What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ask me anything

___

Juniors
Why are women who deliver front line health care in hospitals and allied health services, are generally obese?

I'm talking about nurses. You'd think that the knowledge gained during their training would invoke some sort of sense of self awareness of dietary issues.
Some people are fat/overweight due to a genetic issue, not necessarily dietary. This bloke I used to work with was obese. He never ate breakfast or lunch, only dinner. And he wouldn't go overboard on that either.

TheFrog

Coach
Why are women who deliver front line health care in hospitals and allied health services, are generally obese?

I'm talking about nurses. You'd think that the knowledge gained during their training would invoke some sort of sense of self awareness of dietary issues.
Shift workers very often do not enjoy a healthy diet.

Amin Yashed

Juniors

Probably due to them not visiting you enough to get fresh veggies would be my assumption.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors

I dunno I work in hospitals and there's not many fat nurses around that i've experienced.

Some sure, but not that many.

veggiepatch1959

First Grade
I dunno I work in hospitals and there's not many fat nurses around that i've experienced.

Some sure, but not that many.
Maybe I'm exaggerating a bit but there seems to be a higher proportion of overweight nurses than in most other professions.

Other factors could be public v private hospitals and the socio-economic state of where the hospital is located.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
I can see the amusing irony in doctors nurses etc being overweight and advising others of lifestyle choices, but i mean they're just people too and they're susceptible to the same desires that we are.

good mate of mine is an ICP and smokes like a chimney, haha

Amin Yashed

Juniors
I can see the amusing irony in doctors nurses etc being overweight and advising others of lifestyle choices, but i mean they're just people too and they're susceptible to the same desires that we are.

good mate of mine is an ICP and smokes like a chimney, haha
Whatever happened to your refereeing career Jad? What is life like after footy?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I assume you are using Google Chrome as your browser, it has spell checkers and auto correct if you are on a smart phone. All depends on your settings.

justdave

Juniors

I get what you're saying but not always.

Was in JH in Newcastle. The icu cardiac ward, the hottest nurse ever.

Hi Ash, if you're reading this. You haven't called me yet!

Amin Yashed

Juniors
I get what you're saying but not always.

Was in JH in Newcastle. The icu cardiac ward, the hottest nurse ever.

Hi Ash, if you're reading this. You haven't called me yet!
I tend to agree as well. Most nurses I've come across whilst injured in hospital have been half decent to gorgeous. In my age group anyhow.

Latest posts