What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are you sick of always losing to Souths?

Swampdonkey

Juniors
Souths have a strong team on paper and they have alot of passion at the moment, they would think they are a good show this weekend....

Unfortunately, I think they are a good show as well. Some people seem to think that it is a given that we should beat Souths, but maybe Souths are a better team than the Tigers when it comes to the crunch, I mean there must be something other than co-incidence + complacency for us to have only beaten Souths once since becoming the Wests Tigers, they seem to always want it more.

Every time we lose to Souths it seems that we played poorly or were complacent, I don't think there are any excuses this time, if we don't beat Souths we don't deserve to be in the finals......

I don't share the visions of some that see us beating Souths easily this weekend, I think that it will be a very close match and deep down I honestly feel that we have about as much chance of beating Souths as we do the Broncos in a fortnight.

I hope the boys turn up to play this game like the Grand Final, if they play like they did last week then they will most certainly lose.........

tigerstu

Juniors
Totally agree with you swamp!!! As much as I want the Tigs to get up... I know it aint gonna be easy and it aint gonna be pretty!!! But hoping for a sell out crowd, old jerseys, finals incentive... anything can happen!!!

magpiemax

Juniors
I tell you what I'M REALLY SICK OF SEEING:

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database :roll: :roll: :roll:

Gobbso

Juniors
Souths will go into the game full of confidence knowing that they have the upper hand against Wests Tigers. Something Wests will have to put an end to if they are serious about making their first ever finals appearance in their short history. It's now or never.

magpiemax

Juniors
Like Daley said if we can't beat South's with a full house and the semi's on the line, how the hell are we going to beat the Rooster's and Bulldog's in the final's. #-o

BJ

Juniors
It's a crunch game for us.. and if they don't win this weekend then any chance of semi's are out the window and it's the same old story of what could have been and looking forward to next year.. i hope the tiges can get up.. it's going tobe a good game.. depending on what tigers team turns up..

magpiemax

Juniors
BJ said:
It's a crunch game for us.. and if they don't win this weekend then any chance of semi's are out the window and it's the same old story of what could have been and looking forward to next year.. i hope the tiges can get up.. it's going tobe a good game.. depending on what tigers team turns up..
Yeah.......Seem's as though we are gaining some momentum and are improving with each year.
I think the crunch for us will be next year and wether we can keep the likes of Benji Marshall for the year after.But in saying that Benji still has to prove his worth. :?

BJ

Juniors
just on benji there has been a few young players make their debut this year and have made more of a mark on the game then benji.. without as much publicity..
karmichael hunt
sonny bill williams
and to a lesser extent joe williams..

injuries probably haven't helped benji and no doubt the potential is there for him.. hopefully next year he can have a great year and give it a good shake for us and show us what we all want to see.. him finally making his mark on the game.. this year he has created the excitment but in all honesty hasn't taken the game and played to be the match winner we all want him to be.. yes he's still young and yes he will have learnt alot from this season.. but hopefully next year he comes back a wiser player and the team will be better for it..

cadburys

Juniors
Your'e damn right i'm sick of it, even showing that snippet from the first round match last night on fox p.....d me off. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Also have to agree with magpiemax.

That database messsge gives me the s...s no end.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Wrighty79

Juniors
Am I the only one who knows we'll do the Bunnies, in a canter??? I have so much faith in our boys it is unbelievable. And I'm a realist, not a dreamer. But coming into the finals, I have so much faith in our boys, it isn't funny!

TIGERPies

Juniors
magpiemax said:

im with u on that one magpie

Wrighty79

Juniors
magpiemax said:

I just thought that it was my work PC. Good to see I'm not the only one who gets that error. I hope it doesn't mean that this forum will crash sometime soon :(

HOT028

Juniors
we will smash the rabbits, i think souths will go into the game to confident and will get rolled by atleast 20.

Juniors
I will be happy with a one point win but it would be good to have a big win for F/A. But as long as we win our remaning games we will be there.

Tigerpete

Juniors
Words cannot describe how i feel about this game. Yes we usually do lose to the bunnies, but the difference this time is we're playing for our season, any chance of complacency SHOULDN'T arise. Gone are the days where i thought we'll beat the bunnies as i saw them as easy beats, their performance over the last month has been boyond respectable and if we dont turn up, there's no 2 ways about it, we'll get beat.

To win we have to play at our best, i know last week we found a way to win while not at our best but this week we wont be given that same latitude. We need to stamp our class early and hope that it gets us on top of them cuz if we can get on top of them, it may not put them away but it will go along way to doing so. There are some weaknesses we can exploit :

Joe Williams: He's the architect for the side, everything comes through him, but he's proven and this is not unexpected that if you put the pressure on him he'll crack, Like Prince, when he runs you got to show him the respect.

The Backline: Very Inexperienced other than Hookey , Rigon and Craigie. its seems they've picked a side to try a thwart our outside backs, im expecting them up in our face trying to limit the amount of ball our wide men get.

Discipline : Still a problem with Souths. Too many penalties and lots of them back to back. We can up the tempo we might just string a few penalties out of it as a result.

Still none of that will be worth bothering with if we cant match the Enthusiam and Passion on them on the day, time and time again this is where they've beaten us.

Latest posts