What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asian World Cup Qualifiers

fish eel

Immortal
It appears Nick Carle dogged the game in China. Surprising, given he never played much under Pim. While I'm not Pim's biggesr fan, he did cop a bit from the Carle cheer squad on SBS for not playing him against China - wonder if they'll retract given this is on their website:

Carle also revealed that it was his decision not to play against China in Australia’s qualifying match in Sydney last month.

Socceroos coach Pim Verbeek gave Carle the option of staying in camp or having time off.

“I really thought it was probably best to make sure I had my week or two rest and spend time with the family because that’s really important after being away for a year straight,” Carle said.

“I wanted to make sure that I’m ready to for next season. I feel that if you don’t get a good pre-season in then you’re catching up all year.”

“So rather than missing some of the pre-season I’d rather miss that (China) game so I can have my rest time, which is important after such a long season.”

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/socceroos/carle-feels-the-love-122303/

Latest posts