What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ashes 2009 TV coverage?

So which FTA channel is covering the ASHES and will it be live or delayed and if delayed will they allow Foxsports to show it live?

butchmcdick

Post Whore
So which FTA channel is covering the ASHES and will it be live or delayed and if delayed will they allow Foxsports to show it live?

I saw an ad on SBS the other day promoting the sport they will be showing this year and the ashes was front and centre. I seem to remember last time it was live on both SBS and Fox sports.

when was the ashes not live :?

it's been live ever since i can remember in 93

live on fox/sbs last time

live on fox in 2001 and part of it was on 7

live on fox with the first session on 9 in 97

live on something in 93

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade

live on something in 93

Ah my bad. I remember 2 series where I missed heaps of it but I didnt have fox them. This was 97 and 01 i think

both had the first sessions only i think

i know 9 did in 97 ... not sure what 7 did but their coverage was sh*t so i didn't watch it

Didn't Ch7 use Tony Squires, KOK and McGill from their host studio?

The Ch 4 coverage from England on SBS was excellent last time and with the excellent standard of cricket it rated quite well for SBS. Unfortunately only Sky have the rights now so it will most likely be the same coverage on SBS and Fox.

IanG

Coach
As I understand it SBS is doing the lot this time round. But will take the feed from Sky Sports now that Channel 4 don't do it anymore.

I heard somewhere they were doing the one dayers and the 2 twenty20 games as well.

WIll be on ABC Radio as well.

griffo346

First Grade
sbs may not show some of it live as the tour de france is on same time and sbs has the rights to this also

IanG

Coach
sbs may not show some of it live as the tour de france is on same time and sbs has the rights to this also

Yeah but you can live with that. Cuz back when 9 did it, it was the same story when Wimboldon clashed. In fact there were a couple of time when 9 permitted the ABC to cover the test it clashed with.

The tour de france was on last time sbs did the ashes as well... from memory i think they left the cricket and then came back to it after the stage, because that is the first time i watched it and got into it. At least there is fox which you can switch to or the radio during the break.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Can't the show the boring Tour De Slow after the cricket. It is not as if you will miss anything anyway!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Not to mention of all the sports is the most boring thing to watch..seriously they just go round and round!

eddiesmith

Juniors
I'll stick to Fox, although other England home series they show Rugby, League and AFL some Saturday nights, be interesting to see what happens when its the Ashes, could be some days with no coverage of the 1st session

IanG

Coach
There is the possibility too that you could be able to see one of them on the normal SBS and the other on the Digital SBS News Channel. A possibility anyway.

Front-Rower

First Grade

live on something in 93

Your nearly right. It was live on Sports Australia (optus) in 1997 and C7 in 2001, but only the first session. Channel 9 didn't want the rights in 2001 because they said "no one cares we will win anyway" or something similar to that. So 7 brought them.

In 1993 every ball was broadcast on 9, if memory serves me correctly.

IanG

Coach
Yeah pretty much. Looking forward to it. Be quite a bit of cricket on FTA this year. The Ashes and the IPL.

Also will Channel 9 be showing Australia's involvement in the World Twenty20 or is that once again all bloody Fox?

Latest posts