What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are people going to ignore the blow up from our captain?

salivor

First Grade
I think a player questioning a decision is totally different to the examples given of Johns. All players get up from a tackle and question something from time to time, all captains certainly question the refs decision and its what you'd expect them to do, part of their job is to try and get a fairer deal for their side.

With Johns we are talking about examples of him acting like a sulky brat when Canberra tried to do their ten pin bowling post try celebration. Funnily enough he didn't have any problems in participating in post try celebrations himself, especially in a State of Origin match of all things. I personally couldn't care less, he has always handled himself pretty well as captain of NSW and Australia but your the one with an axe to grind DMC.

G_G

Juniors
What is that difference, Kimmorley scores trys and Lockyer butchered them?

The difference between Johns trying to pull off a banana kick so he could read about it in the next day's newspaper (in process ridiculing the opposition and International RL) and Darren Lockyer making a mistake. That's what you were comparing in your previous post.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I agree that Johns can be fiery on field, and definately egotistical- but I appreciate DMC's point. Tallis is a far worse sportsman on field, and we hear next to nothing about his antics.

I guess being in the spotlight 24/7 means you have to be twice as careful about your behaviour. If Chris Walker were Australian captain, he'd cop more flak than a low flying bomber.

Chris