What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Around the Grounds

Woody90

Juniors
Why do I get the feeling that that loss against the Roosters mid year is going to come back to bite us?

Honestly I’ll be annoyed if they make the finals over us.

perverse

Referee
Why do I get the feeling that that loss against the Roosters mid year is going to come back to bite us?

Just keep winning and none of it matters. If we don't make the finals from here we very much don't deserve it. We're in the box seat and running hot.

I'm legitimately at peace with whatever happens from here and have just enjoyed the ride the past couple of months. I think we're in a position to get exactly what we deserve from the season one way or another. Sure beats competing for spoons.

perverse

Referee
Did you lads see the non penalty call on Garrick during the Warriors game? How wasn't that a penalty?
Wasn't receiving a kick when he left the ground, so according to the rules he is fair play. It looked spectacular, but the alternative in the rules would be what? Anyone who jumps in the air with the ball in their hands can't be tackled?

It's a tricky one, but as it stands there's just nothing in the rulebook to cover that scenario.

Woody90

Juniors
Just keep winning and none of it matters. If we don't make the finals from here we very much don't deserve it. We're in the box seat and running hot.

I'm legitimately at peace with whatever happens from here and have just enjoyed the ride the past couple of months. I think we're in a position to get exactly what we deserve from the season one way or another. Sure beats competing for spoons.

Im actually pretty calm about the whole thing too. Make the finals, great. Don’t, will show the boys they can’t drop so many games mid season and expect to still play finals. Either way we’ve improved and things to look forward to for next year. It’s been a while since I’ve actually looked forward to the season starting again.

Apey

Staff member

A bit pedantic but if they make it, it probably wouldn't be at our expense. We can make it with only one more win but I think we will win at least 2/3. They need to win their last 2 most likely, at which point they'd probably replace Raiders due to their F/A and Raiders having Dogs, Broncos and Sharks left.

Wasn't receiving a kick when he left the ground, so according to the rules he is fair play. It looked spectacular, but the alternative in the rules would be what? Anyone who jumps in the air with the ball in their hands can't be tackled?

It's a tricky one, but as it stands there's just nothing in the rulebook to cover that scenario.
Fairly sure the ref has latitude to rule on dangerous contact, which that certainly was. It's not a direct rule against what he did exactly but it could have been penalised

perverse

Referee
Fairly sure the ref has latitude to rule on dangerous contact, which that certainly was. It's not a direct rule against what he did exactly but it could have been penalised
Would be a ballsy call for a referee to call something purely on discretion these days. Been a long time since we saw a ref use common sense on a footy field, rather than just following whatever "interpretations" have been introduced lately. I can't remember a time when a referee has penalised a team based purely on discretion outside of citing a rule that actually exists, off the top of my head anyway.

I agree, no-one would have argued with it if he had ruled that way though. It was dangerous, I wasn't trying to argue that it should be fair play to do it.

Knight Tales

Bench
Luai arm or shoulder looks gone! Any other side and you’d say that is their title gone. But it won’t harm other sides if he is absent for the finals. He may be a jerk on field but the energy he brings you cannot replicate. A huge out if he is out for a while.

Rod

Bench
Not a huge deal but not bad for us if Parra hold on here either, the Broncos should be even more motivated on Saturday with a chance at the minor premiership.

Woody90

Juniors
Gamble going to be on the bench next year to back up Hastings you think?

No way. I’d have Gamble well over Cogger. Can’t carry Crossland and Gamble both on the bench either.

If Penrith go on to win it which they probably will, wonder if Cogger will try and get out of his contract with us. I imagine there would be a few teams that would try and get him on bigger money/into their FG team if he’s a premiership winning half. Should have just kept Clune.

Haffa

No way. I’d have Gamble well over Cogger. Can’t carry Crossland and Gamble both on the bench either.

If Penrith go on to win it which they probably will, wonder if Cogger will try and get out of his contract with us. I imagine there would be a few teams that would try and get him on bigger money/into their FG team if he’s a premiership winning half. Should have just kept Clune.
It was tongue in cheek to the presumption that Cogger win the GF, mate.

I know halves are scarce but I doubt his stocks go up that much based on his ability, which is a low ceiling imo. Which clubs would see him as a FG option in the halves? Tigers have Sezer coming, Dogs have Sexton, Raiders maybe.

Winning a comp didn't do much for Sean Rudder or Shane Perry's paypackets from memory either