What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As Australians what do you think ?

JJ

Immortal
Kurt Angle said:
Yep, RU is the soft option.

As a kiwi, do 5 laps of the field, 3 hours of haka practice,20 push ups and bang... world champions... such little effort to be best in the world.

For NZ RL players, well for most of them, emmigrate to a first world country, train 4-6 hours a day five days a week, play in the most grueling rugby competition in the world, and hopefully get within 12 points of the Kangaroos.

For the kiwi RL players, its such a bigger mountain to climb, for much less success.

Hence, NZ takes the softer option by rewarding the mediocre option that is RU.

:crazy: :crazy:

you haven't got a clue

ocko

juniors
To me, it's simple. You play SOO because you are from either NSW or QLD. What country are New South Wales and Queensland in? Australia! Therefore, you should have to be an Aussie to play Origin.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Lego_Man said:
Actually that's pretty much rubbish, when you consider that the far larger union player pool mean that you are far less likely to be able to gain an All Blacks jersey. Just look at some of the nuffies that have been selected for the kiwis in recent years.

That's not "the mountain" I'm talking about.

Being born a new zealander means you consign yourself to a life of failure and mediocrity. New Zealand just fails at most aspects of human endeavour.

However, there is one out for them, Rugby Union. A game that is played by anybody except a sprinkling of soft private school boys who can't handle adversity.

NZ can thump them alright... well done.. I can see NZ'ers all lining up for this semblence of "glory".

Those that actually want to take the step up and test themselves against better rugby players will play RL. Granted that means they will be on the end of a drubbing more times than not, but as least they will attain the self satisfaction of being better than any RU player.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
aqua_duck said:
Union in NZ the soft option? You've got to be kidding me, maybe in aus union is the soft option but not in NZ

Union is soft no matter where you play it, simple as that and yes i have played both.

Sam_the_man

First Grade
Vainga Tuigamala said after his first training with Wigan after making the switch that he had never felt so ill after a trainibng before and that league players deserve every cent they earn.

Now as for this SOO argument, Craig Smith played for both Queensland and NZ so it would seem the rules can be bent when they need to be. Also Adrian Lam played for the PNG team and Queensland, again...bending the rules when bending is requirered.

Latest posts