What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are We Buying Him To Replace Grothe??? Blake Ferguson

Stagger eel

Staff member
No mate. I don't speak to the press, unlike others connected to the club and contributors to this forum.

contributers from this forum???? :lol::lol::lol:

I'm not sure who you're talking about but I hardly believe that a bunch punters on a forum have enough pull to influence the press...

Stagger eel

Staff member
just adding a liitle intrigue into the Zappia rumour, I think Ray Hadley also revealed that he will be back at the club although it appears that it's gone unnoticed in here..

contributers from this forum???? :lol::lol::lol:

I'm not sure who you're talking about but I hardly believe that a bunch punters on a forum have enough pull to influence the press...
I don't know about that, i know someone who got a few emails from Paul Kent around club election time and some of the reply was used in a article the next day.

Suitman

Post Whore
just adding a liitle intrigue into the Zappia rumour, I think Ray Hadley also revealed that he will be back at the club although it appears that it's gone unnoticed in here..

Maybe because no one in here listens to him anymore?

Suity

murraymob

Coach
why would anyone want Osborne replaced with Zappia.Considering the dramas at parra that Osborne has had to contend with and handle well as he has and replace him with a guy who achieved what at the sharks
As for Stuart he is a over rated coach who has not put Cronulla in a better position from when he arrived to when he left

Stagger eel

Staff member
I don't know about that, i know someone who got a few emails from Paul Kent around club election time and some of the reply was used in a article the next day.

ok, then maybe I'm just naive then..but that was during an extraodinary time in the clubs history, I know one of our fellow members works in the industry but I wouldn't imagine any of us having enough pull for a scoop..

ok, then maybe I'm just naive then..but that was during an extraodinary time in the clubs history, I know one of our fellow members works in the industry but I wouldn't imagine any of us having enough pull for a scoop..
Well it wasn't a scoop but part of the email was used as the headline even thou the person was asked not to be quoted in anyway.

lingard

Coach
Didn't we just cut Krisnan Inu for being on around 200 -250K? At 120K ferguson might be ok. But if his reason for leaving the Sharks is because he wants to win a premiership then joining the Eels ..... [?!@#$!]

I mean I want us to win a premiership and I think we can get there. But sometimes it just seems that we do everything to not get there. Like playing people out of position. Forgetting to recruit a halfback. Letting all the rookie halfbacks leave. Paying 250K for a winger. Not fixing MK's issues at hooker and not having a backup hooker. Muzzling Feleti Mateo. Not backing up offloads. Fielding a team with four 5/8's....

I see what you are saying; but don`t you think that if Inu, Mateo, Mortimer and Kris Keating had actually played anywhere near their 'potential' this year, we`d be easily in the top six now? Maybe the top four? I think our plight this year rests firmly on those four players` heads. Big disappointments, all four. I suppose you could throw in Matt Keating too, but I never rated him anyway.

Haynzy

First Grade
Anyone who contributes to this forum talks to the press... they may not necessarily realise it though.

H0WZAT

Juniors
Back on Ferguson. This guy just looks like the perfect fit for the Roosters. Loads of potential, but he will take the coin, have his head even further inserted up his own arse and then be an overpaid nuffie they will try to offload in 18 months.

roboshark

Coach
:lol: @ his reasons for leaving ..... I think he forgot to mention "oh yeah and I want alot more money" .... fmd at least be honest mate .... ricky isn't gonna be where ever you go next - ricky chose to leave, they didn't boot him .... the sharks are probably in a better position now than a while back, but you didn't want to leave then? - maybe wouldn't have got as much money back then hey :roll:

if i were the sharks I'd drop him to reserves the rest of the year - I've got no problem with players leaving, but at least be honest about it and have decent justification ..... if he was a Parra player doing this the fans would think he has horns growing out hte top of his head

spot on

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Sorry but am I missing something ? Where does it say in the OP that we are buying him ?

Gronk, Now that he is on the market I was just asking the question to the Eels procurement dept...
I think he would be a good buy but then Strider & Stagger have brought up some good points about $$$$$me, me, me, i, i, i, mine, mine, mine$$$$$$$.
Everytime I have seen him play he was very impressive, was powerful, smart, aggressive, in your face, not lazy, skillful and confident.
If we get him for $120k + incentives over the next two years, learning from Tahu & co, he could be anything this kid...
Worth the risk as all players are duruing their developing faze who show pottential.
He might not be an Inglis but if he performs to his full-potential year in year out, without an unfortunate attitude, he could be one of our best buys in years.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
When do you see Grothe ready for 1st grade week in week out?

Point taken... Eric puts a lot of wreckage into his runs so is more injury prone than some other wingers. With his speed at wreckage point his knees, ankles, hamstrings, etc, would be under great strain and pressure to give way.......

What about this kid... is he a wrecker like Eric or a different style of winger????

TheRam

Coach
Back on Ferguson. This guy just looks like the perfect fit for the Roosters. Loads of potential, but he will take the coin, have his head even further inserted up his own arse and then be an overpaid nuffie they will try to offload in 18 months.

That's my tip for where he will end up also, if he leaves the Sharks.

yy_cheng

Coach
on the other site, someone mentioned what about Patty Richards as a replacement. Some mould as Grothe