What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arthur's losses until 50%

IFR33K

Coach
Yeah sacking merkins is the answer. It's done so much for us since 1986.

Good. If we're going to win the comp we need every advantage we can get.

BA has had his shot. He looks like a tired man out of ideas. His tactics may work out in the bush, can’t see him having much of an impact this season. Change would be great but I guess with the extension that won’t be happening anytime soon.

IFR33K

Coach
If merkins are going to judge our coach over his entire tenure then it would be foolish in the extreme to pretend it didn't happen.

Any response that points it out is exactly that. A response to others going off their tits after only our third loss this year.

Keep the faith. Our last two games have been in supremely shitty weather which has stifled our attack. I reckon we'll finish the season strongly.

I can imagine you telling me about the scandal when it’s time to cough up the dough.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Whatever sweetheart.
I'm fine where we sit. Not happy how we are playing. If i could write it more slower and simpler for you i would
I don't think anyone is happy with how where are playing at the moment but our record is very good. We've won a lot of games we would have previously lost.

Big leap of logic between losing one game (and remaining in third place) and then going on a rant about being a top 4 side every year. You might have had a point if we weren't actually in the top f**ken 4!

emjaycee

Coach
Ok mate...
Pretty obvious what i said...yes top 4 side every year...can i put it any other way.
No more fkn spoons and genuinely competing for the comp every year like the storm and roosters..that's what i want the club to aspire to and be..
And quite frankly i don't care about the other clubs because apart from us, GC, Canberra and Warriors every other club has won a premiership in the last 20 years...

FMD, 2017 we finished 4th, 2018 anomaly, 2019 5th (one win from top 4), 2020 currently 3rd and 4 points clear of 4th.
Except for 2016 which no one understands, we have been pretty f**ken consistent since our salary cap year where we won enough games to finish 8th.

IFR33K

Coach
I don't think anyone is happy with how where are playing at the moment but our record is very good. We've won a lot of games we would have previously lost.

Big leap of logic between losing one game (and remaining in third place) and then going on a rant about being a top 4 side every year. You might have had a point if we weren't actually in the top f**ken 4!

Ummm, I think he did say top 4 every year. Not actually wait for a worldwide pandemic and be given a dream run/draw to actually come fourth or in the top 4.

Soto

Bench

Sigh and pointless

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Hahaha if u can’t recall don’t worry about the bet. Sounds like you need it more than me
I'd genuinely forgotten about the bet until you reminded me.

I'm pretty sure thats what it was. I said that BA would win a comp at Parra. It sounds like the sort of stupid thing I'd say.

Soto

Bench
FMD, 2017 we finished 4th, 2018 anomaly, 2019 5th (one win from top 4), 2020 currently 3rd and 4 points clear of 4th.
Except for 2016 which no one understands, we have been pretty f**ken consistent since our salary cap year where we won enough games to finish 8th.
Yes and my post was if BA cant win us a comp or have us in the top 4 every year when his contract is up then he should not be extended. He has this year and 2 more after this to do that.
The previous years you have quoted don't exactly paint a consistent top 4 finish..it shows the inconsistency we have accepted and become accustomed to.
Hopefully we can turn it around. Although we are top 3 now doesn't mean we have finished in the top 4 this year...some tough games ahead. Storm, soufs and panfers will be really tough games.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
BS Pou...
Storm and Roosters have maintained their high standards for years going into decades now.
Attention to detail, smart recruitment..
Oh sombrero helps too or 2 sets of books

so a good functioning back office then and the right structures in place ? Something we have only had in place since 2019. And within 12-18 months, we are now on track to have our best regular season since 2005

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I reckon BA has shown he can coach a side to the finals / top 4 regularly (2016 enough wins for the finals, 2017 top 4, 2018 f**ken disaster, 2019 5th, 2020 on track for top 4) that’s 3 from last 4 years, couldn’t be stuffed looking but reckon that’s one of the better records from the same period of most coaches.

The key to winning the comp is competing for a top 4 spot for a few years with some luck and some consistency with your squad.

It’s what Souths (Maguire inherited a decent squad took 3 years of top 4 finishes to win) / Cowboys (took 5 years of final appearances plus a great to win) / Sharks (made the finals for 4 out of 5 years with the drug sandal in the middle) all did (they are similar to us as opposed to roosters / storm which are something special).

It’s only been the last 18 months that our back office has been fixed and hopefully now will give BA a consistent squad / support for a few years.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yes and my post was if BA cant win us a comp or have us in the top 4 every year when his contract is up then he should not be extended. He has this year and 2 more after this to do that.
The previous years you have quoted don't exactly paint a consistent top 4 finish..it shows the inconsistency we have accepted and become accustomed to.
Hopefully we can turn it around. Although we are top 3 now doesn't mean we have finished in the top 4 this year...some tough games ahead. Storm, soufs and panfers will be really tough games.
Should we replace Arthur's with a coach who can get us in the top four every year? Which ones do you think should be on our shortlist?