What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we a chance on Sunday?

parra_jesus

Juniors
Jess, The Eels are also brutal. The great thing about the Eels is they have already perfected an intense style of game that operates at great speed for 80 minutes under sudden death conditions. THIS IS A FACT. No other team has practised this skill with great success bar the Eels.

We have a great bunch of full-on 80 minute perpetual motion freaks who cover up both sides of the ruck, up the middle & out wide. No other team in the comp has this.

And then there is this unpredictable 2nd/3rd/4th/5th phase play which involves most of the Eels players and then there is Jarryd Hayne, Mateo & Inu (he is peaking at the right time), three absolute freaks who cause nightmares for any defence. And if Cayless plays, we have him + Hindmarsh, Lowrie, Fui, Galuvao, Grothe (as an extra forward) & sometimes Mannah & a few other Eels, instigating 2nd/3rd/4th/5th phase plays as well.

Don't be surprised that Craig Bellamy & Co will be having kittens every night they go to bed thinking about how to stop this relentless Eels Juggernaut. As long as the Eels maintain the standard of pressure (or increase it) as they have done so over the last 10 weeks (bar round 26 against Dragons), DA will be able to concentrate on tinkering with the Eels attack & defence, a luxury that Bellamy & co WILL NOT HAVE.

The perfect foundations have already been laid, the perfect base ingredients of a great meal/salad are in place. DA only now has to gently tinker with this Eels Juggernaut and he will do this by targeting/isolating various Storm players and send in his brutal attackers and defenders like Fui, Inu, Hayne, Grothe (yes, use him as a hitman in this game) etc WHILE THE JUGGERNAUT ROLLS ON IN DEFENSE AND ATTACK.

If I was DA and while most of the Eels will be absorbing everything the Storm throw at them for the first 20 minutes, I would both in attack and defence be targeting and isolating Chambers, Nielsen, Finch, Smith and Slater. In attack I would be sending in Fui on Smith and Inu/Grothe/Mateo on Chambers and Nielsen.

Yes, but not as important unless they can be isolated, I would also test out Tolman, Tandy, Anderson & Hinchcliffe up the middle of the ruck or just either side of the ruck with some of our big fast brutal boppers as well.

These 4 players (Chambers, Nielsen, Finch, Smith) can have brain explosions if put under the pump. In defence other Storm players will come in to assist leaving gaps/broken staggered lines in their defence and I will have coached Ben Smith, Reddy, Hayne, Burt, Lowrie, etc, to look for these gaps and begin to run lines at them (as the game unfolds) to set off 2nd phase plays with inside or outside balls.

If other Storm defenders come rushing in to plug these holes then quickly send the ball out wide (out back) via Robson to either Hayne or Mortimer (both operating either side of the ruck) to begin attacking these other holes which will lead to tries or 2nd/3rd phase plays.

If Slater has come in to assist a small kick over or through the line will do or have three players running at the hole and pass the ball to either or, depending on how the desperate defence comes in to tackle.

As DA, I would want the Storm to become desperate about their defence so that they gradually lose their speed in attack, particularly to slow Smith down in the ruck.

Also, I would have Hayne, Burt, Reddy and Mortimer keeping an eye on Inglis roaming as he did against the Broncos the other night. There is a very good chance if the ball turns over quickly that he can be tied up holding up the frontline leaving Nielsen, Chambers, Finch & Slater isolated, and if so, send in Hayne, Inu, Mateo etc on them.

This is how the Eels will wear down this Storm team who are truly under-done if put under the pump in a full-on 80 minute game of immense intensity.

If the Eels break the Storm within the first 35 minutes they will run away with this game. The Storm are not the same team that won the GF back in 2007 or even back in 1999.

With an engine running perfectly, serviced regularly that all you have to do is drive the car and enjoy the journey (not having to worry about the engine), DA has opened up an enormous array of other options to attack the Storm with, options not available if the engine was out of tune or wonky.

