What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are Phil Gould and Ray Warren going to fight?

zac.rodgers

Juniors
Say what you want about both of them, but it is going to be a sad day when Ray Warren doesn't call a State of Origin anymore... he's one of a kind when it comes to big game commentary...

Sterlo is a pro. Gus is slipping, but still has his moments... I would take them over Andrew Voss any day of the week... he just sh*ts me... especially for someone who has never played the game himself (1st grade)

no name

Coach
The only thing Gus and Rabs would ever seriously fight about is who gives and who receives.

sharko

Juniors
They have had a mortgage, courtesy of Packer and 9, to call football in Sydney etc for a long time and they both genuinely belive that they are often bigger than the game.
They both have a lot in common.
Both have very big gambling problems and have owed large sums to bookiesand the tote.
Both are very heavy drinkers which is apparent by their less than attractive faces minus a layer of foundation.
When commentators let their own egos get in the way of calling league play by play, then it is time to move them on and bring in commentators who are accurate and focus on the game and not their own feeble attempts at humour!

undertaker

Coach
They have had a mortgage, courtesy of Packer and 9, to call football in Sydney etc for a long time and they both genuinely belive that they are often bigger than the game.
They both have a lot in common.
Both have very big gambling problems and have owed large sums to bookiesand the tote.
Both are very heavy drinkers which is apparent by their less than attractive faces minus a layer of foundation.
When commentators let their own egos get in the way of calling league play by play, then it is time to move them on and bring in commentators who are accurate and focus on the game and not their own feeble attempts at humour!

Where did you find that out from (especially the big regarding the gambling)?

If their crap continues tommorrow night, I will gladly accept the ABC issue as a small irritation and switch over.

I miss Roy and HG's SOO call.

A mate watches the football coverage on the box with the sound down, but with the radio coverage on as its better detail.

Last Friday, Gus talked for about 5 minutes about how he stopped at a petrol station for a drink.
Five whole f**king minutes while a game was being played.

Says it all really.

newman

First Grade
Warren was just on Hadleys morning show and they were talking about this. He said that Gould was a great mate of his and he had "genuine affection" for him, but he was EXTREMELY IRRITATED with Gus's reticence with regards to reading the rule book. He basically said it gave him the sh*ts.

With regards to the gambling stuff, Warren went public with this last year, stating how gambling had nearly ruined his life and warning people off it. It was interesting to see Peter Fitzsimons rip into him (who is an avid anti gambling advocate) as a week after he went all Oprah, he was on the radio doing TAB Sportsbet commercials with Munsie.

Gould has a huge interest in horse racing but I dont know if he has ever been in deep with the bookies. Ive always hated him anyway. Good student of the game, but an ugly, divisive opinionated farkwit who lives in the shire but hates the sharks. I heard his first ever call the other day on chooseday night footy and was amazing to see how far he has come in terms of flat out commentary rubbish. On a side note, how bad does he look these days?

kbw

Bench
Gould is a circus clown with his job now to make the dementia affected Ray Warren seem like he knows what he is saying.

Ch9 is truly one of the most embarrassing things about RL

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Seriously, these guys have been going at it for years, and for the most part it has been funny banter... but latley it seem like Gus and Rabbits are crossing the 'oh, they're just like a married couple' phase and are about to step into the 'if you don't shut up, I'm going to smack you in the face!' territory...
I suppose it adds for extra entertainment during lulls in certain games :)
"I'm just telling you what's in the bloody rule book, Phil! Try reading it for once!"

The sad thing is neither of them know the rules, if fact no one in the nine commentary team seems to. It's not a big book guys. Maybe read it.

feeding frenzy

Juniors
Warren was just on Hadleys morning show and they were talking about this. He said that Gould was a great mate of his and he had "genuine affection" for him, but he was EXTREMELY IRRITATED with Gus's reticence with regards to reading the rule book. He basically said it gave him the sh*ts.

With regards to the gambling stuff, Warren went public with this last year, stating how gambling had nearly ruined his life and warning people off it. It was interesting to see Peter Fitzsimons rip into him (who is an avid anti gambling advocate) as a week after he went all Oprah, he was on the radio doing TAB Sportsbet commercials with Munsie.

Gould has a huge interest in horse racing but I dont know if he has ever been in deep with the bookies. Ive always hated him anyway. Good student of the game, but an ugly, divisive opinionated farkwit who lives in the shire but hates the sharks. I heard his first ever call the other day on chooseday night footy and was amazing to see how far he has come in terms of flat out commentary rubbish. On a side note, how bad does he look these days?

Newman they are both stil heavily involved in gambling and are regulars at 1 particular TAB.

Latest posts