What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are Phil Gould and Ray Warren going to fight?

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Rabs has his refereeing ticket TER. He gets it every year.

Well he seems to not do the same test I did because he is wrong so often.

And referees don't do a test every year, they do different levels a bit like martial arts, the test lets you referee at higher levels.

Phil Gould has a level 1 and it is a joke about who he paid to get it in the refereeing community.

Last edited:

axl rose

Bench
opinionated farkwit who lives in the shire but hates the sharks.

What makes you think he hates them? he stated on the Roast he fears for their future but he hopes they survive, as he lives in the area and they have many young fans.

Agree in regards to his commentary, I was watching a 94 semi the other day and he was analysing the game perfectly, stick to that.

AndrewVoss=God

Juniors
Andrew Voss should be there.

To be honest I have never been that much of a fan of Rabs and I question how much of the game he actually watches outside of the matches he commentates on. Gould is ok though.

undertaker

Coach
For those that saw the Ch9 telecast today, Rabs and Gus again went hammer and tong with each other before halftime. Told Gus to take some pills.

Here's some other instances of Gus and Rabs (gotta love Fittler expressions in the background during the Panthers/Souths clip):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt8pP3CpSzw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH5SNvJjFlw&feature=related

And here's Gus in his early days at Ch9 in 1994:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4NsNRSb6_g

Do you guys like it when Voss and Gould are together in the box? Here's a small snipet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmTercbR_is

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
At the end of the day if they want to find a fat blow hard to troll an old man there are plenty of St George supporters they can pick from this site.

DecoyRunner

Juniors
I'm a Ray Warren fan. Some of his work during high tempo play is very good. He's always better when he's in the box with Sterlo and Fatty minus Gould.

newyboy

Juniors
I noticed Goulds rant on the weekend in the SMH about the government and the poker machine tax, is it coincidental that he is now the boss of Penrith and he wants more money from the leagues club?

I did not see that mentioned in his article, that if they dropped it, his club could get more cash from the biggest club in Australia.

carlosthedwarf

First Grade
I wondered why there was such a fit about that change and the government, I figured he was just talking as a punter. The logical tie in to Panthers now makes perfect sense.

IanG

Coach
Notice how Rabs and Gus were split up on Friday Night Gus was at the Sharks v Broncos game at Datsun Park. While Rabs was at Eels v Dragons at Parra

undertaker

Coach
Notice how Rabs and Gus were split up on Friday Night Gus was at the Sharks v Broncos game at Datsun Park. While Rabs was at Eels v Dragons at Parra

Yes, that has happened before. It's normally happened when both FN games have been in NSW. When there is one game in NSW and another in QLD, Ch9 normally partner Rabs with Sterlo and Gus for the NSW match.

nrlnrl

First Grade
I noticed Goulds rant on the weekend in the SMH about the government and the poker machine tax, is it coincidental that he is now the boss of Penrith and he wants more money from the leagues club?

I did not see that mentioned in his article, that if they dropped it, his club could get more cash from the biggest club in Australia.

:shock:

VictoryFC

Bench
Sterlo has it the worst. You can see he just wants to get back to talking about the game. Gould is good in that there are long periods where he won't say anything, which is what a colour commentator should be, but when he does chime in it can be inane. Their arguments were a bit of a novelty at first, but I agree its getting a bit too much. So incredibly unprofessional in 21st century sports.

2010Dragons

Bench
Their commentary is an embarrassment to the game

For once I agree with you.!!!
Gould ex Roosters coaching director who just goes on and on about nothing.
Freddy ex Roosters Dumb Ar$e coach could not put three words together how the heck did he do his half time talk to the chooks as the coach? ..."ahhh errr..dahh come on boys"

Latest posts