If the Eels became nervous and lose confidence then the Eels engine is out of tune and Bellamy and co are given the opportunity on a plate to overtake this Eel machine with a better performing squad. This can only happen if the present Eels squad let it happen, and I just can't see how Hindmarsh, Cayless, Burt, Hayne, Galuvao & others will invite in such a scenario. There are no out of control EGO'S in this squad and Robson is a most fantastic calming influence over the whole team as well.

Robson to win the Churchill Medal. Eels to win 25+

enough said right there! after reading that post im 100 % more confident of a eels victory... i dont know who you are casper but you know your sh*t..... casper for a coaching role in some capacity within the club , would def do a better job than daisy has done with the under 20's squad

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Im using my other half login, but I am a Parra supporter.

Can anybody tell me if we have beaten the Storm in any finals match we have played against them? I can only remember losing ones.:(

No, lost in 1999 (Brian Smith), 2006 (Jason Taylor) & 2007 (Michael Hagan). The last two were very close games the Eels could have won if the ball and the refs bounced their way fairly. The first one, The Brick With Eyes in the 2nd half brought the Storm back into the game and they went on to defeat the choking Eels fairly and squarely.

St Dragon

Juniors
No, lost in 1999 (Brian Smith), 2006 (Jason Taylor) & 2007 (Michael Hagan). The last two were very close games the Eels could have won if the ball and the refs bounced their way fairly. The first one, the Brick with no eyes in the 2nd half brought the Storm back into the game and they went on to defeat the choking Eels fairly and squarely.

Thanks for that..

I said to husband after we won againt Saints that after losing to them for the past few years it was more probable for us to win. Same as when Saints lost to Bris at Suncorp. Bris hadnt won there against Saints for ages so again it was more likely that Bris will win... So hopefully my theory is the same with us against the Storm LOL

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Thanks for that..

I said to husband after we won againt Saints that after losing to them for the past few years it was more probable for us to win. Same as when Saints lost to Bris at Suncorp. Bris hadnt won there against Saints for ages so again it was more likely that Bris will win... So hopefully my theory is the same with us against the Storm LOL

The real difference compared to the previous Eels teams who lost to the Storm is Daniel Anderson, Paul Osborne, The New Board Of Directors, All the Eels superstars (Sterling, Price, Kenny, Ella, Grothe, Cronin, etc) back intermingling with the present squad and the squad of players themselves led by non-ego tripping Cayless, Hindmarsh, Burt, Joe G etc.

Jess, The Eels are also brutal. The great thing about the Eels is they have already perfected an intense style of game that operates at great speed for 80 minutes under sudden death conditions. THIS IS A FACT. No other team has practised this skill with great success bar the Eels.

We have a great bunch of full-on 80 minute perpetual motion freaks who cover up both sides of the ruck, up the middle & out wide. No other team in the comp has this.

And then there is this unpredictable 2nd/3rd/4th/5th phase play which involves most of the Eels players and then there is Jarryd Hayne, Mateo & Inu (he is peaking at the right time), three absolute freaks who cause nightmares for any defence. And if Cayless plays, we have him + Hindmarsh, Lowrie, Fui, Galuvao, Grothe (as an extra forward) & sometimes Mannah & a few other Eels, instigating 2nd/3rd/4th/5th phase plays as well.

Don't be surprised that Craig Bellamy & Co will be having kittens every night they go to bed thinking about how to stop this relentless Eels Juggernaut. As long as the Eels maintain the standard of pressure (or increase it) as they have done so over the last 10 weeks (bar round 26 against Dragons), DA will be able to concentrate on tinkering with the Eels attack & defence, a luxury that Bellamy & co WILL NOT HAVE.

The perfect foundations have already been laid, the perfect base ingredients of a great meal/salad are in place. DA only now has to gently tinker with this Eels Juggernaut and he will do this by targeting/isolating various Storm players and send in his brutal attackers and defenders like Fui, Inu, Hayne, Grothe (yes, use him as a hitman in this game) etc WHILE THE JUGGERNAUT ROLLS ON IN DEFENSE AND ATTACK.

If I was DA and while most of the Eels will be absorbing everything the Storm throw at them for the first 20 minutes, I would both in attack and defence be targeting and isolating Chambers, Nielsen, Finch, Smith and Slater. In attack I would be sending in Fui on Smith and Inu/Grothe/Mateo on Chambers and Nielsen.

Yes, but not as important unless they can be isolated, I would also test out Tolman, Tandy, Anderson & Hinchcliffe up the middle of the ruck or just either side of the ruck with some of our big fast brutal boppers as well.

These 4 players (Chambers, Nielsen, Finch, Smith) can have brain explosions if put under the pump. In defence other Storm players will come in to assist leaving gaps/broken staggered lines in their defence and I will have coached Ben Smith, Reddy, Hayne, Burt, Lowrie, etc, to look for these gaps and begin to run lines at them (as the game unfolds) to set off 2nd phase plays with inside or outside balls.

If other Storm defenders come rushing in to plug these holes then quickly send the ball out wide (out back) via Robson to either Hayne or Mortimer (both operating either side of the ruck) to begin attacking these other holes which will lead to tries or 2nd/3rd phase plays.

If Slater has come in to assist a small kick over or through the line will do or have three players running at the hole and pass the ball to either or, depending on how the desperate defence comes in to tackle.

As DA, I would want the Storm to become desperate about their defence so that they gradually lose their speed in attack, particularly to slow Smith down in the ruck.

Also, I would have Hayne, Burt, Reddy and Mortimer keeping an eye on Inglis roaming as he did against the Broncos the other night. There is a very good chance if the ball turns over quickly that he can be tied up holding up the frontline leaving Nielsen, Chambers, Finch & Slater isolated, and if so, send in Hayne, Inu, Mateo etc on them.

This is how the Eels will wear down this Storm team who are truly under-done if put under the pump in a full-on 80 minute game of immense intensity.

If the Eels break the Storm within the first 35 minutes they will run away with this game. The Storm are not the same team that won the GF back in 2007 or even back in 1999.

With an engine running perfectly, serviced regularly that all you have to do is drive the car and enjoy the journey (not having to worry about the engine), DA has opened up an enormous array of other options to attack the Storm with, options not available if the engine was out of tune or wonky.

If the Eels became nervous and lose confidence then the Eels engine is out of tune and Bellamy and co are given the opportunity on a plate to overtake this Eel machine with a better performing squad. This can only happen if the present Eels squad let it happen, and I just can't see how Hindmarsh, Cayless, Burt, Hayne, Galuvao & others will invite in such a scenario. There are no out of control EGO'S in this squad and Robson is a most fantastic calming influence over the whole team as well.

Robson to win the Churchill Medal. Eels to win 25+
Wow!casper, that brought a tear to my eye reading that.
Your not DA are you?
You know your stuff!

I BELIEVE!!

torres

Juniors
I'm a Roosters fan, and I can't see how Parramatta is actually going to lose this game.

The Eels' defence is outstanding, I think you match up in the forwards and Fuifui is in great form.

Parramatta is battle-hardened. They have been playing finals football for three months now and have shown they can handle any team. Melbourne are playing well but they have not been placed in a pressure situation for 5 or 6 weeks. If they concede a few tries players like Finch, Will Chambers, Steve Turner and even Billy Slater are prone to a few brain explosions as they try and catch up.

Your backs are on fire. Every time you are in the opposition's danger end you look a threat.

If you can contain Inglis and put some pressure on Cronk and Cameron Smith I think the Eels will win easily.

If you score a couple of early tries it could get ugly again for the Storm, like it did last year.

I honestly think the Eels will win by 18 or so, good luck to all the Eels fans on the weekend.

forty7

Juniors
Are we a chance? absofreakinglutely!
How can any team stop the Steamroller known as the Parra Eels now they have their mojo!

(...and what a great 47th birthday for me this year if they do! lol)

go Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeels !