What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are Souths doing it again

Bumble

First Grade
nospam49™ said:
You think?

Ever heard of the Gateshead Thunder?

Ever heard of Big League?

Last years poll showed 40% of people thought Richo was the best admin in the game, 2nd being Gallop with 18%.

So I guess noone has heard of the Gateshead Thunder, or if they have they just don't care.

I was sad when souths were kicked out and was behind them coming back in, but really what have they done since coming back? They have done nothing for the game, nothing for their fans (in the way of results) and quite frankly need a kick in the arse.
Looking back why did Norths, Balmain, Wests, St george and Illawarra all have to merge? I would rather have some of those teams back and send Souths to siberia.
They are the Joke of the league, once the pride now the joke.

paulp

Juniors
parra-matters said:
I was sad when souths were kicked out and was behind them coming back in, but really what have they done since coming back? They have done nothing for the game, nothing for their fans (in the way of results) and quite frankly need a kick in the arse.
Looking back why did Norths, Balmain, Wests, St george and Illawarra all have to merge? I would rather have some of those teams back and send Souths to siberia.

Big Call from a Parra supporter !
can I remind you of the two bigest jokes in rugby league
Denis Fitzgerald & Brian Smith
razz.gif

paulp said:
Big Call from a Parra supporter !
can I remind you of the two bigest jokes in rugby league
Denis Fitzgerald & Brian Smith
razz.gif
Look at our last 25 years compared to Souths.
Parra= 6 Grand Finals 4 Wins.
Souths= No Grand Finals.
Coaches-
Smith has coached sides to 3 GF's.
McRae is a rookie to NRL done nothing.
CEO's-
Fitzy been at the same club for over 20 years and never had any finance problems.
Richo has done well but has been all over the place Sharks, England, Penrith and now Souths.

Our club is going a 1000 times better than Souths.
The Joke is the Bunnies.
I would rather have Fitzy and Smith than anything Souths have.

by the way-
Parra-matters 900 posts
paulp 1 post.

I rest my case!

Bumble

First Grade
parra-matters said:
I rest my case!

Well "your case" sucks.

I never heard Shane Richardson saying we should scrap the conversion

I never heard Shane Richardson calling for us to merge with Rugby Union.

The fact that Fitzgerald hasn't been sacked isn't testament to his ability as a CEO, it's because he CAN'T be sacked from the football club as long as he is the chairman of the leagues club, which he IS doing a quality job of running.

Smith - 3 GFs...how many winners?
McCrae - Took a Hull side with NOTHING from obscurity to 3rd place in the ESL last year.

Bumble

First Grade
parra-matters said:
They have done nothing for the game, nothing for their fans (in the way of results) and quite frankly need a kick in the arse.

We got kicked out and stripped of all our players. Since our return your high payed players and "supercoach" have made the finals pnly once more than us, and were knocked out in the first round.

Seems like NOTHING in terms of results too!

supermario

Juniors
From being 80 minutes short of a premiership in 2001 to a pack of nuffies with a crap coach and a dictator as CEO. yeah parra have done much better than souths ! NOT !

Parra is merley a shadow of what it was and as long as smith and Fitzgerald are there will never regain glory !

ozboy

Juniors
All this news has got me thinking about how comfortable I will be next year when I turn up to a game late and still have a spare 70 000 seats to pick from rather than the usual 30 000

thomo

Juniors
parra-matters said:
They didn't have to merge. Apart from Norths, they all chose to merge.

parra-matters said:
Hard to argue with that at the moment. However, even if supporters of other clubs can't see it, there has been dramatic improvements at Souths off the field in the last 12-18 months:

- Piggins, Tapp and Langmack out
- Pappas, Richardson and McRae in
- the hiring of a full-time recruitment officer for the first time that I can remember
- a football club that for the first time since 2002, will show a healthy profit in 2006 thanks to changes made by Richardson since he came to the club (Telstra, Souths Juniors taking over the running of the lower grades, Real Insurance and The Cinderella Man sponsorships and a host of administrative cost savings)

Sure we are still struggling on the field and are probably not much better off in terms of depth than we were 3 years ago. However, Pappas and Richardson have made the changes necessary to get us going in the right direction. On-field performance is the next part of the process. It isn't going to be easy for Souths to lure big name players for next year but we would be less likely if Piggins, Tapp and Langmack were still running the joint.

Our juniors are starting to filter through now too. Last week, for the first time since readmission, the majority of our premier league team was made up of Souths juniors. Sutton is the first real good quality one to come through but there are others only a year or two behind him. We now have the set-up right off the field to limit the loss of these players to other teams.

On Piggins, I really just wish he would stay away from the media. Even though he has nothing to do with the football club anymore, he is the first one the journos go to because they know he is good for a headline.

iam not a souths man,but one thing i do know.is when souths got kicked out,all the grass root stuff suffered,junior comps and structure etc.Well you can have all the money in the world but these things probably take ten years or more to get back to a strong healthy state.The nrl needs souths,they were a great club and still are.I think like sheens at the tigers,they have to start at the bottom,gets some great juniors and develope them and try and jag the right super star

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
who cares, they'll still continue to play like a pack of dopey morons who've never seen a rugby league game before.

Thats what happens when you try and buy premierships at a club that is used to failure

Tigerpete

Juniors
They do and they've got a few good juniors coming through. Souths need to get it through their thick skulls and realise money will buy them nothing.I think George Piggins has been on the pipe if he seriously thinks his club is going to recruit top shelf players. They just lost Fletcher, about to lose Harrison while Luke McDougall is bound to come to the attention of other NRL clubs, now where is the reward of signing with souths. It could well be a pay check that turns into the pension.

You all missed the point.
Nothing has changed at Souths. Piggins still has too much say.
Really I think Souths need to relocate they are dead if they stay based in Sydney.
There are plenty of places for them to rebuild, Central coast or Adeilade for starters.

Jae

Juniors
As much as I wish Souths would disappear never to return, I'd be more than happy watching new superstars Stu Kelly and Shane Elford taking on actual football teams in Adelaide. It's better to watch a sh*t team get flogged by good teams than watch nothing at all.

Latest posts