What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ARU target Inglis, Hayne, Wing

vikingstorm

Juniors
yobbo84 said:
Who cares? Brad Watts would carve up in union.

Im sure Brad Watts had a Stint at my Team Widnes. He could n't have been any good because I can barely remember him.

Anyway,,,,,These Union Tactics are desperate tactics. That sport is one that can simply not compete with the NRL, Nor can it produce players of similar quality. Despite its claims of Global travel, Unions domestic game remains "borderline Tedious".

As we expand our Game......I'd like to see 18 teams in both the British and Australian Leagues, we will more onto a different level completely to Union..

Its really is a sorry, little game, trivialised by Dogma, and smouthered at Birth by the Shrill of the Referee's whistle

Calixte

First Grade
Woods99 said:
The ARU doesn't write articles, journalists do. Like the journalists who wrote the big story "Rogers goes back to league". Yep, back to league in 2008. What a scoop. Don't believe everything that you read in the papers.
"A fair bit of pain". Poor Wamberal. :lol:

vikingstorm

Juniors
Woods99 said:
The ARU doesn't write articles, journalists do. Like the journalists who wrote the big story "Rogers goes back to league". Yep, back to league in 2008. What a scoop. Don't believe everything that you read in the papers.

The Terror Tactics of the ARU are like religious fanatics parking cars to get their Seedy way, before the Trigger is Set.

Your Trigger Happy Days are numbers Union

phonetic

Juniors
Woods,

Surely you could name me a few of the hot shots from Club Rugby around the nation. Why arn't the ARU looking to give these young stars a chance??

Green Machine

First Grade
aussies1st said:
Somebody from the NRL will be tempted, the ARU will have a ton of money to spend.

Those cash reserves may be down to a few kg’s once the APC gets up and running:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegrap...006067,00.html

New series dividing the game

By Peter Jenkins
September 01, 2006 12:00
BACK in those halcyon days of Australian rugby immediately after the 2003 World Cup the ARU boasted $45 million in capital reserves.
That figure is now down to $28m and it helps explain why a number of nervous officials are squinting intently at the proposed national club competition's bottom line.
Sydney University club vice-president Andrew Wennerbom raised the money matter last night when a panel of diverse rugby figures debated the merits of the planned championship on Fox Sports.
"There has been $17 million move on in only three years," Wennerbom said, leading into a claim that running the new eight-team competition at an annual $5m loss was unsustainable.

aussies1st

Staff member
Thats true, the ARU must be thinking something as they wouldn't have figured Tuqiri leaving into the money situation.

I think their money reserves are dwindling and they won't match any offer that Tuquiri gets.

Let's not forget that as well as the black hole that the APC is going to be, they also haven't been able to sell the RWC to either FTA or PayTV.

Green Machine

First Grade
I’ll tell ya what’s nicer: a $100m contract that is delivered every season. A lot nicer than getting $46m from a World Cup that the ARU might stage again in 20 years time,

ali

Bench
We are definately winning the war with Union in Aus. Considering this current provincial Union comp must be losing a lot of money, I wonder what the new comp next year is going to do to their finances. It will certainly stretch their resources in terms of marketing. Anyway the AFL is posing as a far greater threat than Union. I'm confident we can coexist with soccer, as many RL fans also follow soccer.

The battle with Union in England is still on big time. Unfortunately we've lost Chev Walker, probably the 3rd or 4th best centre in the UK. It now looks as though we've lost Karl Pryce too, a 20 year old 6ft 6 centre from Bradford who has scored around a try a game this season. He was shaping as a future GB rep. Another likely future GB rep in Wigan fullback Chris Ashton is also being chased by Union clubs. Fortunately Wigan have told them to go away because he has a year to run on his contract.

For a strong RL we need strong competition from Great Britain. So it's imperative they don't lose their best players to union. Having said that, I think this has been the best Super League season yet. It will be another all time crowd record and the comp is definately becoming more even. Unfortunately though, coaches with RL experience are scattered throughout English union and they know the quality of young RL players. Dennis Betts is at Gloucester, so no doubt recommended they go after Karl Pryce. Southern Hemisphere coaches and players are taking up too many resources. Englsih coaches are going to Union to get a gig, and some squads have up to 12 imports. The problem is not much can be done about this, European Union working laws mean anyone with European or Pacific Islander blood is off quota.

Brutus

Referee
I hear Dunning wants to play rugby league.

It certainly won't be NRL, Premier League or QLD Cup.

Sharkie™

Juniors
Brutus said:
I hear Dunning wants to play rugby league.

It certainly won't be NRL, Premier League or QLD Cup.

is that legite or a beat up because he wouldnt last 2 mins in RL.