly are more than holding there own

the Melbourne pack will measure up in the finals

mightybears

Bench
t-ba said:
Just for you mb, I'm calling a Sea Eagles vs Broncos final. With Rupert Singing the national anthem and the half time entertainment consisting of Flo and Far Side dressed in clown suits...

Thank you t-ba, at least Greg and Gary would get a grand final!

Jasestorm

Juniors
Jasestorm said:
Matt Orford will not win Manly a premiership. They will bow out in week 2, as Melbourne did 3 years running with Orford. He can not handle pressure at the business end of the season. So much of a teams attack revolves around him that if you can shut down his time with the ball, the team will lose.

Please selectors, do not select him for the Tri Nations if you want to win the trophy. A half fit Thurston is a better option.

Prophetic statement that. Manly fans are in for some heartache over the next few years.

Ice777

Bench
It would seem that moffo wasn't quite as prophetic looking back at these lttle gems Jase ;-)

Moffo said:
the melbourne forwards will get pounded when the big teams step up a level in the finals...i guarantee it
Moffo said:
Melbourne don't have the forwards for finals football. I wouldn't be surprised if they go out in straight sets

SURPRISE!!!!! :lol: