What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Asotasi Signed With Souths

Big Bunny

Juniors
Roy said:
If they could keep the mad dog brothers they are doing very well, but i think you have done well enough they can come to newcastle:D

Well, you can have Adam, although I doubt your club will even want him unless they offer him a small or incentive contract like we did. I wouldn't mind shuffling Luke off to Newcastle either. He'll be a good replacement for Carney on the field, but off it you'll have to put up with his primadonna act. He's just not worth the problems.

Bumble

First Grade
robyalvaro said:
Peachey
Hegarty
Gordon
Vagana
??
Sutton
Champion
Cusack
Webb
Asotasi
Faalogo
Widders
Kidwell

Galuvao
Irvine
Geddes
Manakafoa

Good side... :)

Merritt. and no Hegarty...Talanoa will be ready by next year.

Champion at half? No way.

Big Mick

Referee
Ben Walker wanted $230,000...Souths said...dreaming we'll offer you $120,000. Gave him till the end of business last Friday.

He's now on the market.

Ari Gold

Bench
Bumble said:
Merritt. and no Hegarty...Talanoa will be ready by next year.

Champion at half? No way.

Merritt over Hegarty? No way. Too much of a risk in defence, he's the size of Tallis's brain.

I'd take Champion over Joe "Fatty" Williams anyday as well... played in the halves on Saturday and we actually looked like winning for once.

Peachey
Merritt
Vagana
Gordon
L McDougall
Sutton
Williams
Cusack
Webb
Asotasi
Faalogo
Kidwell
Widders

Irvine
Manukafoa
Galuvao
Stuart
-------------------

It will be tops if these marquee players can persuade luke mcdougall to stay, which will fill in the gap

but souths will need to do something horribly wrong if they are to get the spoon again next year

C.P

Juniors
Thanks Roy for the last few years :clap: Good luck. 5 year deal is a good move by Souths also, even though theyve paid overs now im sure down the track it will be seen as good foresight.
Well done Souths, this will have to be rated as the most impressive recruitment campaign for you guys since you came back into the comp. But one question is there any truth to the rumours that your club will be changing its name to the South Auckland Rabbitohs next year :p

Seano

Juniors
robyalvaro said:
Merritt over Hegarty? No way. Too much of a risk in defence, he's the size of Tallis's brain.

I'd take Champion over Joe "Fatty" Williams anyday as well... played in the halves on Saturday and we actually looked like winning for once.

You cant be serious!?!?!?!

heggarty has to be one of the worst defenders in the team - he has let in so many tries by abandoning his centre and running in off his wing this year.

Give me max over hegs any day!

bigdogsgottaeat

Juniors
Rabbitohs2005 said:
Peachey
Merritt
Vagana
Gordon
L McDougall
Sutton
Williams
Cusack
Webb
Asotasi
Faalogo
Kidwell
Widders

Irvine
Manukafoa
Galuvao
Stuart
-------------------

It will be tops if these marquee players can persuade luke mcdougall to stay, which will fill in the gap

but souths will need to do something horribly wrong if they are to get the spoon again next year

Thats actually a decent team! In fact, I'd almost go as far to say, a GOOD team

CMON THE BUNNIES!

Bumble

First Grade
C.P said:
Thanks Roy for the last few years :clap: Good luck. 5 year deal is a good move by Souths also, even though theyve paid overs now im sure down the track it will be seen as good foresight.

I agree, considering the cap will most probably go up in the next couple of years, it's not as over the top as people think.

And yes, it's going to be Australia vs Southwests Warriors in the ANZAC test next year. :p

aussies1st

Staff member
Surely this will be the turning point for Souths. Too bad Harrison left as he could have been in something special.

Fantastic work for the bunnies real signings this year and added to some of the Raw talent and over tired veterans they have currently this may add the spark that they need to garner that competitiveness and mental toughness that has daunted them for years.

LOL @ Ben Walker if $230k is true he isnt worth a $100k let alone that, and Jason Smiths last door has been closed and its either back to England or retirement cause surely no club is dumb enough to tough someone of his age that continuously carries injury.

nqboy

First Grade
Penance said:
...I can’t wait to play on a regular basis with guys like David Kidwell, Nigel Vagana, David Fa’alogo and Joe Galuvao...
as opposed to playing with Willie Mason, Mark O'Meley, Sonny Bill and Andrew Ryan

Penance said:
...“I feel that the Rabbitohs will give me the opportunity to play with some very talented players every week...
because I'm not used to that at Canterbury(?)

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the Bunnies and really rate Asotasi up with the best but these statements are just press and fan fodder.

MattJ

Juniors
aussies1st said:
Surely this will be the turning point for Souths. Too bad Harrison left as he could have been in something special.

I wonder if he regrets the leaving so he can play finals footy comment now, i think he jumped ship at the wrong time. Things are looking good ahead for souths on and more importantly off field now.

nqboy

First Grade
He probably does but what could he do at the time? There was no light at the end of the tunnel, George still ruled the roost.

MattJ

Juniors
nqboy said:
as opposed to playing with Willie Mason, Mark O'Meley, Sonny Bill and Andrew Ryan

because I'm not used to that at Canterbury(?)

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the Bunnies and really rate Asotasi up with the best but these statements are just press and fan fodder.

I think the 1st quote you refer to is more to do with the fact he will be playing along with some of his fellow kiwi internationals.

MattJ

Juniors
nqboy said:
He probably does but what could he do at the time? There was no light at the end of the tunnel, George still ruled the roost.

Yeah, true enough, things looked bleak at that point in time, no one can really blame him for that decision, just funny how things work out sometimes.

Snoop

Coach
Souths have recruited well so far but they are still lightweights when you compare their 1,6,7 and 9 against those of other teams.

m0j0

Bench
snoopster77 said:
Souths have recruited well so far but they are still lightweights when you compare their 1,6,7 and 9 against those of other teams.

With the exception of our current 1,6,7 and 9 (whatever they may be this week - Morley in the no.6 this week? With Ricky, anything's possible).