What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we gonna see a big scoreline?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
The last 3 times Great Britain has beaten Australia (before the game in Sydney), Australia has come out the next game and smashed them.

1994- GB beat Australia 8-4, next game Australia beat GB 38-8
2001- GB beat Australia 20-12, next game Australia beat GB 40-12
2004- GB beat Australia 23-12, next game Australia beat GB 44-4

Will this trend continue? We dont like losing to the Poms so we really come out firing the next game.

mxlegend99

Referee
One can only hope. I want to face NZ in the Final. Pay them back for last year (The ANZAC test match wasn't payback enough)

Jeffles

Bench
I made the same observation but I don't think it will necessarily happen this week. A lot of this trend would have played itself out last week last week when GB were thrashed by NZ. I think last week's capitulation was a result of their cockiness from having beaten Australia.

Hindmarshfan

Juniors
depends, if the Roos go out there with a "pass and hope" attitude like their last couple of games it will be close again i think.
if they click. could be anything 40 or 50? especially if its a barmy brisbane night. i don;t know,, the aussie form leaves nothing to get fired up about. before this series i thought Ricky Stuart was the man to get some passion back into the Roos ,, but some of his decisions have been head scratchers . they just seem to have the spark the last few games. the Anzac test was typical Roos form but since them, they just don;t seem to have that killer instinct. guess no Kennedy , Johns, Buderus . ,Hopefully we will see their best on sat night. Thursto back in with Lockyer should love being back at Lang Park so hopefully they will all fire up in front of a big crowd. I really want to see an Aus/ NZ final. . Good to see Kite in the starting lineup

Scubby

Juniors
Hindmarshfan said:
depends, if the Roos go out there with a "pass and hope" attitude like their last couple of games it will be close again i think.
if they click. could be anything 40 or 50? especially if its a barmy brisbane night. i don;t know,, the aussie form leaves nothing to get fired up about. before this series i thought Ricky Stuart was the man to get some passion back into the Roos ,, but some of his decisions have been head scratchers . they just seem to have the spark the last few games. the Anzac test was typical Roos form but since them, they just don;t seem to have that killer instinct. guess no Kennedy , Johns, Buderus . ,Hopefully we will see their best on sat night. Thursto back in with Lockyer should love being back at Lang Park so hopefully they will all fire up in front of a big crowd. I really want to see an Aus/ NZ final. . Good to see Kite in the starting lineup

We faded badly in the second half which is a real worry. I just hope we are leading or very close come the hour mark or we could run out of steam badly. The forwards have really got to stand up and the defence has to be at its best or we could be in big trouble.

Fingers crossed for a fantastic GB performance - well from me anyway :D

miccle

Bench
I too am hoping for a great GB performance. Not good enough to win, of course, but seeing both sides play out a skillful and close game would be outstanding.

On that line, I'm hoping for a margin of around 12.

26-14 at full-time for mine. Aussies up 14-10 at half time.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Australia isn't feared as it once was. GB will be beaten i believe but by a closeish margin....Australia 26 - 16 GB.

Australia will then either flog the crap out of NZ or NZ will flog Australia.

Going to be an interesting couple of games either way you cut it.

Mr Saab

Referee
13 plus....Saabs lock of the year.
Only paying 1.53 though.
Poms are in all sorts.
Fieldens heart is not in it (understandable)
Long has been sent home.
Backline is a rabble.

Hindmarshfan

Juniors
Fingers crossed for a fantastic GB performance - well from me anyway

I agree , i just hope its without controversial ref decisions.

I think one area GB has improved greatly is their line defence. even though they were spanked the other night they did produce some great defence against a red hot NZ side at times. I have a feeling it will be tested against the Roos' on saturday night. IF the Roos' forwards turn up their intensity with Cam Smith / Berrigan more creative around rucks, and Thursto chomping at at the bit ,, with all that talent in the back line, it could be interesting. I fancy the Roos in Brisbane, 30 -6 . Thats all dependant on their intensity. i agree The Roo's have looked very tired.

miccle

Bench
All set for a very dry track after some weird weather this week mate.

Beatiful, sunny and warm outside today. Hoping it stays that way for the quality of the game and the size of the crowd :)

screeny

Bench
For all the talk of it being a 'must win' game in the Roos camp, it isn't. And deep, deep down the Aussies know they are superior to the Brits.

I'm in no way suggesting any skullduggery, but RL being such a mental game, I cannot see the Australians being as focused on this match as they would usually be. Their subconscious will be telling them a) we're already in the final and b) holy crap GB are easy beats in the final - NZ ain't.

I can see a GB victory for all the wrong reasons. Thankfully Noble has picked a sh*te side again.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
kia ora storm said:
Aussie by 18...GB have had it. Too predictable and no playmaker.

And what about in the 20th minute when Australia brings on their first interchange players ?

Latest posts