What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashamed to be a league fan

Scoddy

Juniors
The decision making from both the video ref and Steven Clark during the first 10 minutes of the second half of the SOO were simply disgraceful.I have followed League for over 30 years and played the game for over 20 and I couldn't make sense of some of the decisions.
May I suggest to David Gallop that the next time we showcase our game in melbourne that we sort out the refereeing in order for anyone to work out what the hell is going on out there.

wittyfan

Referee
I'm more distressed about players constantly slipping over. In the old days games were played on mudheaps and players managed to stay upright.

Scoddy said:
May I suggest to David Gallop that the next time we showcase our game in melbourne that we sort out the refereeing in order for anyone to work out what the hell is going on out there.
Get your facts right, David Gallop runs the NRL and not S.O.O, which is run by the ARL. I heard Ben Ikin make the same mistake in commentary tonight.

To say your ashamed is waaayyy over the top, 3 bad decisions (the Thurston knock-on wasn't so bad, but the other two were awful) isn't that bad, guys like Shayne Hayne would beg for games with that many mistakes!

shadow grinder

First Grade
The_MaFeeLi_Tiger said:
The video ref made the decisions for the no tries.

really? sh*t...since i was only born yesterday i didnt know that.:roll:

Clark was sh*t......he kept calling up little things then letting other things go.

hotsnow said:
So can someone explain to me how exactly Hodgeson knocked-on?

Hodgson didnt even play at it it wasnt a knock on ive seen people get hit in the head with the ball and another player caught it and scored this was no different

jimmythehand

Juniors
Here's my two cents:

Price's strip was correctly called a strip. Although contact with the ball was minimal, if you look at the motion of prices' arms it is the same as someone trying to ruck the ball out, and he intentionally assisted in the ball coming loose.

Thurston's knock on was correctly called a knock on. Although he landed on the ball with his stomach, in the process of getting up and trying to get his hands away from the ball, the ball actually brushed his arms and went forward (I presume if you're trying to get your hands away from the ball whilst diving on it you're still making a play 'at' it).

When Hodgson's knock on was not called, I almost turned the tv off. I lost interest in the game. I thought that one of the slow motion replays clearly showed the ball striking not one but both of Hodgson's arms. I thought QLD would come back and win it but nothing that happened after that event would matter to me because the game was just a farce.

To make matters worse, we had to endure Lockyer's try. My first reaction was that he had to be offside. C9 showed one replay of the try, and I didn't get a good view. But it looked like Clarke was 1 metre the QLD side of the 20metre line, and Lockyer was 1m the other side - so about 2m offside. Does anyone have a still shot they can post?

One bad call for either side but once the first farcical decision is made the rest of the game is a farce.

Gene Krupa

Referee
jimmythehand said:
To make matters worse, we had to endure Lockyer's try. My first reaction was that he had to be offside. C9 showed one replay of the try, and I didn't get a good view. But it looked like Clarke was 1 metre the QLD side of the 20metre line, and Lockyer was 1m the other side - so about 2m offside. Does anyone have a still shot they can post?

I thought that too.

dragonfire

Bench
all i want is consistancy, Wesser get lifted and pushed back 5 metres and QLD gets a penalty yet Menzies gets lifted and pushed back a good 10 metres and nothing happens, its called play on? What because Menzies didnt get carried back into the ingoal it doesnt consitute a penalty? Inconsistancy is my main gripe about the referee's.

In my view the game was great, personally though that Hodgson didnt touch the ball with his arms therefore no knock-on. Price did play at the ball which did lead to it coming free. I was disappointed that Queensland won the way they did, NSW mistake but hey thats the game of rugby league. And even though my mighty blues lost i think in the long run this was the best result for the State of Origin.

redwhitedragon

Juniors
NSW rugby league should never agreed to melb. Would of won the game. more queenslanders there for some reason. Is it just me or was Gould basically up Queensland A*se the whole 3 games?
joke deadset.

Misty Bee

First Grade
Not to mention the Mogg try - items of clothing are now not counted if they go in touch. I take it shoes and shouldersare not clothes either?

Anyway, last year they lost and whinged. This year, they won and whinged!

Latest posts