What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashamed to be a league fan

Mogg was off the ground when the ball hit the turf, regardless of how close it was, how many replays did they go through to show it?

The first nsw try in the second half went nowhere near hodgsons head, lol, that was one of the worst decisions ive ever seen in 20 years of watching the game, and it only runs second to the next nsw try where matt cooper knocked on and they awarded it, bloody disgraceful, not to mention the number of times the likes of king and mason used elbows in tackles, nathan "headlock expert" hindmarsh got away with f**kin everything.

So before you blues fans start whinging and whining, take a look at the things your team were allowed to get away with.

Gene Krupa

Referee
VictorTheViking said:
So before you blues fans start whinging and whining, take a look at the things your team were allowed to get away with.

*cough* Lockyer 2 meters offside! *cough*

I had turned the tv off before the end of the game mate, I lost interest after those two decisions, I only just found out the result when I came on here, lol

Ridders

Coach
i think everyone is being too harsh on clark...he had a decent game bar some decisions...the hodgson thing wasn't even his fault, the video ref made that call

BroncoBuck

Juniors
Even if Lockyer was offside I'm pretty sure Groethe was for his intercept too. Either way neither compares to the absolute brain explosion by the video ref on the Hodgson decision.

innsaneink

Referee
BroncoBuck said:
Even if Lockyer was offside I'm pretty sure Groethe was for his intercept too. Either way neither compares to the absolute brain explosion by the video ref on the Hodgson decision.

Thurstons pass was forward so that cancels out any *offside* you claim Grothe committed...anyway the ptb was on the f**king tryline, how the hell could he be offside, he woulddnt have got the pass if he was, cause it was forward.

skeepe

Immortal
Misty Bee said:
Not to mention the Mogg try - items of clothing are now not counted if they go in touch. I take it shoes and shouldersare not clothes either?

Anyway, last year they lost and whinged. This year, they won and whinged!

I know it's a cliche that gets bandied around far too much around here, but if that isn't the pot calling the kettle black I don't know what is.

First, you have a whinge about a legitimate try being awarded, and then have a whinge about how Queenslanders are always whinging

:crazy:

Knightmare

Coach
VictorTheViking said:
I had turned the tv off before the end of the game mate, I lost interest after those two decisions, I only just found out the result when I came on here, lol

Just like Queensland fans, you go away if you think you can't win it. Thank God the team thinks differently! NSW- by and large we'll stay till the final siren, whatever the score.

Mr Saab

Referee
Misty Bee said:
Not to mention the Mogg try - items of clothing are now not counted if they go in touch. I take it shoes and shouldersare not clothes either?

Anyway, last year they lost and whinged. This year, they won and whinged!

Almost in the Saab category for post game origin whinging.
Its ok, only 310 odd days till orign 2007.

Misty Bee

First Grade
And 4000 whinges to get anywhere near your record.

It's OK Charlie. QLD won fair and square. Big dog says it's bedtime. Off you trot now :)

icewind

Juniors
well see yas all again next year... when we have hopefully our first choice backline which should make us that much stronger.... n you can have ur precious gasnier at 5/8 again... that should make things interesting.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Don't think any of the reffing team had a great game. Video ref for the allegedly no knock on, touch judge for missing the hand in touch prior to when Q'land got penalised for the drag in to touch, Clarke for giving some penalties then ignoring the same offences. Only good thing was they tended to be equally bad for both teams 9Q'land probably got a slightly worse deal)

Normally i stick up for refs as they have a terrible job to see everything but tonights game could easily have been decided by some very poor reffing and that isn't on!

joel caine number 1 fan said:
Hodgson didnt even play at it it wasnt a knock on ive seen people get hit in the head with the ball and another player caught it and scored this was no different

errrrr dickhead!!!!!!!! how was he not playing at the ball? was he holding his arms out to pretend that he was carrying a baby? The Ball touched his right hand, go look at the game, now.

oh btw whats with this Misty Bee chick. Man talk about that time of the month except she goes all month. Always talking sh*t about queenslanders and talking like some hardcore person yet she makes pictures every week about her made up footy comp lol. Noone likes you Misty Bee.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
BroncoBuck said:

clutching at straws a bit there, no way was he off side

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
There are a lot of rules that need to be fixed in Rugby League... And most of them were there for all to see last night.

1. Why can't a player be lifted and pushed back into the in goal yet in the normal field of play it's legal?
2. Knock on rulings... Does it hit his arm? Who cares? If he plays at it and it goes forward off his body while trying to catch it, it's a knock on. The onus should be take the ball clean.
3. Loose carry/ball stripping. If you can't hold the ball, you don't deserve to have it.
4. Offside rule... It's 10m and back with the ref or it's a penalty.
5. Play the ball... Play it straight and put your footy on the ball. If you fail either it is an infringement.
6. Offside from a kickoff/drop out. I'm sick to death watching every team in every game commit this basic mistake.

There are more, and what I want to know is when are the rules going to be applied correctly and fixed when it's simply just not possible to apply them correctly all the time? Why are players allowed to infringe some of the rules some times and then not other times?

The ground was very disappointing... I know we got a close match, but the match never delivered a real example of what Rugby League is all about due to the slippery ground.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
I think they got most of it right. The Hodgson "knock on" was the only call that was close. It was hard to tell whether the ball actually touched the hand or his knee.

Sea_Eagles_Rock said:
Does it hit his arm? Who cares? If he plays at it and it goes forward off his body while trying to catch it, it's a knock on.

How about you read the rules? If it is off the body it is not a knock on!

The hand wasn't in touch. And Thurston definately had a second effort.

The Price strip was obvious. He didn't have his hand on the ball to lock it up, he made a definate play at stripping the ball.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
That list was a suggestion on rule improvements and improvements on the implementation of some of the current rules. It wasn't an indication that all of the examples in the game were given incorrectly. Most were correct, but it's the rule that is wrong IMO.

Latest posts