What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are we the real deal in 2016?

Dogs Of War

Coach
Not sold on Morris at the back. He doesn't have the ball skills. And in this day and age, Fullback should be an extra 5/8th and able to contribute where fit. It's rare that a ball running only Fullback is great (ala Dugan who is a big man).

Someone else said to me, why not Mbye at the back. He has the speed and playmakign skills to go well at Fullback. If we get Foran, we have a halves pairing, and then it's just working out how to make hooker work. Yes we signed one junior from Canberra, but reports are that he needs another season in NSW Cup. Garvey could be good enough to start for a season if he knows he is getting the role, and puts in the work.

So my lineup would like something like this...

1. M.Mbye
2. BMoz
3. JMoz
4. Hoppa/Idris if he signs
5. Brenko Lee

dogz08

First Grade
i can definitely see mbye playing a moylan role from fullback.. if we could get tolman and graham out of the way after tackle 3 but..

Dogs Of War

Coach
Don't want to start a new thread. Plenty of stuff I'm hearing happening behind the scenes support staff wise.

Anyone have thoughts on this? It's good to shake up the place. Though Dean Pay I'm not sure on. Defense coach who has controlled Parra and Raiders, neither of which I think is particularly good defensively. I think the current coach does a good job given that we hand possession over in good field position so often (from a poor kicking game). Pay's only plus is that he is ex-Bulldogs, but personally I think that is overated.

lafai

Bench
Not sold on Morris at the back. He doesn't have the ball skills. And in this day and age, Fullback should be an extra 5/8th and able to contribute where fit. It's rare that a ball running only Fullback is great (ala Dugan who is a big man).

Someone else said to me, why not Mbye at the back. He has the speed and playmakign skills to go well at Fullback. If we get Foran, we have a halves pairing, and then it's just working out how to make hooker work. Yes we signed one junior from Canberra, but reports are that he needs another season in NSW Cup. Garvey could be good enough to start for a season if he knows he is getting the role, and puts in the work.

So my lineup would like something like this...

1. M.Mbye
2. BMoz
3. JMoz
4. Hoppa/Idris if he signs
5. Brenko Lee

Who plays in the halves?

Dogs Of War

Coach
Who plays in the halves?

We need to find a halfback. Just spitballing cause we need a fullback, half back and hooker. I personally believe with the team we have the rest of it is fine. It's just our spine is below par, and thats what needs a shake up.

dogz08

First Grade
well i think we need to go with a smaller forward pack next year, and please keep kasiano on the bench until the 20th minute lol

Dogs Of War

Coach
well i think we need to go with a smaller forward pack next year, and please keep kasiano on the bench until the 20th minute lol

Never got why Des at times starts him. He is half as effective.

From the signings we got, it seems we will have a smaller forward pack comign through. You need a decent mix, otherwise you end up like the Dragons with no big boppers, and no go forward.

To be honest, if the forwards didn't get the ball so much for the Dogs, I think we would have done heaps better. Mbye given we didn't get a halfback, really needs to learn how to lead. We will still have the poor kickign game though.

Latest posts