What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are Melbourne finished?

roofromoz

First Grade
Back to back this year.

The most obvious premiers since 2017.

Round 20 v Penrith will provide a good gauge... we get smashed, then maybe. But depends if Luai and Cleary are back. And Souffs are in with a shot too. And maybe Manly if Turbo stays fit.

Pretty Penny

Juniors
No wonder they are going crazy and trying to back out of the NRL made prisons that the players are living in. Freedom is more important than anything and our courageous NRL players don't even have that.

As for the Storm , they are no longer the Melbourne Storm, they are the Nomad Storm or the Gypsy Storm, they don't know if they are Arthur or Mather. Up and down the the Coast and in and out of lockdown and bubbles,. Sooner or later it will cost them. I reckon Newcastle are a big chance this week with Ponga and Fizzel back. I have taken them at the line. The line is 16.5 points and given Melbourne's movements it will catch up with them in the end.

Attachments

• belly.PNG
    belly.PNG
    570.7 KB · Views: 5

lazza

Juniors
What will it say about the supposed 'big 3' if the storm were to go back to back. I think it says Bellamy's mastered how to coach League.

What will it say about the supposed 'big 3' if the storm were to go back to back. I think it says Bellamy's mastered how to coach League.

of the big 3 only Cam had any first grade experience when Bellamy took over (and even he was a backup at the time). Even then none of them had people raving about them when they came through (some of his latter players did - GI immediately comes to mind). I think the list of players who become a star at the Storm vs become a star after leaving shows his coaching credentials.

Whilst he will always be tainted by the cap rotting, even then there was only a couple of players he brought in as megastars, the bulk of his team debuted for the Storm. He will also cop flack because his teams are pretty horrible, but the reactions of other clubs was to copy it, not to counter it. As much as I hate what it did to the game, he is the most influential coach on the game this side of the millennium.

STORM.99/07

Bench
No wonder they are going crazy and trying to back out of the NRL made prisons that the players are living in. Freedom is more important than anything and our courageous NRL players don't even have that.

As for the Storm , they are no longer the Melbourne Storm, they are the Nomad Storm or the Gypsy Storm, they don't know if they are Arthur or Mather. Up and down the the Coast and in and out of lockdown and bubbles,. Sooner or later it will cost them. I reckon Newcastle are a big chance this week with Ponga and Fizzel back. I have taken them at the line. The line is 16.5 points and given Melbourne's movements it will catch up with them in the end.
Just not this week. 48-4

The_Frog

First Grade
Just not this week. 48-4
This was the team running 9th after all, a team with 44% wins for the season. And they did play much worse than even that suggests. Lots of dropped balls and gaping holes to run through. They could have been in the 8 but the pressure was too much.

Saxon

Bench
This was the team running 9th after all, a team with 44% wins for the season. And they did play much worse than even that suggests. Lots of dropped balls and gaping holes to run through. They could have been in the 8 but the pressure was too much.
And yet they did better than the team running 5th the game prior. Same number of tries against, but at lest the Knights scored, which was something the Roosters couldn't do!

lazza

Juniors
And the Rabbits didn't score against Storm either
Can u imagine a gf where the storm win 50-0.

I've also noticed that the storm each time they play a side, the opposing teams best pl a year tends to get injured.. it's like they all know who to target

lazza

Juniors
of the big 3 only Cam had any first grade experience when Bellamy took over (and even he was a backup at the time). Even then none of them had people raving about them when they came through (some of his latter players did - GI immediately comes to mind). I think the list of players who become a star at the Storm vs become a star after leaving shows his coaching credentials.

Whilst he will always be tainted by the cap rotting, even then there was only a couple of players he brought in as megastars, the bulk of his team debuted for the Storm. He will also cop flack because his teams are pretty horrible, but the reactions of other clubs was to copy it, not to counter it. As much as I hate what it did to the game, he is the most influential coach on the game this side of the millennium.
The cap and the mma tackles brought in will taint him. And you wonder if they ever needed to do any of that? In some respects no, but at thr same time, they try to make tackles legally hurt so the attacking teams don't run as hard over the course of 80 mins to grab that advantage.

Latest posts