What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are the Young Bronco Forwards Soft?

gitano

Juniors
If they can hang on Pangai, Haas, Ofahengaue, Fifita and Lodge, they will have the best pack in the comp in 2 to 3 years time.

The hype is warranted.
Again, depends what you class as best.
Someone who makes a highlight reel a few times a year? Or someone who gets it done each week? They each have a long long way to go, and need runs on the board consistently.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Way to early to say their soft... and I don’t really think they are...but it’s an interesting hypothesis to throw out. Will definitely watch it and see...

Btw the comment on players like Graham giving direction are spot on. Add in the attitudes of Friz and Sims and it’s a great environment to develop the younger players...

Coffs dragon

Bench
They'll be right in there when the whips are cracked in August & Septmber. They need some time to adapt to a new coach & style. Too much size and talent to right off after just one round. I say beware of the bucking Broncos when their systems click!

dragon thomo

Juniors
There pack has got talent but every team needs a hard nosed forward. The mistake the Bronkos made was letting go McGuire. Its only early days but i could not understand people saying they are one of the favourites for the comp. There is a big ? Over there halves.

SnowDragon

Juniors
Yeah... remember that Seibold has a style that will take time to mature, when it does (unfortunately) I think they will suddenly click...

Anyway, let’s not worry for now... we have some cowboys to run over first... and their pack may be ready!

BLM01

First Grade
OK, I am sticking my neck out here because the young Bronco forwards are super talented, but are they a tad soft? No doubt they have come through their junior grades monstering other kids, but as we all know, 1st grade NRL is another matter entirely.

They have lost very experienced hard head leaders in Thaiday, Sims and McGuire this year and when the going gets tough you want to be able to stand under the goal-posts and have a tough nut tell you some home truths and then to lead the way. Who does that now for them?

The way Felise terrorised them last night and the way Sims terrorised at Suncorp in September last year just has me thinking about them. I remember a young Lance Thompson commenting about the impact Craig Smith had on the Dragons pack back in 1999 when he arrived. Thompson said they were scared of Smith and that you understood that you did as you were told. Neville Costigan had a similar impact (alongside Beau Scott) back in 2009-10. You understood there were mongrels in the pack.

Of course I am eating a large humble pie if they go on and win the comp......but? Now I'm ducking for cover!!!!!!!!
Simply, looking at our forwards without JDB that Mary would pick in his Top 17 I would swap a couple of ours with theirs.

This Year?

Immortal
They may have been a little underwhelming on Thursday night, but I'm sure when we go there in round 3 they will be looking to restore some pride after their last start against us.