What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Arthur's losses until 50%

Gazzamatta

Coach
BA has had his shot. He looks like a tired man out of ideas. His tactics may work out in the bush, can’t see him having much of an impact this season. Change would be great but I guess with the extension that won’t be happening anytime soon.
BA is our Head Coach for this and 2 more years. He needs better support. He has his strengths and most definitely has his weaknesses. The right support will certainly assist and at the very least provide different ideas and voices to the playing group. Id hope BA is open to such change. Who knows but Joey was bought in this year and comments from players about what he provided, pre Covid was extremely positive. Change is good.

TheParraboy

Staff member
BA has had his shot. He looks like a tired man out of ideas. His tactics may work out in the bush, can’t see him having much of an impact this season. Change would be great but I guess with the extension that won’t be happening anytime soon.

After the Knights game BA said he they trained on defence only into that match. Defence has won us games this year like we haven't seen for years. Out of ideas for winning 11 from 14..yeah ok

Roosters were shit in attack in 2018 for a good while, they were getting slammed in the media relentlessly. But their defence was always good, kept them up in the top 4, their attack came good...and a title.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
When your defence is strong you stay in games and are always a chance of jagging a win. Don't forget that 2018 Roosters side lost eight games. How many do you reckon they were expected to win? Here's a tip - they all finished below them on the ladder, and two of those teams didn't even make the top eight.

84 Baby

Referee
I’d hate to compare us to the Rorters but...
stat-attack-roosters_20200817.jpg

https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/17/history-shows-roosters-are-still-on-track-for-three-peat/

Eelementary

Post Whore

That is very, very interesting.

I guess we tend to romanticise the Roosters, because they're the Premiers - but statistically, we are tracking better than they were in 2018, and 2019, which I find fascinating.

I'm convinced that we haven't played all our cards yet. I'm convinced that we have focussed our 2020 season in the hardest part of the game - defence-, and that we are "going through the motions" in attack, before unleashing our attack just before the Finals begin.

84 Baby

Referee
That is very, very interesting.

I guess we tend to romanticise the Roosters, because they're the Premiers - but statistically, we are tracking better than they were in 2018, and 2019, which I find fascinating.

I'm convinced that we haven't played all our cards yet. I'm convinced that we have focussed our 2020 season in the hardest part of the game - defence-, and that we are "going through the motions" in attack, before unleashing our attack just before the Finals begin.
Well Pou the Goldfish will attest that fish have short memories. I reckon there’s a bunch of guppies in this place because Rorters of past 2 years are remembered as the pinnacle of greatness, yet they are tracking better this year, but is anyone claiming they are playing supremely at the moment?
Sure they’ve earned the right, but they sure as f**k hadn’t earned that right in 2018.
Then again we’re not allowed to compare ourselves to the Rorters

Edit - and before the chirps of super secret moves get unleashed, I reckon we have played all our cards, just not all at once.

Last edited: