What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

arl announcements

LESStar58

Referee
Diehard said:
This is shithouse. The test match should have been at Brisbane. The Kangaroos should be treated like the Wannabies. Play at big stadiums and go for big crowds. We could have gotten 40,000 for sure, which would have been great for international rl. And Brisbane hasn't had a test match in 5 years and the one before that was years before that.

A 25,000 sell out just seems weak. Even though it is going to a deserving RL city. I just wish there were more internationals in Australia to go around. So Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Townsville and Newcastle can all get a fair turn.

Ill still be driving down to see the Kangaroos. But Im so dissapointed they wont be in my backyard at Lang Park. :cry:

As Steve sums up. The game goes to a deserving RL city and the advantages include better crowds for big matches in Brisbane and Sydney but overall is a step backwards. I couldn't agree more.

Diehard has a point. Suncorp is a magnificent venue and I don't think they've had a Kangaroo Test there since 1999 against Great Britain. Think they just built it si that other game could have a venue for THEIR world cup.

LESStar58

Referee
Diehard said:
This is shithouse. The test match should have been at Brisbane. The Kangaroos should be treated like the Wannabies. Play at big stadiums and go for big crowds. We could have gotten 40,000 for sure, which would have been great for international rl. And Brisbane hasn't had a test match in 5 years and the one before that was years before that.

A 25,000 sell out just seems weak. Even though it is going to a deserving RL city. I just wish there were more internationals in Australia to go around. So Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Townsville and Newcastle can all get a fair turn.

Ill still be driving down to see the Kangaroos. But Im so dissapointed they wont be in my backyard at Lang Park. :cry:

As Steve sums up. The game goes to a deserving RL city and the advantages include better crowds for big matches in Brisbane and Sydney but overall is a step backwards. I couldn't agree more.

Diehard has a point. Suncorp is a magnificent venue and I don't think they've had a Kangaroo Test there since 1999 against Great Britain. Think they just built it si that other game could have a venue for THEIR world cup.

thescrum.co.uk

Juniors
Its been a long long time since a League test has got more then 25 thousand. Years ago they used to get huge crowds, in Australia and in GB. now they dont play tests in any of the big cities. ie Sydney, Manchester or London.. why is that? its crazy..

Kingytek

Juniors
DIEHARD said:
Jeffles said:
This gives their fans plenty of time to buy tickets, book nannies, hire limos (if their BMW is in service), dry clean their complimentary yellow scarf, purchase a new tie, etc etc.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Pretty much sums up their fan base! Got to love their complimentary yellow scarfs.

Hey DH, When was the last time Australia played in a Test Match in Brisbane?